Anyone else alternate listed at MUSC for DPT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsmurray

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very nervous. This is the first place I've been maybe accepted to. Whats the odds do people think of getting accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

I also am an alternate for MUSC. Many schools will tell you of your ranking so that you can get a feel of how likely getting accepted would be. MUSC does not tell alternates their ranking so it is very uncertain. There could be 40 other alternates or there could be less. Hopefully one or both of us will be the lucky ones! Good luck!

I also am an alternate at MUSC. I know some schools have a tier based system on their wait lists, but it's hard to tell with the MUSC wait list how many students since they don't give you an idea and tell you they may contact you anytime up until the end of April. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard of at least 12 different alternates at this point. Very discouraging because they're are many more. I live in Charleston so I hear about it a lot.

When did you all hear back that you were on the alternate list? I applied early decision and am still waiting to hear back....

I heard around March 1st. But they have sent out all the early admissions I've heard... So I would probably call.

When did you all hear back that you were on the alternate list? I applied early decision and am still waiting to hear back....

Acceptances and waitlist were sent out early Feb for last years cycle.

MUSC sent out the first-round of acceptances for the early decision just before Thanksgiving (I think I rec'd mine on Nov 20th). We had to send in our matriculation fee by next monday, december 10th, so expect they will be sending out more letters as people deny their spot.

Good luck!