anyone else here deciding between med/pharm/dental/etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koercive

Industry HE&OR, Large Cap Pharma
Partner Organization
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else here deciding between med/pharm/dental/etc.?

i'm a 3rd year.. i still haven't decided for sure. i'm leaning towards pharmD / MBA programs. I've done research in neuropharmacology, and I realized I'd rather stick to the business side of medicine rather than actual research. I was also considering a MD/MBA path also.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone else here deciding between med/pharm/dental/etc.?

i'm a 3rd year.. i still haven't decided for sure. i'm leaning towards pharmD / MBA programs. I've done research in neuropharmacology, and I realized I'd rather stick to the business side of medicine rather than actual research. I was also considering a MD/MBA path also.

PharmD / MBA sounds like a great opportunity for someone with the right science and leadership skills. There would be many ways to have a successful career with this. MD/MBA makes less sense if you are more interested in the business end.

I know how you feel, i kinda fall in the same catagory. I want to devote myself to helping people in the health care department, but I still haven't decided 100% yet. I'm in the middle of either dentistry and Medicine.

I was once deciding between dentistry and medicine. I spent one year volunteering in a dental clinic where I often did dental assisting. It was interesting and I enjoyed the experience, but I eventually realized that I would get bored and grossed out by looking at the oral cavity all day. I also decided that I couldn't decide to commit myself to dental surgery as a career. I knew I had always been interested in the biomedical sciences and my interest in whole person care steered me to medicine again. Then I volunteered in a hospital and found that I loved it. So the moral of the story is: if you don't know, get your hands dirty. Then you will have a better idea.