1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Anyone else in this MCAT predicament?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by patekpremed, Jun 18, 2008.

1. patekpremed

Pre-Medical
    I have taken multiple practice tests and have done very well on the biological science and the physical science sections. However, I cannot manage to do well (over a 9) on the VR. I find it very difficult to read and analyze on the comp. I know everyone has to go through this, but what discrepancy b/n the VR and BS/PS sections will hurt me?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HoboCommander

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    just get your 15s on the sciences and you'll be OK.

4. ejay286

ejay286 Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm in the exact opposite ordeal. I can easily score in the teens on the verbal but I'm in the 8-10 range in the BS and PS. I'm just hoping I can kill the VR on the real thing (13-15) and just do okay on the other two and hope for a 30+.

5. Depakote

Depakote Pediatric Anesthesiologist
    Rocket Scientist Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This is probably better suited for discussion in the MCAT discussions forum.

Moving.

Side note: I got in with a 11PS, 9VR, 12BS

I did have some trouble getting in, but it wasn't because of my MCAT.

6. patekpremed

Pre-Medical

"With out powers combined...." Haha jk. I have just practiced and practiced and practiced but I just cannot do the VR. I've always had trouble in that area. Oh well. It'll be over with soon.

7. mtrks

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Practice some more. At first I was only getting 8s and 9s on my VR, 10 practice tests later I got a 12 on the real deal.