anyone else curious to know if GI alliance will go down?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Suprep

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Saw a job opening below. GI alliance ruined so many private practice opportunities for the newer GI fellows and young attendings. After the golden parachute for the retiring physicians, good to see they are unable to replace all the openings. I know GI alliance is too big to fail but I would love to see them receding and more private practice options in Texas and other metros

• Allen

• Arlington

• Dallas

• Denton

• Fort Worth

• Mansfield

• McKinney

• Plano

• North Richland Hills

• Rockwall

• Sunnyvale

Members don't see this ad.

No way they go down they are a juggernaut, issue is the second sale for recapitalization from the inevitable next private equity firm like kohlberg did for united digestive , and new grads need to get their stake in before the second bite ,

As a new grad, don't support these private equity backed ventures. They will take plenty off the top with their fees etc. Let them die, I rather do locums then give them fees. I heard GI Alliance takes about 30% off top, Gastro Health is similar.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For new grads, what are the offers? Are people still making 500-600k or much less and it’s better to be employed by a large hospital system?

For new grads, what are the offers? Are people still making 500-600k or much less and it’s better to be employed by a large hospital system?
for those with no visa restriction, go on your own.

Am actually contemplating this, but trying to figure out how to get patients to start (have some ideas on this) as well as where to scope unless it means I need to build my own ASC up front. If anyone has experience with some of these things would love to hear more about your journey. Feel free to DM me as my metro market is dominated by large GI groups only.

I'm graduating in 2025. PE is in all the big/desirable markets. Hospital employed seems nice when they're offering a good 500-600k starting and PSLF. Private practice is usually around 350-400 with partner in 2 years.

Not sure what happens after the first couple years salaried with the hospital. What would you guys do if you were graduating today?

Reactions: 1 user