Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Anyone else taking the August MCAT?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by 161, Jun 2, 2002.

1. 161

161 Maharishi 7+ Year Member

Apr 26, 2002
    New York
    How many hours a day are you studying for the MCAT?

I am finding Princeton Review to be a great refresher course! I am devoting as much time to it as I would a 5 credit course and I am reading a book a week for the verbal.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Femtochemistry

Femtochemistry Skunk Works 10+ Year Member

May 13, 2002
    I study 6 hours a day (6 days a week) with a 1 hour break between the 3rd and 4th hour. During that hour i eat and play hoops.

Good luck! :D

4. lady bug

lady bug 7+ Year Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Willis,
    What type of books are you reading for verbal?
    Oh, I am taking Kaplan & pretty much doing what it says on their syllabus....I've pretty much just been reviewing sciences lately though....and my study time really fluctuates....some days its like 8 hrs....some days 0.

5. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member 7+ Year Member

Apr 28, 2002
    Um... I would suggest reading magazine articles instead of books. There is no comparison between novels and MCAT verbal passages. The two are seriously as different as night and day. I strongly suggest that you read magazine articles instead... ones from magazines like the Economist, Atlanic Monthly, etc...

Of course, reading practice verbal passages is even better.

Regardless... I have to say, I admire the ambition :)

6. lola

lola Bovine Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2002
    california
    femtochemistry, are you really studying that much?? i wish i could study more! it's so hard when you are working full time. luckily my boss is going to let me start working 3 days/week now. right now i'm just studying sciences. by mid/end june i am going to start doing more passages and verbal. i definitely need the science review, beause i've been out of school for several years.