Anyone ever left CVS for Publix?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ancienbon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who used to work for CVS and now are working for Publix, how do you like it? How big is the pay cut? Does Publix have a lot of metrics?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who used to work for CVS and now are working for Publix, how do you like it? How big is the pay cut? Does Publix have a lot of metrics?
I know someone who did this. Best decision she ever made. At the time CVS was seriously screwing with her pay rate so it's not that big of a cut 5 bucks I think. 3 years with publix she's already passed that and climbing higher.
If you are on the fence and that is an option. I'd take it.
We all have metrics.

Reactions: 1 users
I did. The best decision ever. Publix is amazing. They truly respect you as a pharmacist. I took a $3 paycut but with the bonus and stock options, there was virtually no difference. My biggest regret was not leaving for Publix sooner. The pharmacy department is only a small part of the store. You are just another department like the deli, bakery, produce etc. There are a lot of metrics but easily accomplished without all the stress.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From what I know, Publix isn’t any better. Majority of stores are slow but guess what? You might be working by yourself whole day.

I would say go to them only if you are in intolerable condition at cvs.

Worked for the P for a while. Been in the pharmacy for long enough to see it go from good to bad. It’s honestly getting worse, as any other retail pharmacy is. Many pharmacists that I know have to work by themselves for an entire 12 hour day due to tech hour cuts. Due to the tech hour cuts, the existing techs found other opportunities. Now with flu season, the hours are there, but there aren’t enough techs to work them all. A store that I know that does 60+ flu shots a day has over 90 hours a week for techs and can only find someone to do 25. They won’t hire full time techs anymore. I’m sure these conditions are similar everywhere else too with the decline of retail but just saying the grass isn’t greener on the other side.

Worked for the P for a while. Been in the pharmacy for long enough to see it go from good to bad. It’s honestly getting worse, as any other retail pharmacy is. Many pharmacists that I know have to work by themselves for an entire 12 hour day due to tech hour cuts. Due to the tech hour cuts, the existing techs found other opportunities. Now with flu season, the hours are there, but there aren’t enough techs to work them all. A store that I know that does 60+ flu shots a day has over 90 hours a week for techs and can only find someone to do 25. They won’t hire full time techs anymore. I’m sure these conditions are similar everywhere else too with the decline of retail but just saying the grass isn’t greener on the other side.

the
grass
is
green
where
you
water
it

Yes, I worked for them as assistant manager for 4 years. I watched the Cuts happen and morale drop to all new lows. It is a cut throat, nasty company with poor morals and no ethics. I have seen them lie, cheat, and screw over good pharmacists many times. The management in South Florida is constantly being sued for one thing or another. Take the job if you can get it, but DO NOT invest in their stock. Grab some cash, save it and jump ship when the water level starts rising.

Yeah someone I know quit cvs after a while for Publix. Now he is looking for a way out from Publix. They place too much importance in seniority. So if you have an underperforming tech or a rph who is been with the company for a while, management won’t back you up easily if you want to write them up on performance. I have also been told they make you do off site immunization event without any pay.

Yeah someone I know quit cvs after a while for Publix. Now he is looking for a way out from Publix. They place too much importance in seniority. So if you have an underperforming tech or a rph who is been with the company for a while, management won’t back you up easily if you want to write them up on performance. I have also been told they make you do off site immunization event without any pay.

They used to let people go/fire left and right. Then they came under fire for harassment/discrimination and now they are trying to behave. They used to pick on people by writing them up/performance until they were gone ALL the time. They are facing many lawsuits these days regarding these very topics. So they tread lightly now.

From what I know, Publix isn’t any better. Majority of stores are slow but guess what? You might be working by yourself whole day.

I would say go to them only if you are in intolerable condition at cvs.

Yes the standard at publix is a two man/woman operation. mon, tuesday, fri, sat, sun ----> Wed, Thurs continuous 2 week rotation. with a 3 hour overlap once a week to make sure you are doing your 80 hours. I have never seen a south florida publix with ANY standard daily overlap....and tech help is to the bone.