Anyone ever ban a customer from the pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ArtificallyFlavored

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used to see a lot of profile notes saying so-and-so is banned from our pharmacy 😀, but then I see that they've been getting prescriptions here for the last year. Either someone disregarded the note or we were told to stop banning them. If I were a DM, I would ban these people to get our scores up. One complaint and they're banned!! Sound reasonable?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've seen it. Well they were banned from the store for shop lifting hence banned from the pharmacy as well. The spouse picked up the prescriptions for that person. Yes, that person still filled at that pharmacy.
 
When I worked retail, telling someone not to come back was a firing offense. We had a very intimidating man who didn't forge prescriptions, but he claimed he traveled for work and always forgot to pack his Vicodin. Pharmacies in 3 cities that I know of wouldn't transfer his prescriptions. Long story made short: We all agreed that the next time he came in, we would tell him that there was an investigation and we couldn't fill anything for him until it was over.

We never saw him again.

Even a threatening customer didn't matter to management, as long as the money was green.