Anyone familar with KCOM rotation sites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erbound

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone out there is familiar with the KCOM 3rd and 4th year rotation sites, which ones would be the best for an ER residency? Also, what are the pros and cons to the hospital based vs preceptorship based rotations? :confused:

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank,
:)
erbound

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,

I haven't heard of any sites as being the bomb for ER, but I can give you some pros and cons regarding hospital vs preceptor:

Good things about hospital = don't have to learn new systems every month, can get to know people and procedures well, don't have to drive all over town.

Neg. things about hospital = have to put up with the same people, possible to get a bad reputation, don't have as wide a variety of clinical settings.

Good things about preceptors = new start every rotation, even if you hate the guy it'll be over soon, get to see lots of things.

Bad things about preceptors = stress trying to figure out where the heck the doctor's office is, not enough time to build a strong relationship, and if the doctor becomes unavailable for some reason (which has happened), you have the stress of having to establish a new rotation.

Hope this helps. But really.... it's all about the location. :D

i've heard good things about the rotations in york, pa for emergency med. the ones in new jersey are supposed to be good as well...

john