anyone else think this? about getting in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Wall$treet

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, i swear this happens all the time. During the day and talking to people about getting in etc. since we all have it on our minds i usually am confident that ill get in wtih my stats.. nothing special but in the range. Then i log on here, read posts and think i have NO chance!!!! then i think i dont want to go through applying again etc etc.. ah i htae that feeling anyway thats it

Members don't see this ad.

What posts are you reading? When I was applying, SDN always made me feel better and calmer.

I agree with SMW - that SDN makes me feel better generally rather than worse, but it is true if I didn't know all these people were getting interviews that aspect might be easier - it's been said before but the SDN lot seem to be high achievers with multiple ECs high numbers and early applications. I just keep coming back to lower the bar ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
i think he is talking about the high MCAT and GPA stats that are frequently posted. it seems since i have been a member that the SDN crowd is the cream of the crop...;)

Dr. Dub-
i feel the same way. you have to understand though, most of the people on here are nerds who have nothing better to do than worry about getting in... and so, we too adopt that personality and get worried and freak out.

look- just apply, if you don't get in- do something else for a year, and then apply again.
p

yeah, i can't believe some people are actually upset about getting 30's. it seems they are putting it in your face.

There's always going to be someone better than you. You just gotta accept your strengths and weaknesses and move on. If you concentrate on how the other guy is gonna beat you, you won't get anywhere out of anxiety. Trust me, just give it your all, and if you don't get in, try again.

Nothing is guaranteed, even for those with the high numbers.

I've definetly had times where I needed to take an SDN break because of being more discouraged then inspired. This forum has certainly answer a lot of questions that I've had in the past and I'm glad for it, but there's also a bit of neurosis here also. I know the intentions are always good though.

You'll soon forget about applying to medical school, and then you'll look forward to applying for residencies!

If you're working hard towards your goals, then you'll achieve what you set out to do. Have faith in yourself and don't let others put you down.

Ophtho_MudPhud, ur words of wisdom certainly brightened my day!
yup, i know how it feels to look on to sdn, and then go... man, i really should get those 2dary apps in! :)

Originally posted by williestyle81
yeah, i can't believe some people are actually upset about getting 30's. it seems they are putting it in your face.

I know this crazy girl who said she was more or less neutral (not mad, not excited) toward getting "only" a 37. My theory is that she was actually really really pissed, because she can't stand when people do anything better than her (which happens a lot more than you'd think...). She thinks she's better in science than everyone else too, but that's just not true... ;)

Originally posted by Dr. Wall$treet
hey, i swear this happens all the time. During the day and talking to people about getting in etc. since we all have it on our minds i usually am confident that ill get in wtih my stats.. nothing special but in the range. Then i log on here, read posts and think i have NO chance!!!! then i think i dont want to go through applying again etc etc.. ah i htae that feeling anyway thats it

I know exactly how u feel. I'm am all excited about applying and think I have a chance, and then boom I see some of the MCAT scores and my heart just drops! SDN has helped alot in more ways that I can tell, but sometimes it is a little humbling and lets you know that there are some great people who have done great things and got 3.8 and 35 on the MCAT. I don't know. We'll see how is goes...NEver give up and keep your head up, study more

Just remeber, those that post their score are usually very happy with them. The people with average scores aren't going to be willing to flash a 3.3 and 24! Don't forget that average scores can get in too. Sure it is harder, but it is still possible. Never forget there are ~140 MD/DO schools out there. Apply to private schools out of state and be realistic of where you apply! A doctor is a doctor is a doctor, no matter where you go.

Originally posted by Ophtho_MudPhud
You'll soon forget about applying to medical school, and then you'll look forward to applying for residencies!

If you're working hard towards your goals, then you'll achieve what you set out to do. Have faith in yourself and don't let others put you down.

you're always so positive..

it's funny, sometimes i think i'm gonna get accepted everywhere, other times i wonder if i'll get accepted anywhere. SDN doesn't help much in relieving my anxiety. but whatever. my post padding continues!

Yeah, it's weird...I know a few people who are really sad about getting only a 34 :eek: ! I wish I had that high of a score! But SDN has made me feel a lot better about my lowly 28 ;) .