Anyone else feel like they got suplexed by an exam lately?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Proudfather94

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got done taking an exam that was way harder than we thought it was going to be.

Members don't see this ad.

About to be suplexed in a few days. 4 exams one day

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I failed an OMM practical at a school I thought would be chill about OMM, I've been humbled many times these past couple of weeks

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I failed an OMM practical at a school I thought would be chill about OMM, I've been humbled many times these past couple of weeks
Are you able to remediate it? I have to remediate a standardized pt encounter

Reactions: 1 user
My school grades very harshly in the first semester of MS1 and then eases up. About 30% of the class failed the first OSCE. By second year, everyone was getting 100% on OSCEs.

My school grades very harshly in the first semester of MS1 and then eases up. About 30% of the class failed the first OSCE. By second year, everyone was getting 100% on OSCEs.
Usually by 2nd year you learn how to game the system and convince your teacher that you know what you're doing.

Usually by 2nd year you learn how to game the system and convince your teacher that you know what you're doing.

In some cases sure. But at my school they purposely grade harsh in the beginning and grade easier later on. I even wrote a trash SOAP note for an OSCE on purpose to test this theory and got a 98%.

yeah, im a fellow and I'm still getting double suplexed. keep grinding.

Are you able to remediate it? I have to remediate a standardized pt encounter
Yes I was and passed, but you can only fail a certain number of times on OMM practicals before you fail the course. Luckily for us the the standardized patient encounters aren’t graded until the last one of the semester

Yep. Halfway through first semester you realize there are some smart people in your class. Just keep grinding. You'll get there.
Honestly I've done pretty well on the 2 exams that I've taken so far. I think it's just the sheer volume of what we need to know vs what we get tested on makes me unsure about how well I did until my grades get back. OMM is also tricky because you either get most of the questions or you don't and they're worth alot. It's funny how you can go in, take the test, be certain you failed it, and then be at or a little above the average.

Members don't see this ad :)
1.5 years deep into my curriculum. 50+ exams. Feel like I have gotten suplexed by every single one.

• Haha
Why do DO schools seem much stricter in terms of exams attendance etc. I read some do schools have mandatory 9-5 attendance

Why do DO schools seem much stricter in terms of exams attendance etc. I read some do schools have mandatory 9-5 attendance

Probably because there's a lot fewer DO schools compared to MD schools, and some of the more prominent ones have demon spawn admins (like LECOM).

Ours are mandatory and we have class 5 days a week but they're usually half days. 2 of those days are usually anatomy lab one is omm and one is a quiz or an exam so it makes it pointless to skip if you have to be there anyway

No. I have supplexed all my M1 and M2 exams, and also supplexed all my shelf exams (90%+) with one more to go. But if I had to take OMM, I would probably get supplexed. LOL.
The theory behind it isn't too bad to memorize it's the actually doing it part that's hard to get right.

They think it's the way to keep board exam pass rates high. Truth is that it leads to severe burn out by the time dedicated comes around, and inability to perform at a high level in clinicals after.

They think it's the way to keep board exam pass rates high. Truth is that it leads to severe burn out by the time dedicated comes around, and inability to perform at a high level in clinicals after.
I feel that. My school has too many mandatory events in my opinion and I feel burnt out even though it’s only like 3x per week for 4 hours or so each. Can’t imagine being forced to be there 9-5

I feel that. My school has too many mandatory events in my opinion and I feel burnt out even though it’s only like 3x per week for 4 hours or so each. Can’t imagine being forced to be there 9-5
Even half days it's hard to study afterwards. My school only has a few lectures a week so they often cram multiple lectures worth of information into one so if you're not intensely paying attention you will fall behind. It wears you out for the rest of the day.

Even half days it's hard to study afterwards. My school only has a few lectures a week so they often cram multiple lectures worth of information into one so if you're not intensely paying attention you will fall behind. It wears you out for the rest of the day.
Do they record the lectures? Maybe not going and then spacing them out over the course of the afternoon would help

Do they record the lectures? Maybe not going and then spacing them out over the course of the afternoon would help
Mandatory attendance though so you have to go. They do record them though. They don't cover all of the stuff you're responsible for learning though

Just sit in the back with headphones on and do your work. Then watch lectures later.

yeah, im a fellow and I'm still getting double suplexed. keep grinding.
Board cert exam made me feel like I had a concussion and the entire last 8 years of my life was wasted. Maybe I passed and I'm being hard on myself like I was for every single prior exam though lol