1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Anyone feel on tilt during the MCAT?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by msavvy, 09.20.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. msavvy

msavvy 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I was scoring well on my AAMC FLs, but when I was taking the real thing, I felt a bit on tilt due to the adrenaline and anxiety. During a practice test, I would say I'd go through the questions and answers really confidently and quickly, while on the MCAT I was fumbling around and more confused than normal. I'd have to read the passage only once during practice tests, but ended up reading passages 2-3 times on the real thing.

Has anyone felt this? Should I be expecting a lower score than my FL averages?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Aerus

Aerus Elemental Alchemist 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hSDN
    hSDN
    Alumni
    That's why it's best to stimulate testing conditions as much as possible. I basically trained myself to feel the same stress and nervousness as I would feel on the real one by pretending whatever score I got on the FL would be my real score.

Sent from The World Tree using SDN Mobile

About the ads