-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone else feel like they got suplexed by an exam lately?
Started by Proudfather94
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oof ours encompass everything so we take one exam that has everythingAbout to be suplexed in a few days. 4 exams one day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You and about 30,000+ medical studentsJust got done taking an exam that was way harder than we thought it was going to be.
I failed an OMM practical at a school I thought would be chill about OMM, I've been humbled many times these past couple of weeks
Are you able to remediate it? I have to remediate a standardized pt encounterI failed an OMM practical at a school I thought would be chill about OMM, I've been humbled many times these past couple of weeks
D
deleted1139416
My school grades very harshly in the first semester of MS1 and then eases up. About 30% of the class failed the first OSCE. By second year, everyone was getting 100% on OSCEs.
Usually by 2nd year you learn how to game the system and convince your teacher that you know what you're doing.My school grades very harshly in the first semester of MS1 and then eases up. About 30% of the class failed the first OSCE. By second year, everyone was getting 100% on OSCEs.
D
deleted1139416
Usually by 2nd year you learn how to game the system and convince your teacher that you know what you're doing.
In some cases sure. But at my school they purposely grade harsh in the beginning and grade easier later on. I even wrote a trash SOAP note for an OSCE on purpose to test this theory and got a 98%.
yeah, im a fellow and I'm still getting double suplexed. keep grinding.
Yep. Halfway through first semester you realize there are some smart people in your class. Just keep grinding. You'll get there.
Yes I was and passed, but you can only fail a certain number of times on OMM practicals before you fail the course. Luckily for us the the standardized patient encounters aren’t graded until the last one of the semesterAre you able to remediate it? I have to remediate a standardized pt encounter
Honestly I've done pretty well on the 2 exams that I've taken so far. I think it's just the sheer volume of what we need to know vs what we get tested on makes me unsure about how well I did until my grades get back. OMM is also tricky because you either get most of the questions or you don't and they're worth alot. It's funny how you can go in, take the test, be certain you failed it, and then be at or a little above the average.Yep. Halfway through first semester you realize there are some smart people in your class. Just keep grinding. You'll get there.
D
deleted1079620
Welcome to medical education. This never gets better!It's funny how you can go in, take the test, be certain you failed it, and then be at or a little above the average.
1.5 years deep into my curriculum. 50+ exams. Feel like I have gotten suplexed by every single one.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yall have 50+ exams in just a year and a half?????1.5 years deep into my curriculum. 50+ exams. Feel like I have gotten suplexed by every single one.
To procrastinate studying for my exam this week I decided to run through the math.yall have 50+ exams in just a year and a half?????
40 exams so far haha.
i'm pouring one out for you my man, thats horribleTo procrastinate studying for my exam this week I decided to run through the math.
40 exams so far haha.
Why do DO schools seem much stricter in terms of exams attendance etc. I read some do schools have mandatory 9-5 attendance
D
deleted1000960
Why do DO schools seem much stricter in terms of exams attendance etc. I read some do schools have mandatory 9-5 attendance
Probably because there's a lot fewer DO schools compared to MD schools, and some of the more prominent ones have demon spawn admins (like LECOM).
Ours are mandatory and we have class 5 days a week but they're usually half days. 2 of those days are usually anatomy lab one is omm and one is a quiz or an exam so it makes it pointless to skip if you have to be there anywayWhy do DO schools seem much stricter in terms of exams attendance etc. I read some do schools have mandatory 9-5 attendance
The theory behind it isn't too bad to memorize it's the actually doing it part that's hard to get right.No. I have supplexed all my M1 and M2 exams, and also supplexed all my shelf exams (90%+) with one more to go. But if I had to take OMM, I would probably get supplexed. LOL.
They think it's the way to keep board exam pass rates high. Truth is that it leads to severe burn out by the time dedicated comes around, and inability to perform at a high level in clinicals after.Why do DO schools seem much stricter in terms of exams attendance etc. I read some do schools have mandatory 9-5 attendance
I feel that. My school has too many mandatory events in my opinion and I feel burnt out even though it’s only like 3x per week for 4 hours or so each. Can’t imagine being forced to be there 9-5They think it's the way to keep board exam pass rates high. Truth is that it leads to severe burn out by the time dedicated comes around, and inability to perform at a high level in clinicals after.
Even half days it's hard to study afterwards. My school only has a few lectures a week so they often cram multiple lectures worth of information into one so if you're not intensely paying attention you will fall behind. It wears you out for the rest of the day.I feel that. My school has too many mandatory events in my opinion and I feel burnt out even though it’s only like 3x per week for 4 hours or so each. Can’t imagine being forced to be there 9-5
Do they record the lectures? Maybe not going and then spacing them out over the course of the afternoon would helpEven half days it's hard to study afterwards. My school only has a few lectures a week so they often cram multiple lectures worth of information into one so if you're not intensely paying attention you will fall behind. It wears you out for the rest of the day.
Mandatory attendance though so you have to go. They do record them though. They don't cover all of the stuff you're responsible for learning thoughDo they record the lectures? Maybe not going and then spacing them out over the course of the afternoon would help
Just sit in the back with headphones on and do your work. Then watch lectures later.
Board cert exam made me feel like I had a concussion and the entire last 8 years of my life was wasted. Maybe I passed and I'm being hard on myself like I was for every single prior exam though lolyeah, im a fellow and I'm still getting double suplexed. keep grinding.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
D
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 288
D
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K