Anyone else having trouble accessing their AMCAS application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applicant2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my application a couple weeks ago. Now when I go to the page and type in my user-name and password I get an error message. I haven't changed my user-name or password. I've tried different computers and browsers and none worked, so that doesn't appear to be the problem. I called and they don't know what the problem is, they are supposed to check and let me know. That was earlier this week. It is really frustrating b/c I can't print my application or see if my status has been changed from active to being verified. Anyone else having this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same problem for about one week. Then one day I could log on again and my app was processed. A few days later I got an email from amcas (I had emailed them about the problem) suggesting it was a browser problem. Go figure.

Thanks Dr. Octopus. That is reassuring. I hope they process mine that quickly!

Members don't see this ad :)
I turned mine in June 11, and it is still in line to be verified. What I'm a little worried about is that they said they received my transcripts, but I didn't turn one in for a spring 2002 course, and next to that school it says nothing but it says received from my 2 other schools. my foreign school is not even listed on that page. hopefully they're not going to tell me to send in the transcript that's not there. i hope they get back to me soon about this!

Lola,

Did you list that course as current/future course work or request a transcript exemption? I had three schools listed, one is a school I'm taking courses at this summer. I requested a transcript exemption for it. AMCAS listed received next to my two other schools and that one was left blank. I thought they would contact me to let me know if my exemption was granted (like the instructions say), but they did not. I called and asked and they said if it wasn't listed in the e-mail I received when the transcripts came in for my other schools, then it is not required even though it is listed on the web page. My app. is also in line to be verified (I guess it still is, since I can't get to it to see!). Anyway they told me for the courses I'm taking now I'll just send the school I'm applying to a transcript when I finish. I guess you could always send your other transcript to the schools you are applying to if AMCAS doesn't verify it themselves?

applicant2003, when you said something about current/future classes did you mean that if we listed "current/future" for our spr02 classes we have to re-submit another transcript when we get those grades? 'cuz AMCAS still says "received" next to the school name.

Snowball,

AMCAS told me that current/future coursework transcripts would go to the individual medical schools, not to them. That way they can get your application processed faster without having to wait for transcripts for courses you have not finished. In my case I am currently taking courses at a different school from where I received my degree. They will be the only courses I took at this school, so I requested a transcript exemption for the school. Because the courses are med school pre-reqs, I will have to send the school I'm applying to a transcript to prove they have been completed. But I don't send AMCAS a transcript b/c by then I will already have been processed. This could be different for people who did not request a transcript exemption. However I don't think you would have to re-submit a transcript for current/future coursework because I am sure there are people that listed courses they will be taking next year, and obviously AMCAS will not wait until next spring to process them. You should probably check to be sure though. Hope that helps!

I still can't get to my application, still no word from AMCAS on what the problem is. Anyone else having this problem?

applicant2003,
no, i'm not having that problem. i submitted june 11, but there is still no indication they're working on my application. my page has said the same thing since june 11.
thanks for the input about the transcript exception. mine is for 1 course at a community college post-graduation from college and not a prereq for med school. the problem is is that it is technically no longer current. the grades came out around the time i was submitted amcas, and i didn't want to hold up the process until the transcript was received (mid-july). anyway, another weird thing is that i requested a transcript exception from another school (junior year abroad), but there is no mention of it on my amcas page. weird! this whole online app is a bit painful. i miss the old days!

The problem occured for me (and everyone I've talked to) during the 1 or 2 days they were verifying and processing the application.

CaNEM- Thanks, hopefully they are verifying it then. Did your error message say "invalid username/password combination". That is the message I keep getting even though my username and password hasn't changed.

Lola- Yes, this online app has been a pain! My transcript exemption wasn't listed on my page either. Last I was able to check though, my status was active even though no transcript was received from the school for which I requested an exemption, so apparently they grant exemptions without notifying you.

i submitted on the 10th and had problems accessing my application for about a week. but i persisted, emailed AMCAS, and a little later was able to access it again. it said that my app had been processed on the 13th. AMCAS did email a reply, saying that they were aware of the situation but did not make any suggestions as to what the problem was. i am assuming it just means that they are fiddling with your app, but that's just a guess.