Anyone else voided the scores today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had DK. Couldn't concentrate on P.S., ended up running out of time and just bubbling in about 3 passages. This screwed me up for the rest of the day. Canceled right after BS. I can't believe this happened.

Members don't see this ad.

Apparition said:
I had DK. Couldn't concentrate on P.S., ended up running out of time and just bubbling in about 3 passages. This screwed me up for the rest of the day. Canceled right after BS. I can't believe this happened.

I totally feel you on that one ....... my friend who was sitting right next to me kept me from voiding my score ........I had such a hard time concentrating on BS that I even missed a few easy give aways :(

Don't despair .... not the end of the world ........prepare again and kick some butts in Aug..... (you have no idea how much I am praying right now for good scores......I will keep you in my prayers too)

i try to keep telling myself this but do you all realize that we have just made that much more difficult on ourselves. as if it wasnt hard enough to get into med school already. i did the best that i could and in the end thats all that counts but the result is the same either way. good MCAT scores get you into med school not doing the best you can. my only consolation is that i did everything i could possible do. what a humbling experience. enough of my negativity, congrats to all of you. now we can all resume our normal lives.

Members don't see this ad :)
The practice MCATs are only good for two things, in my opinion:
1. Helping you figure out your weaknesses.
2. Preventing you from freaking out during the exam.

It is also vitally important that people who are studying for the MCAT realize that only the MOST FUNDAMENTAL concepts are going to be hit upon. Don't worry about the big, long organig synthesis and huge physics equations. The MCAT is a test of your ability to apply the fundamental laws.

In my old physics textbook, they had a rating sytem using *'s for difficulty. Most physics on the MCAT that I had was in the * to ** range.

to the OP, I got form Dk too. PS was no doubt hard--it's usually my strength. I finish PS usually with 5 or 10 minutes, today I bubbled the last question second-guessing it at the very last second. I almost voided by the way. I may have to retake in August.

Apparition said:
I had DK. Couldn't concentrate on P.S., ended up running out of time and just bubbling in about 3 passages.

Just out of curiosity, was this because the reading passages were extremely long? Or difficult to comprehend? Or both?

Either way, I'm sorry to hear about the test. :(

Blade28 said:
Just out of curiosity, was this because the reading passages were extremely long? Or difficult to comprehend? Or both?

Either way, I'm sorry to hear about the test. :(

They weren't that long, they were physics passages, but they were hard to understand and I just couldn't concentrate on passages towards the middle. The questions had a lot of calculations, which were time consuming. And there was mostly physics. Verbal passages were okay, had no apparent problems there but I thought that because of PS, I couldn't possibly get a decent overall score.

Thanks everyone for responding and understanding!

almost voided...but decided i wanted to see my score so i can know how much i need to study for round 2 in august...

Apparition said:

don't worry about it buddy...i voided my score also. now..i am looking at the august mcat and applying in june at the same time!!! how bout you? when are you gonna apply?

sdnstud said:
don't worry about it buddy...i voided my score also. now..i am looking at the august mcat and applying in june at the same time!!! how bout you? when are you gonna apply?

Wow. Another voider in this world! I plan to apply in June as well but I'm not very optimistic about it. My GPA isn't that great. It's risky spending so much money on applying without knowing the MCAT score. At the same time, I don't want another year off, I'm already taking one.

At my test center they really put you on the spot if you wanted to void your test. They announced if anyone wanted to void their test after Biology in front of the whole room. I remember all the eyes peering about trying to find the lone person who would stand up in front of everyone and admit failure. I'm sure that deterred a lot of people.

You got to do what you got to do. I admired those people who got up and voided their exams. It's a hard thing to do on many levels.

blz said:
At my test center they really put you on the spot if you wanted to void your test. They announced if anyone wanted to void their test after Biology in front of the whole room. I remember all the eyes peering about trying to find the lone person who would stand up in front of everyone and admit failure. I'm sure that deterred a lot of people.

Apparition said:
Wow. Another voider in this world! I plan to apply in June as well but I'm not very optimistic about it. My GPA isn't that great. It's risky spending so much money on applying without knowing the MCAT score. At the same time, I don't want another year off, I'm already taking one.

actually, there were 5 people who voided their scores at my center.
hey apparition...i'm so glad to find someone who is in the same situation as i am. i talked to a lot of people about applying in june while taking the august mcat. at the end, i think it's worth the try. yea..true...it could cost you a paycheck. but hey...you GAIN a year of your life. if you think your life is worth more than a paycheck...give it a chance!!!!

i've already taken the mcat twice, and this april mcat was my third time...that means the aug mcat will be my fourth time. so my records ain't that great either. but i'm 25 years old...and i don't want to put my life on hold for antoher year. so apparition...we're in this together

blz said:

It's not hard to void, if you don't come back after lunch, consider it voided. Or you could just walk out in the middle, you don't even have to tell anyone.
After bio is just the last chance.