anyone else in AMCAS/school limbo?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Fixed Gear, Jan 22, 2002.

  1. Fixed Gear

    Fixed Gear Highly Acetylated Locus

    Sep 16, 2001
    Likes Received:
    I am wondering if anyone else is in the same boat I am: My application has been verified, but none of the schools I applied to have it.....This has been the most stressful process of my life, even harder becuase I have done what everyone else here seems to do: Pester AMCAS.

    wrote two "generic" emails (no specific recepient) to AMCAS asking what's up, could you check my app, etc.

    wrote Nancy Tillinghast an email AND called her, the same day (got her machine) asking her to PERSONALLY find and ap and verifiy it.

    App verified on 10/30, hasn't moved since.
    I call schools, they say they are waiting for AMCAS to submit the app. I email Nancy, she tells me AMCAS waits for schools to request applications.

    Either way, I am going insane.

    Errrrrrrrrrrrrr! :mad:

    If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it. Or, if you know a good lawyer in the Boston area.
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. serpiente

    serpiente Senior Member

    Jun 28, 2001
    Likes Received:
    Medical Student
    The generic emails won't do a damn thing. I'd keep up the Nancy route, and tell her you're getting a lawyer (even if you don't have one). Keep calling, like every day. Also you could call AMCAS general # and demand to speak to a supervisor of any sort. The volume of calls must be a lot lighter now, at least. And call UMass. Tell them they need to request your verified AMCAS, if they really have to do that. Maybe if they get involved too it would help. If all else fails, get a lawyer. That is really weird that you're having these problems. Let us know if things turn around for you.
  4. SMW

    SMW Grand Member

    Jul 12, 2001
    Likes Received:
    Serpiente is right, only the threat of legal action will get AMCAS moving. I would notify Nancy that if the schools don't have your app by such and such a date, she will be hearing from your lawyer who will be filing suit. Actually the delay is so egregious in your case, that I would say that my attorney, whom she will be hearing from VERY shortly, is filing a suit and will only withdraw it when my schools have my app. I would call, fax and e-mail with that exact message. To be even more credible, mention the lawyer's name that you will actually use if forced to file suit. The best possible option is to get the lawyer to phone, fax and e-mail her that message. That worked like a charm for me. I don't know how you've been able to stand waiting this long.

Share This Page