Anyone else behind?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else behind on his application? Mine is all ready to be submitted, but unfortunately crappy AACOMAS doesn't take discover so I'm going to have to wait a couple more weeks before I can submit.

Members don't see this ad.

JKDMed said:
Anyone else behind on his application? Mine is all ready to be submitted, but unfortunately crappy AACOMAS doesn't take discover so I'm going to have to wait a couple more weeks before I can submit.

Don't feel behind...I submitted last year in August and was processed in about 2-3 weeks. I found AACOMAS processed a lot faster than AMCAS. I recieved secondaries around that 2-3 week period as well. Completing your application is really important in getting in, but even more so for those secondaries.

JKDMed said:

Are u applying for Fall 2005 or for Fall 2006. Sorry I don't know the deadlines for DO schools :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
You're not behind at all. I don't plan on submitting until the end of July. I think as long as you have it in before August you should be fine.

Good Luck!! :)

dude, in no way are you behind. think of all the nervous/anxious pre-meds out there that took the dreaded april 05 MCAT that are waiting for their scores to submit apps. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

AACOMAS will process your application with or without your MCAT. You can go ahead and send in everything then have your scores forwarded to the schools. Good :luck:

Cool, thanks!

So, it's possible you could be filling out Secondaries before your MCAT comes in?

Just trying to figure all this stuff out, and haven't been able to find a good single source of information...

For instance, still looking for what is necessary for the initial app. vs. the secondaries.

As I understand it, there are no LOR's required for the initial, correct?

LORs are only required for secondaries. I think the schools that don't send secondaries will accept LORs, but I can't remember.

And yes, you can be filling out secondaries before you get your MCAT scores; I did last year.

Tiagao said:
AACOMAS will process your application with or without your MCAT. You can go ahead and send in everything then have your scores forwarded to the schools. Good :luck:

Will any schools screen you before your mcat scores are in? My gpa is a bit on the lower side, should I wait till I get mcat scores to send in my app (hoping that they will be high to offset my low gpa) or will my app not even be processed untill the schools get my scores?

Will any schools send out secondaries before they get mcat scores?

NRAI2001 said:
Will any schools screen you before your mcat scores are in? My gpa is a bit on the lower side, should I wait till I get mcat scores to send in my app (hoping that they will be high to offset my low gpa) or will my app not even be processed untill the schools get my scores?

Will any schools send out secondaries before they get mcat scores?

I think Touro and WVSOM screen presecondary, but I think the others just send secondaries out to every applicant. It is definitely not late for next application cycle I was not complete most places until January. However, I would go ahead and send in applications as soon as possible.

WVSOM and NYCOM screen presecondary. I applied before I had my MCAT scores, and WVSOM sent me an, "on hold" postcard, indicating my file would be re-reviewed upon receipt of my scores. I was eventually invited for an interivew, but didn't go. Now I hope I get in there. It's #1 or #2

any idea what GPA NYCOM screens out?

JKDMed said:
WVSOM and NYCOM screen presecondary. I applied before I had my MCAT scores, and WVSOM sent me an, "on hold" postcard, indicating my file would be re-reviewed upon receipt of my scores. I was eventually invited for an interivew, but didn't go. Now I hope I get in there. It's #1 or #2

YOu are not behind at all. My apps are done but my Personal Statement still needs work and I am taking orgo I with lab this summer and its been hectic trying to write this essay while memorizing 101 mechanisms. Urghhh....I thought I was behind. Glad to know I am not alone.

Thanks. I did a search and I think most people say NYCOM screens because they only allow secondaries for those they send interview intvites.

JKDMed said:
AACOM says 2.75. So who knows.

I was above their numbers last year and never heard a thing. Although, I never sent them my LORs; can't remember if they want them before or after. Before I assume.

I've seen some people posting on here that they did not get an invite from NYCOM until calling them about their application. I'll be all over that for sure.

JKDMed said:
I was above their numbers last year and never heard a thing. Although, I never sent them my LORs; can't remember if they want them before or after. Before I assume.