Anyone else waiting >8 weeks to hear from UCSF post-sec?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mistress S

Don't mess with the S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
10 weeks so far since the status check says I was complete and no word. Is this just a slow rejection? I was excited just to get a secondary from them as an out-of-stater with stats slightly below their avg, but I'm starting to lose hope. I sent them an update letter yesterday for what it's worth. Is it appropriate to call now, or is there any point? UCSF is my dream school. :love:

Members don't see this ad.

I've been complete since Sept. 17 . . . nothing. Granted I re-took the MCAT in August, so it's feasible they stuck my app in a "hold" pile until those scores came (though they didn't indicate that they planned on doing that), so since mid-Oct it's been closer to 11-12 weeks. I guess I could send an update letter, but I doubt it would do any good. I have a 23 MCAT score and I'm out of state. Why don't they just reject me and get this over with quickly? I guess they like dragging out the pain . . . :smuggrin:

I also took the Aug MCAT, I didn't receive the secondary invite until after those scores came out so presumably they liked the improvement (from a 29 to a 32, still below their avg MCAT of 33 though I believe). I'm still holding out some hope for an interview, but I have no idea where UCSF is in its interview process right now so I don't know how realistic that is. I'm trying to stay optimistic, if anyone has info about what's going on at UCSF or if this is too late and I should just give up now I'd like to hear it. Also, if people have had any luck calling and if this is advisable or not, that would be good info to have. Thanks!

Oh, I'm way past 10 weeks. I done lost count.