Waitlisted for interview at MCPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Antonucci

Reaction score
I was put on a waitlist for an interview at MCPHS. I applied on Jan 11 for PharmD accelerated in Worcester. Does anyone know what that means? Did it happen to someone else that applied there? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Consider that a blessing. You don't want to go into Pharmacy

Reactions: 1 users
I was put on a waitlist for an interview at MCPHS. I applied on Jan 11 for PharmD accelerated in Worcester. Does anyone know what that means? Did it happen to someone else that applied there? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Being waitlisted for an interview is the same process as being waitlisted for an acceptance. Depending how you were ranked on the waitlist will depend if you get an interview. For example, if you're ranked #5 it would mean that if for any reason other applicants decided to turn down their interview (due to perhaps other program acceptances which were their top choice), the program would move on to the next applicant on the list. In this case, you would need 5 applicants to turn down their interview in order for you to be granted yours.

Honestly, it's a bit odd this even exists (especially for pharmacy). Rolling admissions or not, nearly all other programs utilize the pathway of "if you get the interview you get it, if you don't you don't."

Reactions: 1 user