Anyone from VCOM know....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DfrntliUnq

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys:
Any current or newly accepted VCOM folks know about the current status of their class? I read on the Interview feedback about one person who interviewed 1/13, and I believe they implied (maybe even said it directly and I'm just in denial) that they've already offered all of their spots :eek: , and that interviewees now could, at best, get waitlisted. Just wondering if someone knows that this is for sure? ALSO... if so, does anyone know how the waitlisting works, i.e. do they prioritize those on the waitlist by who they want, or is it a first-waitlist, first-offered kind of thing when a spot opens? :confused:

ALSO... just wondering if anyone there can tell me what you honestly think about the school as a family-oriented environment? Getting married soon :love: , and I know they are family-oriented, but just wondering to what extent... what exactly is offered for spouses and kids? And god forbid this happen, but anyone know what they may do for a student if she happens to become pregnant? (Not exactly a question I want to ask admissions since I don't want them to think I'm planning on getting accepted, matriculating, then bailing out to have a kid - Just figure with as many married students as there are at VCOM, maybe someone has experienced this already?) I mean, not planning on it yet... want to be newlyweds for a while first, but just concerned since VCOM is a year-round school (which I actually prefer). I guess I wonder more if they'd allow you to take a break or whatever - not sure how it works.

Members don't see this ad.

Do not worry - I am a 2nd year at VCOM and I speak with the Admissions person almost daily. I assure you that the 2009 class is not full. Unless it has filled up in the past week. Last I heard, half to 2/3 was full. Keep the application and interview process going. Do not believe everything you hear. Good luck.

The group I interviewed with asked how long it would take to fill the class. We were told the class would only be half-filled by January. They couldn't have interviewed that many by now, I think your still safe.

Members don't see this ad :)
VCOM is incredible for those who want to have a family. I'm married now and will hopefully begin in the fall. I went to VT and the entire area is great. I know that VCOM has many activities that involve the whole family like movie night and others. Best of luck to you. Do you know when your interviewing? I am on Feb. 8th.

I'm interviewing on Feb 28 - it was the soonest I could get back home for it (Roanoke is home to me). Very excited. Family is really important to me, and I don't want my husband left out of my life because of medical school, and VCOM really seems to understand that... so I perceive. Hope to see you in the fall!!!