Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

anyone from MCPHS ???

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by LLVD, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Keiki and TotalKayOs? are you guys from that school or the one in boston ?

I am just wondering if you guys could tell me anything about MCPHS -Worcester. do you know anything about the school ?
    I just deposit the money. But not sure if I would go. B/c if I go to school in Worcester, I have to leave my significant other here. So I am l thinking of waiting until next year to apply to my first choice school. That means I will lose 1 and a half-year. And there is no warranty that I will get accepted next year. For that reasons, I need some information about the school to make my decision. Can anyone help? thank you very much.

2. Roxicet

Roxicet warning: I'm addictive!
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    You know that saying, ?a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?? MCPHS is the bird in your hand, and your first choice school and your SO are the two birds in the bush. By letting go of the bird in your hand to try to catch the other two birds, you are risking the possibility of ending up with no birds at all. I would just take what I got and run with it. Worchester is a 3 year program, so you?d be back with your SO soon. Admissions for pharm school seems to get tougher every year?.and (I don?t mean to be cynical here), your SO may just decide to fly away one day, and you?ll be left with nothing but regret. If pharmacy is your dream, then follow it. If your SO can?t wait 3 years or follow you, set him/her free. (Here?s where that other saying comes in???If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. keiki

keiki Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey llvd!

i go to mcp in boston.. i can't tell you much about the worcester program except that it's pronounced WOOster, kinda like rooster.. haha.

ok, but on a more serious note, i think that karma is right. where are you from? i also left my bf 3000 miles away back in the bay area. it was a tough decision, but he supported me all the way because we both knew that this is what i wanted, and that in the long run we'd be better off. he has no intentions of moving out here to boston, either. our relationship has been going rather well, considering we don't get to see each other that often. the key is communicaiton.

i contemplated working harder on my apps to get into a cali school, but i decided that i'd be pretty bummed if i didn't even get into any school at all the following year. i packed up and moved out to boston, not knowing a single soul. you just have to make the best of it.

good luck with your decision! let us know what you decide...

4. thanks guys for your input.
    I am still thinking. try to get as much information about the school as i can.

5. Longhorn23

Longhorn23 Member
    5+ Year Member

Oh god, that is so true. :laugh: I really admire your directness. :thumbup: