Anyone else having problems with the e-mcat site?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John Buster

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Getting 'webpage is not available' on chrome and 'page cannot be displayed' on IE.

Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, doesnt work for me for either Firefox, Chrome, or IE.... site is down...blows

I was actually gonna create a thread, but you beat me to it... ;)

Reactions: 1 user
I was in the middle of a verbal test and feeling the best I've felt on a verbal section.

Dat luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I just posted about this in the Jan 23rd thread. They had a note at the top when you log in saying how they were switching something about the website at 7pm today (totally not a computer person so I tuned the technical part out) and we were to go to a different site if we had trouble logging in today after 7pm. They gave a website (something like emcat.practicetest.com) and said to write it down so we would have it when the e-mcat site went down. I wrote it down...on scrap paper that I then threw away.

So, that's why it's down, and there *is* a way to access it and we were given the website, but I don't know the url. I've been looking through the aamc site to no avail. If anyone finds it, can you post it on here? I'll keep working on it and if I figure it out I'll certainly let everyone know!

The AAMC website said it would be down starting from around 7 PM EST. You can use emcat.practicetesting.com if you need to access practice tests.

Thanks for the url! I knew it was something like that!

But...that site isn't working for me either. Is it working for anyone else?

The AAMC website said it would be down starting from around 7 PM EST. You can use emcat.practicetesting.com if you need to access practice tests.

that url doesnt work for me either, just re-routes me back to emcat.com and fails to load.

Thanks for the response. The website isn't working for me either. Would you happen to know how long the shutdown is supposed to last?

I feel like this is the AAMCs way of saying 'go party kids, it's NYE'

Reactions: 2 users
I remember the blurb saying something about how the alternative url was some sort of back door to the actual website (again, don't know the technical details so forgive me on that). Seems like the whole thing isn't working?

Too bad. I really wanted to finish the last few physics SA problems!

I am having the same exact problem! I was in the middle of the BS section. I guess I will just go review my notes......

Thanks for the response. The website isn't working for me either. Would you happen to know how long the shutdown is supposed to last?

I feel like this is the AAMCs way of saying 'go party kids, it's NYE'

screw that, I stopped drinking and havent "partied/clubbed/ went to the bars" in about 5 months becuase of this god damn test...I just want to take the thing already and be done, so i can start living again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well back to the non-electronic practice tests for today!!! AAMC is telling us to go have fun, however a 40 would be fun!

Just when I decide to take a FL, I forget about this haha.
The site isn't working for me currently :/

In their blurb they kept referring to "some users may experience..." which suggests that the experience isn't universal. I'm glad it's working for you! It's a good sign, and maybe the rest of us will be able to access it soon!

it's down

I did the gen chem SA today (pleasantly scored a 77% woo) and it worked the whole time flawlessly like beyonce
but i'll keep checking. i need to do the bio SA today

...Just kidding. I couldn't login and when I refreshed the page, it went back to the DNS :(
(chrome)

My router's been acting up the past two days, providing me with Internet for one hour and no internet the next hour. Wasted so much time the past two days trying to fix the thing and finally got it working. Now this e-mcat site is down? The Internet doesn't want me to study for the MCAT...

To all those who are able to login:

Which site are you using? I tried e-mcat.com on chrome, safari, and firefox and still cannot load the page. I tried the other site as well...however, still no luck.

So...I got all the way to the BS section and it just stopped working for me again.
AAMC WHY

Still not working for me even after trying chrome, safari, and firefox, and deleting my history. Maybe it is a Colorado thing.

Still not working for me even after trying chrome, safari, and firefox, and deleting my history. Maybe it is a Colorado thing.
maybe aamc is just being a bully

ugh whatever I'm going to go eat pancakes.

I was able to purchase AAMC 9. Ate some breakfast. And now the site is back down. WTF.

I'm still having problems with both websites. I've tried IE and Chrome. This was my last day for a full study session before my exam on the 10th. :nailbiting: I'm in Alberta, Canada.

I got it to work by using my Personal Hotspot off my iPhone rather than normal WiFi, and using Firefox. Gonna get murdered by my parents for this phone bill but hey, I really need to do a practice test today...

Last edited: