Anyone else taking the August MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maharishi
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many hours a day are you studying for the MCAT?

I am finding Princeton Review to be a great refresher course! I am devoting as much time to it as I would a 5 credit course and I am reading a book a week for the verbal.

Members don't see this ad.

I study 6 hours a day (6 days a week) with a 1 hour break between the 3rd and 4th hour. During that hour i eat and play hoops.

Good luck! :D

Willis,
What type of books are you reading for verbal?
Oh, I am taking Kaplan & pretty much doing what it says on their syllabus....I've pretty much just been reviewing sciences lately though....and my study time really fluctuates....some days its like 8 hrs....some days 0.

Um... I would suggest reading magazine articles instead of books. There is no comparison between novels and MCAT verbal passages. The two are seriously as different as night and day. I strongly suggest that you read magazine articles instead... ones from magazines like the Economist, Atlanic Monthly, etc...

Of course, reading practice verbal passages is even better.

Regardless... I have to say, I admire the ambition :)

femtochemistry, are you really studying that much?? i wish i could study more! it's so hard when you are working full time. luckily my boss is going to let me start working 3 days/week now. right now i'm just studying sciences. by mid/end june i am going to start doing more passages and verbal. i definitely need the science review, beause i've been out of school for several years.