Anyone else accepted into UCC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bewgalew

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just put my deposit in for the 4 year GEP at UCC.

Just wondering if there is anyone on this forum in the same situation as me.
What housing options are you looking at?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I didn't apply to UCC, but UCC is a great school within a great city.

I did! I'm thinking about Sheares Gate or Brookfield Apartments. Or, it would probably be the cheapest to do a house-share with other GEPers near campus, but if not, the others don't seem bad. How about you? Where're you coming from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Sheares gate seems to be the place where the majority of international students go first year. I'm between that or Dennehy's cross, I think that I'll probably look into a house-share after the first year. Im from Hamilton,Ontario, you?

I put in my deposit last week. I'm heavily leaning towards Sheares gate

I put my deposit down on Shearer's gate. Oddly enough, I'm from Hamilton, Ontario, too!

Yeah thanks, those tips are very helpful!

I was also wondering about required textbooks and if it would be a good idea to try to buy them before going or if it is easy to get used books there?

I put my deposit down on Shearer's gate. Oddly enough, I'm from Hamilton, Ontario, too!

Whoaa... I'm from Hamilton too! Guess where taking over Ireland next year? lol Are you coming out of high school or undergrad?

As someone who's now finishing 3rd GEM, thinking back on first year most people bought EXCESSIVE amounts of texts books. I only ever used 1-2 in first year of the 6-7 I bought. What happened to the ones I didn't use? Well they're currently propping up my monitor. Books that are useful: Netter's, Step 1 First Aid. That's probably it. Anything else you could get on ebook or just look it up on the internet. Don't waste your money. Get Toronto Notes if you're really keen, otherwise just wait until 2nd year when it's more useful.

I'm not currently using any of my textbooks with the exception of Grey's Anatomy for Students and occasionally first aid step 1. Then again i didn't buy anything else. The truth is you don't really need most of the textbooks, usually your uni gives you the material. The textbooks are for extra reading.

Reactions: 1 user