1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Anyone else taking the August MCAT?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by 161, Jun 2, 2002.

1. 161

161 Maharishi
    7+ Year Member

How many hours a day are you studying for the MCAT?

I am finding Princeton Review to be a great refresher course! I am devoting as much time to it as I would a 5 credit course and I am reading a book a week for the verbal.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Femtochemistry

Femtochemistry Skunk Works
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I study 6 hours a day (6 days a week) with a 1 hour break between the 3rd and 4th hour. During that hour i eat and play hoops.

Good luck! :D

4. lady bug

7+ Year Member

Willis,
    What type of books are you reading for verbal?
    Oh, I am taking Kaplan & pretty much doing what it says on their syllabus....I've pretty much just been reviewing sciences lately though....and my study time really fluctuates....some days its like 8 hrs....some days 0.

5. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

Um... I would suggest reading magazine articles instead of books. There is no comparison between novels and MCAT verbal passages. The two are seriously as different as night and day. I strongly suggest that you read magazine articles instead... ones from magazines like the Economist, Atlanic Monthly, etc...

Of course, reading practice verbal passages is even better.

Regardless... I have to say, I admire the ambition :)

6. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

femtochemistry, are you really studying that much?? i wish i could study more! it's so hard when you are working full time. luckily my boss is going to let me start working 3 days/week now. right now i'm just studying sciences. by mid/end june i am going to start doing more passages and verbal. i definitely need the science review, beause i've been out of school for several years.