1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

anyone else having post-acceptance second thoughts??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CUKaraSue, May 7, 2007.

1. CUKaraSue

CUKaraSue New Member

Pre-Medical
    Okay, I know I'm going to get killed for this, but I'm really having some second thoughts. My parents say I have cold feet! Anyone else out there going through this? How are you sorting through your thoughts??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Surf Rx

7+ Year Member

Die!!!! Haha, j/k. Not really though. OK maybe a little bit.

4. PlayMeSomeMusic

PlayMeSomeMusic Always waiting...
    Moderator Emeritus 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Just curious. about the school or about the career in general?

5. CUKaraSue

CUKaraSue New Member

Pre-Medical
    i know i want to go to school im just jittery about the daily grind of being an MD...the legal environment, making big mistakes, passing up other (more lucrative probably!) opportunities, insurance/hmo's/socialized medicine issues.....

6. Funky

Funky This space is for sale
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    You may be told to use the search function because people might say that a thread like this may come along every week.

7. emaj1n

emaj1n M1
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Personally, I'm more worried about the daily grind of medical school than "the daily grind of being an MD." Worry about school before you worry about getting sued.:cool:

8. Nyx1622

2+ Year Member

Let's not forget once you have MD after your name, there are plenty of career opportunities open for you that are delightfully distant from the 'daily grind' of being a physician. For instance, the prospect of being the latest mediawhore doctor for CNN.com or some other news corporation is certainly on the backburner for me. Additionally, once you have MD after your name, there are dozens of companies that would be delighted to produce your new line of herbal supplements, creams, and ointments. Let's also not over look your "The Power of Weeds: Miracle Cures in Your Very Own Lawn" book due out next month ($24.95 hardcover).

9. sendwich

sendwich you rock!
    10+ Year Member

i think "cold feet" (or" wow, i'm actually going to medschool") for me might be more of a reality come June/July. but I feel ya OP.

10. PepperMD

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Today on the way to a final I had to walk through the Medical Education and Research building which houses the med school community spaces, practice suites, etc for the Med School I'll be attending next fall and it was thoroughly intimidating. However, I think in time I'll adapt to the idea that I'm supposed to be there as opposed to being that pre-med that always wanted to be there.

11. notdeadyet

notdeadyet Still in California
    Moderator 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I think you're more than entitled to a bit of "omg what am I getting in to?!?". Sometimes you work so hard towards something that when you finally achieve it, you find it hard to remember why exactly you were pursuing it in the first place.

As the start date gets closer, excitement will over-ride the nervousness and you'll be golden.