-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone else get an acceptance to UConn this week?
Started by THBJJ
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!
I'm in the same boat. I'm leaning towards UCONN because the instate tuition will save me a lot of money, but I don't want to commit without knowing more about the program. I'll be setting up a tour soon. In the end I think any accredited program is going to give you a fairly equivalent education, It's just down to what kind of facilities and staff you will get that through. Even if the facilities at UCONN are not the newest or most advanced, is that really worth an extra 20-30k tuition? I guess I'll have a clearer idea after seeing it first hand.
I'm in the same boat. I'm leaning towards UCONN because the instate tuition will save me a lot of money, but I don't want to commit without knowing more about the program. I'll be setting up a tour soon. In the end I think any accredited program is going to give you a fairly equivalent education, It's just down to what kind of facilities and staff you will get that through. Even if the facilities at UCONN are not the newest or most advanced, is that really worth an extra 20-30k tuition? I guess I'll have a clearer idea after seeing it first hand.
I was told this was the first round of acceptances
Did you hear about the acceptance exclusively through snail mail or did they call/email?
Did you hear about the acceptance exclusively through snail mail or did they call/email?
You will probably hear from them next week since acceptance deposits are due Thursday. The program director said they sent out the first acceptances and complete rejections at the same time. So if you haven't heard, it's a good sign.
I declined my spot so good luck!
You will probably hear from them next week since acceptance deposits are due Thursday. The program director said they sent out the first acceptances and complete rejections at the same time. So if you haven't heard, it's a good sign.
I declined my spot so good luck!
Thanks for the info! I'm crossing my fingers... May I ask why you declined?
Thanks for the info! I'm crossing my fingers... May I ask why you declined?
Sure! Sent you a message
I guess the admissions committee met again today and Katrease called to let me know I've been accepted! I'm a little concerned about the price of tuition, but we'll see...
I would be paying New England Regional, but supposedly the annual costs don't include summer semesters :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess the admissions committee met again today and Katrease called to let me know I've been accepted! I'm a little concerned about the price of tuition, but we'll see...
And congrats! 🙂
Thanks! I plan on contacting the department head as soon as I get the official acceptance. I tried emailing the Bursar's Office but they were no help.
Lol, they werent very helpful to me either.
But his contact info is under the "contact us" part of their pt page (only person listed there), so you don't have to wait 🙂
I'm not trying to scare anybody away, because even with the additional summer tuition it's still good in comparison to other schools. And it's an excellent program from what I can tell. Was just trying to share some valuable info. Good luck in deciding! 🙂
But his contact info is under the "contact us" part of their pt page (only person listed there), so you don't have to wait 🙂
I'm not trying to scare anybody away, because even with the additional summer tuition it's still good in comparison to other schools. And it's an excellent program from what I can tell. Was just trying to share some valuable info. Good luck in deciding! 🙂
Has anyone confirmed that with a staff member? I've only heard that through this site
Yes, confirmed with Katrease. As CH2014 said, it's based on the number of credits per summer semester.
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 587
E
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 8K