USMLE Anyone else just gonna do UWorld during dedicated (P/F)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IR3A4

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dedicated for me is 40 days. Anyone else not see too much of a point in rewatching and/or reading Sketchy/Pathoma or what have you and are just gonna focus on doing and reviewing UWorld questions (and obviously supplementing if necessary if there are gaps)

Personally thinking of just doing ~80-100 UWorld questions a day + keep up with the Sketchy/Pathoma Anki cards from Anking.

Members don't see this ad.

This is basically my plan except my exam is May and I’m not taking a dedicated. I’d rather have another few weeks of my last summer. Starting my “boards studying” by doing uwsa1 tomorrow and doing maybe 30 uworld Q’s a day avg until my test along with my regular school stuff. Will be reading all answer explanations and supplementing first aid but probably not even that much. I wouldn’t be surprised if I only crack that open on long breaks or the night before my exam at the hotel lol. Every few weekends I’ll do another NBME self assessment and so long as Im consistently passing I will not push back my test date. Also never watched sketchy, didn’t do pathoma either and don’t plan to.

Reactions: 1 user
I had 70 days of dedicated (it is normally shorter, but my school let us delay to take p/f step). I basically did this but also topic reviews for 2-3 days at a time and focused uworld questions on those topics. It took about 4 weeks of studying with that strategy to pass an nbme. Keep in mind I did not study for step during m1/2, so my baseline nbme was pretty low.

I spend almost my entire day just doing uworld questions, I think it's the most high yield. In the 2 hours I am not doing uworld I review anki cards that I made for my uworld wrongs or I spend 30-60 watching pathoma on 2x.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dedicated for me is 40 days. Anyone else not see too much of a point in rewatching and/or reading Sketchy/Pathoma or what have you and are just gonna focus on doing and reviewing UWorld questions (and obviously supplementing if necessary if there are gaps)

Personally thinking of just doing ~80-100 UWorld questions a day + keep up with the Sketchy/Pathoma Anki cards from Anking.

With a P/F Step 1, I imagine this is adequate.

With a P/F Step 1, I imagine this is adequate.
Can confirm, this was far more than adequate haha. Took a FL NBME about a week in, 99% chance of passing, so just continued with only UWorld. Obviously this was my case, if someone had huge content gaps fill them in but I think our preclinical curriculum did a great job of covering everything and cementing it in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users