Anyone Else looking for things to boost your application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boydn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are people like me franticly trying to boost their med school application? Ive attended workshops but I was worried that I havent had enough "hands on experience" through work experience.

Ive signed up to do a 5 week pre medical placement in Tansania in June through www.gapmedics.com which looks amazing but anyone else got any ideas on boosting an application?

Thanks

Neil

Members don't see this ad.

The advertising is strong in this one

yoda_biography_3.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Yoda? I dont get it! But I would look at all the placements to back up your tanzania work and you wont go far wrong!

I think they are extremely competitive however but hey what areas of medicine aren't!

Thanks kim, i found the site www.do-it.org.uk - which deals with local uk voluteering, anyone have any experience of it?

Sorry if it appeard i was advertising my Gapmedics placement! just excited!

Just in case anyone was interested I applied through this charity website:

www.do-it.org.uk

and it has proved a great success in finding me a mental health volunteer placement. i hope it may help others too!

us%20flag.gif

Sorry broseph...

anyone ever attended a skills workshop on interview techniques and ucas form writing?