anyone else having post-acceptance second thoughts??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CUKaraSue

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I know I'm going to get killed for this, but I'm really having some second thoughts. My parents say I have cold feet! Anyone else out there going through this? How are you sorting through your thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i know i want to go to school im just jittery about the daily grind of being an MD...the legal environment, making big mistakes, passing up other (more lucrative probably!) opportunities, insurance/hmo's/socialized medicine issues.....

You may be told to use the search function because people might say that a thread like this may come along every week.

i know i want to go to school im just jittery about the daily grind of being an MD...the legal environment, making big mistakes, passing up other (more lucrative probably!) opportunities, insurance/hmo's/socialized medicine issues.....

Personally, I'm more worried about the daily grind of medical school than "the daily grind of being an MD." Worry about school before you worry about getting sued.:cool:

Let's not forget once you have MD after your name, there are plenty of career opportunities open for you that are delightfully distant from the 'daily grind' of being a physician. For instance, the prospect of being the latest mediawhore doctor for CNN.com or some other news corporation is certainly on the backburner for me. Additionally, once you have MD after your name, there are dozens of companies that would be delighted to produce your new line of herbal supplements, creams, and ointments. Let's also not over look your "The Power of Weeds: Miracle Cures in Your Very Own Lawn" book due out next month ($24.95 hardcover).

i think "cold feet" (or" wow, i'm actually going to medschool") for me might be more of a reality come June/July. but I feel ya OP.

Today on the way to a final I had to walk through the Medical Education and Research building which houses the med school community spaces, practice suites, etc for the Med School I'll be attending next fall and it was thoroughly intimidating. However, I think in time I'll adapt to the idea that I'm supposed to be there as opposed to being that pre-med that always wanted to be there.

I think you're more than entitled to a bit of "omg what am I getting in to?!?". Sometimes you work so hard towards something that when you finally achieve it, you find it hard to remember why exactly you were pursuing it in the first place.

As the start date gets closer, excitement will over-ride the nervousness and you'll be golden.