Anyone from Virginia Consortium program/interviewed there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coloradocutter

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview offer here and am trying to decide whether to interview. I need to let them know ASAP and was hoping for some insight from someone who is there/been there/interviewed there. I am worried about the location and the difficulty for my husband to find a job, etc. I have heard and read bad things about the area - higher crime, high cost of living, bad economy/hard to find jobs (even outside of a recession) and it is farther from my family. I have different considerations than most people. I know it makes sense to interview and find out - but if it's just a total no brainer, I'd rather not go to the interview. I had my first child a few days ago, so it's going to be a lot for me to go physically and this will be an expensive trip for me from the west. I have other interviews at PhD programs near that time. With the changes to the program to boot, I am just trying to cut it off, if it's not worth it.

Thanks for any thoughts. Please PM me.

Members don't see this ad.