Anyone experienced in subsidized loans? Advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thriving

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if getting an extra subsidized loan from one of the organizations will affect how much subsidized loan you will qualify for next year?

i.e. I was able to get the max loan amount from the subsidized portion. If I get one of the smaller amount subsidized loans for $2500 from one of the organizations, will it affect getting the $8500 next year?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if getting an extra subsidized loan from one of the organizations will affect how much subsidized loan you will qualify for next year?

i.e. I was able to get the max loan amount from the subsidized portion. If I get one of the smaller amount subsidized loans for $2500 from one of the organizations, will it affect getting the $8500 next year?

So, are you saying you were able to get the max in subsidized loans and now you've found out you can get more subsidized loans for this current school year? If so, what you do this school year shouldn't affect what happens with your loans in the next school year as far as I know. You should definitely check with your financial aid office to make sure though.:thumbup: