Anyone get acceptance at Midwestern Glendale or Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chitown23

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...im in a delema..and want to know my chances of getting into a school...i applied to uic..nvcp...minnesota..midwestern AZ..and chicago...and purdue...ive been rejected at uic..and purdue...waiting for a resposne from both midwesterns and got interviewed already at nvcp..and minnesota....i have a 69 composite pcat..but i have a 4.0 out of 4.0 gpa...perfect still...and that includes every class except for organic semester 2...and organic lab..and speech...which i am taking right now..and gettin A's in as well....let me know if u guys think i have a good shot..i mean i work at a hosp..voulnteer at COP at uic..worked at walgreens..volunetter at salvation army..so much so much...but getting denials still...has anyone got accepeted yet at any of those midwesterns yet?..if so how was ur pcat..and grades....let me know i feel like im not good enough just cause one standardized test screwed me over...let me know..thanks:(

Members don't see this ad.

Did you already get an interview at both Midwesterns? When did you send in your application? I read on their website (on the "interact" part.....you have to set up an account to view the posts) today that by the end of this month, all letters of invitation and rejection will be sent out. You're GPA is awesome, and you have a lot of experience. I don't see why any pharmacy school wouldn't want you. I got into MWU in AZ early with a 3.3 science/3.5 overall GPA and 91% PCAT. At the regular deadline, they had ~1200 applications for the remaining ~100 seats. Hope you hear some good news soon!:)

hey there, just wondering have you been called to the campus visit at ccp, yet? And how about an interview at the glendale campus? ..

I don't know what else to say, because I'm pretty much floating in the same boat. Rejections can be so brutal ... I still think you stand a good chance of getting in with the GPA and work experience!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
nope havent gotten anything..from both..they said they will let me know this week or next

I got an interview invite to UIC. I don't know what their criteria is though because I know someone with a 3.8 gpa and 77%PCAT with loads of pharmacy experience who didn't get one. Oh, I did hear that their expected average PCAT score for the matriculants this fall is 90%. Maybe it's the PCAT that got you. I think I got by because I will have a bachelor's this May. My gpa is pretty horrid. I did alright on the PCATs 87%. I'm really nervous about the interview though. And I'm still waiting on Midwestern! I hear it's about two weeks wait from the time they say your application is complete.

how long ago did you apply, chitown? I know one of the tricks is to apply EARLY! alot of my aquaintances got in by finishing their application in nov/dec .. it gets competitive as the deadline approaches. But you should hear from them soon.

Congrats crossurfingers! that's great news. Can I ask when you took your PCATs? Oct/Jan? .. I'm still bitter about getting rejected by UIC .. I met all their requirements .. my PCAT score wasn't that bad either ..

I'm sure UIC interviews aren't bad at all (judging from previous interviews) and only 40 people get rejected after that .. which is better than 50% getting rejected at other schools.

EDIT: Or so I heard ..

Only 40 people get rejected? The email I got said they are interviewing 240 people. I don't think they have 200 seats for pharmacy school but I could be wrong. I took the PCATs in January.

If you get a mandatory campus visit can you still be rejected from that school? I would think you'd either be accepted or waitlisted. Why would they waste their time?

I heard that UIC has about 155 seats. So I think they will be cutting around 90 people. At least that is what I heard!

Hey chi-
I was accepted at Midwestern Glendale during the early admissions cycle in the fall. I think that early application is the key! I have a 3.5 overall gpa, a 3.6 science (pharmcas included the C i got in gen chem in 1992 the b@st@rds) and an 85 pcat score. I also have a bachelors degree with 167 hours, plus pre-req hours, so I have over 200 college hours! I also volunteered and shadowed to round out my application since I don't work in a pharmacy.

I think there is a thread somewhere that states that Midwestern glendale is looking for 70 pcat or above, and a 3.5 gpa. You are right in there! It is just a waiting game for you right now, but don't, worry you have a very competitive application! Now for the interview (for which SDN is a lifesaver!) Hope to see you next year! Good Luck! PM me if you get an interview at MW Glendale and I'll give you the scoop!;)

Hey guys i finally got my interview at Midwestern Chicago and Glendale..weird hwo i got both on the same freaking day..so that completes all schools that i applied to..now i just gotta do that interview at glendale...anyone help me with that?..whats it like..interview open or closed?..i read that interview reponse on SDN for both midwesterns...just need some more help..i just need to know some questiosn they ask...during interviews i seem to like feel as though i dont impress to much...so i need more help..please let me know the types of ?'s they ask..specific too if possible...also for midwestrn chicago..does anyone remember the writing question they ask..i know its not gonna be the same..but atleast i can relate to what it will be about..thank

Hi guys,

I also applied to midwestern CCP, but have not heard from them yet. I've been having some problems with my application. I had sent in my supplemental application in January...then i got an email like about a month after reminding me about the upcoming deadline. I was worried so i emailed them back to see if they had received everything. They emailed me back and said they DIDN"T receive it yet! So I emailed them back, and then i get a second email saying they got it. I wait another couple weeks and it still isn't updated on the website so i emailed them again asking them what's happening with my application. They send another brief email saying that it will be updated that day and that the next part would be for my applicaition to be reviewed. So now my application is now about 2 months later than when i had sent it. I wonder if they'll take that into account. Not sure what to expect now.

:(

My applications to Glendale and Downer's Grove were sent back in November. My supplemental material for Glendale was sent in December, and I had to call them when it did not show up on Interact. They updated it, but it showed that my app was complete mid-January. I still have not heard ANYTHING from them.

Also, Downer's Grove is not showing that they've received a letter of recommendation. In fact, they only show the one from a professor. So, I had TWO pharmacists write one each (for the remaining letter), just in case one was lost in the mail or whatnot. It is still showing up and "expected." I'm not sure what to do. I haven't heard anything from them either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by chitown23
Hey guys i finally got my interview at Midwestern Chicago and Glendale..weird hwo i got both on the same freaking day..so that completes all schools that i applied to..now i just gotta do that interview at glendale...anyone help me with that?..whats it like..interview open or closed?..i read that interview reponse on SDN for both midwesterns...just need some more help..i just need to know some questiosn they ask...during interviews i seem to like feel as though i dont impress to much...so i need more help..please let me know the types of ?'s they ask..specific too if possible...also for midwestrn chicago..does anyone remember the writing question they ask..i know its not gonna be the same..but atleast i can relate to what it will be about..thank

In the interview feedback I posted for Midwestern in AZ, I let you know it's a closed-file interview, and I gave some pretty specific questions that were asked. You can PM me about whatever else you need to know.

There is a few more things I left out though:
1. First they'll ask you to tell them about yourself. The more you have to say, the more they'll ask you questions about what you've said, so that leaves them less time to ask other questions that are very off the wall....like be prepared to tell them your favorite (clean) joke. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Think of at least 3 people who you admire and why.

2. Make sure you have researched the school well, and can tell them why you chose to apply to Midwestern (i.e. why it fits you).

3. You will be given a faculty profile sheet before your interview, and you will know who your faculty interviewers are going to be. Try to think of some good questions to ask them.

4. There isn't really a writing assignment, but you will be given a "survey" to fill out before you leave. I can't remember all the specifics, but it asked what you liked best and least about the interview, how it can be improved, and "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" It's not anonymous so take your time, watch your grammar, and be honest.

good luck! :thumbup:

It's interesting how much the application process has changed in one year. I applied to both MWU-CCP and MWU-CPG for admission in 2003. My Chicago "interview" was just a campus visit. I didn't have any one-on-one interaction or anything even close to the writing sample that people keep talking about. My CPG interview was a real interview, but I didn't have a writing sample there either, and it was closed file. We didn't have pharmCAS and we had no way of checking any part of our application online. I had my interviews about 3 days apart which was pretty stressfull, but I was admitted to both programs. I had a hard time deciding where I wanted to go, but ultimately ended up at CPG. Good luck to everyone going through the fun process. ;)

Originally posted by synergee
Hi guys,

I also applied to midwestern CCP, but have not heard from them yet. I've been having some problems with my application. I had sent in my supplemental application in January...then i got an email like about a month after reminding me about the upcoming deadline. I was worried so i emailed them back to see if they had received everything. They emailed me back and said they DIDN"T receive it yet! So I emailed them back, and then i get a second email saying they got it. I wait another couple weeks and it still isn't updated on the website so i emailed them again asking them what's happening with my application. They send another brief email saying that it will be updated that day and that the next part would be for my applicaition to be reviewed. So now my application is now about 2 months later than when i had sent it. I wonder if they'll take that into account. Not sure what to expect now.

:(
originally posted by FutureRxGal
My applications to Glendale and Downer's Grove were sent back in November. My supplemental material for Glendale was sent in December, and I had to call them when it did not show up on Interact. They updated it, but it showed that my app was complete mid-January. I still have not heard ANYTHING from them.

ALWAYS send your application materials with delivery/signature confirmation. It gives you peace of mind knowing when it got there and who signed for it. Even if they haven't updated their web pages, you'll know if it got there on time!

It took Downer's Grove a long time to update my app. status also on the Internet. I think that they are having a hard time with the huge number of applicants they got this year. I don't think you will be penaltized. It took Downer's Grove almost 2 months to get in contact with me after I completed the app. I just heard from them yesterday and I got a Campus Visit with them on April 12 at 8:00a.

Don't worry about it. I'm sure you will hear from them soon. It seems like all the schools are taking a long time to respond. I don't think they were fully prepared for the huge amount of applicants this year.

I didn't use delivery/signature confirmation when i sent my apps, but i go the mailing confirmation where i could track it online. So according to that it did arrive, thats why i didnt contact them to make sure until a month later when i got the email reminding me about the upcoming deadline. I sure hope that they take the date that it arrived rather than the date they posted on their website because thats a big difference considering that they use rolling admissions. So they should have all invitations and what not sent by the end of this month? Can anyone tell me anymore about CCP and what the status is with the processing of apps and campus visits? oh...and congrats Chitown!

I guess it would have been up to my recommenders to send their letters certified, because both schools requested that the letter be sent directly from the recommender to the school, or so I understood. My other stuff arrived on time; it just took them a while to update it.

Yea i also got my interview on April 12th, im counting on getting in this school...well i guess i gotta spend my time preparing for CPG..since it is reak interview...

Originally posted by FutureRxGal
I guess it would have been up to my recommenders to send their letters certified, because both schools requested that the letter be sent directly from the recommender to the school, or so I understood.

Hmm, this wasn't a requirement for either school when I applied. I guess things change pretty quickly.

Originally posted by FutureRxGal
I guess it would have been up to my recommenders to send their letters certified, because both schools requested that the letter be sent directly from the recommender to the school, or so I understood. My other stuff arrived on time; it just took them a while to update it.

I'm not sure if the LOR forms are the same for both schools, but the instructions for the CPG reccomendation form stated that we were to give our LOR writers a self-addressed stamped envelope, and after all letters were sent back to us, we were supposed to send them to the admissions office together in one packet. That's what i did. The LOR writer should have signed across the seal of the envelope so that admissions would know that we hadn't opened them.

Originally posted by chitown23
Yea i also got my interview on April 12th, im counting on getting in this school...well i guess i gotta spend my time preparing for CPG..since it is reak interview...

Congrats chitown23,
We have our interview on the same day, so I will see you there. My name is Michele, so if you see me, I'll have someone to talk to. :clap:

I'm going to the Midwestern MCV on April 12th too so I'll see you both there. I'm really hoping I get into this school!!

I am also going to the CCP interview on April 12th. I am coming from California, and i was wondering where i should stay and if i should rent a car or take a taxi to the school. Also which airport is best to fly into, Midway or Ohara? Any any tips is preparing for this campus visit? Thankyou

I think the letter that we received from Midwestern CCOP had a list of hotels nearby with rates on taxis and limos. I don't know what else to tell you though because I'm not from around Downers Grove.

StephenChan UCI,

Midway is going to be your best bet.

O'Hare Airport is always really busy and is a pain in the a$$ to get around. I really don't like O'Hare. I try to avoid it at all costs.

Plus, Midway is closer to Downers Grove. And its an easier drive.

I also suggust that you get a hotel near Downers Grove, because the orientation is at 8:00 A and you really don't want to get mixed up in rush hour traffic.

Hope this helps.

Either airport is really fine. The trains are always a nice way to get around. However, there is no reliable transportation to Downer's Grove campus. It really is in the middle of nowhere and kind of depressed me. Rent a car and leave early for the interview. There is usually plenty of parking.