Anyone else still not done with secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Liquidshock

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am so PATHETIC. I submitted my AMCAS in July, but I am still not done with secondaries. :( :( :( and I am working on my secondaries on this FRIDAY night. sob.

I am just so horrible at writing that it takes me few days to write a short essay.... argggghhhh when will this end...

Members don't see this ad.

I am so PATHETIC. I submitted my AMCAS in July, but I am still not done with secondaries. :( :( :( and I am working on my secondaries on this FRIDAY night. sob.

I am just so horrible at writing that it takes me few days to write a short essay.... argggghhhh when will this end...

same here. i've been pushing them back for a while, with the excuse (or not?) of waiting for august mcat results to come out. i mean, what would be the point of pouring $$$ down the drain if i end up bombing that thing right?

Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat. My primary was verified the first week of July, yet, here I am, still sitting on a stack of secondaries.

I've managed to complete about 4 of them, pain-stakingly, mind you. I'm like you, it takes me awhile for each essay (and, oh, how so not fun writing can be sometimes). Mainly because I want it all to be perfect and all that. Yet, I don't see how the most perfect essay will help, if I never actually get them in before I get gray hair. :oops: :laugh:

I think my main problem is that since taking the MCAT, I've been in a kind of a slump. It's hard to find the motivation, and I have to kick start myself frequently. Maybe I'm a little burned out from my last 35 credit run (no breaks in between to speak of) and the whole process itself. But, mostly, I think it's this crazy limbo I'm in as I wait for my MCAT score. I honestly feel afraid about how I performed. I'm hesitant about applying to more schools until I know how I actually did, so I can make a clear decision to either go full force into the rest of the secondaries, or think about Caribbean schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're still early in the process, but I'd pump them out soon if you want to take any advantage from rolling admissions. Especially the ones that have little/no effort. Good luck. What a sad way to spend the weekend though.

Not done, just got the last screener.

Sigh...I knew I wasn't the only one spending the weekend on this. I find some of the 2ndary questions rather annoying & that isn't helping me meet my monday deadline. Argh...its much more pleasant to spend my time watching cartoon network :D

Yeah the weekend is my time to relax, but that won't be happening with my deadline of tuesday to finish 7 secondaries. I hope this is possible:) I hate that I got cable...the food network is always tempting to watch!

I'm still sitting on my DukeMed secondary. Planning on wrapping it up today.

I have six to go (all out of state schools). I've run out of money, maybe I just won't complete them. I seem to be doing fine in my in-state interviews...oh yes, and did I mention I ran out of money?

I'm right there with you all. With a move across country (Maine to Minnesota) at the end of the summer, starting a new job, and also moving into a new apartment this weekend, it has been really hard to find time for applications.

I was verified at the end of August and have only finished three secondaries so far. I'm hoping to do the majority of the rest this weekend. Like many of you, though, I'm a sloooow writer, so I've been challenging myself to just get something down and let it be enough.

Good luck to everyone this weekend! :)

Same here. I have finished the non-essay secondaries but the ones with essays (and a lot of essays at that), I've been pushing those back. And I just got the Rush secondary...holy cow that's a lot of essays.

I still have to finish Georgetown and George Washington. I haven't even received the secondaries for WVU or Hopkins yet.

Me too. I've finished all the ones without essays, and most of the typical essays (What have you been doing since graduation? etc.), but I've been procrastinating on some oddballs and a bunch of "Why do you want to go to our school?" questions. The "Why our school?" essays aren't hard, they're just irritating because the gist is the same for every school but I have to work at keeping them from sounding completely generic.

This weekend I'm trying a reverse psychology thing where I don't have a specific goal of finishing any, hoping I will in fact finish some but feel less stressed about them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't make that mistake BaylorMed

yup, got about 5 done. But then again I've only been verified for a little over a week. Still...there are like 20 more to go. Ahh!

:confused: Yeah, I submitted mine early July and I'm still here working on secondaries. Horrible. But writing essays is the bane of my existence. Funny thing is that I want to apply to couple of schools right now (which will give me even more essays to write) but I dunno if I have the moolah.

Ugh, I'm glad I'm not the only one still working. I have five left to do, one of which is UF (stupid stupid stupid for putting it off) and the rest of which have about 3 essays each. I set myself a goal of the end of the month. That may sound far off but I've found if my goals are realistic, I don't even try.

Anyway, good luck everyone know. Know that there are plenty of us searching for just the right set of words this weekend. (Or at least plenty of us putting it off by sitting in SDN)

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=6626

I was sending them in at about 5 per day until now, I filtered the ones like duke with multiple essays to the end. I did the first 4 now I dont want to do anymore.

and I"m thinking of adding more schools but I don't know how that works, has anyone ever done that?

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=6626

I was sending them in at about 5 per day until now, I filtered the ones like duke with multiple essays to the end. I did the first 4 now I dont want to do anymore.

and I"m thinking of adding more schools but I don't know how that works, has anyone ever done that?

For the AMCAS? It's pretty simple. You just login and add the new schools you want, recertify your application, pay the additional money, and resend it. They'll send you an email immediately saying that you are "re-verified" and have sent the primary over to the new schools (or something to like that).

Dude, SDN is funny. I know people who haven't even submitted their primaries yet. As for me, I'm still waiting on my August MCAT scores, so not a single secondary has been submitted yet (though I'm about halfway done with the ones I've got).

So take a deep breath guys, there's still time.

Dude, SDN is funny. I know people who haven't even submitted their primaries yet. As for me, I'm still waiting on my August MCAT scores, so not a single secondary has been submitted yet (though I'm about halfway done with the ones I've got).

So take a deep breath guys, there's still time.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I let myself get all freaked out sometimes, just by what I read here. :oops: :laugh:

For the AMCAS? It's pretty simple. You just login and add the new schools you want, recertify your application, pay the additional money, and resend it. They'll send you an email immediately saying that you are "re-verified" and have sent the primary over to the new schools (or something to like that).

Next is the issue with having recommendation letters sent, does anyone know if VirtualEvals allows us to contact them to send the letters to more schools?

25 Secondaries Down...15 More to go.

I may end up having the record for the most secondaries completed.
My god, I just don't get these folks who apply to more than 30 schools. I set my max at 15...

I've done 2 with 5 more to go. I just can't get past that Baylor essay.....:(

I've done 2 with 5 more to go. I just can't get past that Baylor essay.....:(

Yeah, that Baylor Essay is a tricky one. They whole "is there anything you'd like us to know" is such a strange question to answer, becuase you could write anything. I suppose it would be easier if you had some sort of adversity to write about.

I hate Duke.

I also hate duke.

isn't it amazing how after finishing 1,900000,00000000 secondaries you can still get one that asks you a question you haven't answered yet? those are the ones that particularly have me contemplating suicide.

Duke is a pain, I'm still working on it.

Verified: Aug 23rd
Secondaries Submitted: None

I just got all my LORs yesterday so I can finally send 'em out yay.

Ugh, I'm glad I'm not the only one still working. I have five left to do, one of which is UF (stupid stupid stupid for putting it off) and the rest of which have about 3 essays each. I set myself a goal of the end of the month. That may sound far off but I've found if my goals are realistic, I don't even try.

Anyway, good luck everyone know. Know that there are plenty of us searching for just the right set of words this weekend. (Or at least plenty of us putting it off by sitting in SDN)

I just went back and read over this post I wrote this morning when I was really tired and at work and...well....I just want you all to know that despite the fact it was only borderline comprehensible, I'm not actually illiterate.

That is all.

only duke to go... the humbling experience question... ive been sitting on that for over a week.....great school AND definitely worth it though

Does duke accept a committee letter?

What, nobody has added to this since 9-24! :eek:
I am still working on secondaries. :scared:

I hate writing :(

I'm not done

I am still working one mine. And I added more schools so I will be working on those after I finish those in my hands. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Four left, including Duke. Did anyone else notice the two week turnaround for Duke? I only saw it on one page of DukeMed. Do you think that really applies? It's going to be a serious paint if so... :(

Yes!!

I was thinking about making this post myself to procrastinate from applications. I still have a few secondaries to do and they aren't even hard questions. I am suffering a mental block due to the drain of all those essays. I'm contemplating withdrawing my Pritzker application just so I can deal with one less school. Hopefully I'll finish soon.

I must be sick - I enjoyed my secondaries - usually got them out in 2-5 days. I actually wish I still had them to do - at least back then I was hearing from schools daily. Silence sucks.

I finished the beast known as Duke one hour ago. I am so relieved to be done with stage 2. :oops:

I finished the beast known as Duke one hour ago. I am so relieved to be done with stage 2. :oops:

Congrats with finishing it. By what I am reading about the secondary on SDN, I'm pretty darn glad that I never had an interest in Duke. Best of luck on getting an interview.

I'm still working on a few. Now up to 38 completed, with 3, maybe 4 more, before I run out of steam.

wow, and i thought my 23 was bad. oh how do you do it junebug? ahah

wow, and i thought my 23 was bad. oh how do you do it junebug? ahah

I don't sleep much. I eat intermittently. I like to poop at least twice a day, but sometimes I can't afford more than one break....those days are bad. I juggle a full load of grad school classes too, so that adds to the degree of difficulty.

Of course, if I'd just finished my PS and submitted my AMCAS application in June, instead of August 18th, I wouldnt have this problem, since most of my secondaries would have been in two months ago, and I'd probably have an interview by now (I like to think) and I would be pooping more regularly.

Regular poops are the cat's meow....even better than an email from Emory saying 'It is our pleasure to extend an acceptance...'

Just wanted to add my voice on the 2ndary issue. I've still got a few to go, maybe half of them. Stay hard, McNinja...Only 37 left....