Anyone going to school in FL, have you received letters yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbizzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone interested in attending any Florida PT schools have received acceptance/rejection/interview notification yet. I know USF has sent them out. Have others?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't applied to any Florida schools, but I live here and have some friends that have been applying. You're right about USF sending out notification already. St. Augustine ahs sent out notification for acceptance to their summer session, but not yet for their fall session. I went to UF for undergrad, and I know they don't send anything out until January or February, same with UNF, and UCF. As for Miami and Florida Gulf Coast, I am not sure, but I think they aren't deciding until early next year either.
What schools did you apply to here in Florida?

I applied to Nova and UCF. I went to FSU for undergrad with a ~2.9+ GPA. I was checking to see if anyone else has gotten letters yet since everyone else in NY or CA is already getting theirs. I just thought that if I haven't heard from them by now I dont have a chance...it obviously is already a reach considering my GPA.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my acceptance letter to Nova for DPT! Good luck to you buddy! Don't be fooled by my name, I was a pharm major changed to physical therapy major.

I have an interview January 30th with the University of Miami... its going to be an interesting road trip. I get to wait even longer for the acceptance/rejection letter.

I just got called today for an interview for UCF

i'll be interviewing at university of miami on 2/20. good luck mcc0037. let me know how it goes! i also applied to nova, but i haven't heard anything yet.

If yall dont mind posting yall's stats .....pretty please

PT hopeful...have you gotten a phone interview from NOVA yet? Mine was last night...and let me tell you...I was not prepared at all. They asked me what I think the state of PT should be considering the healthcare reform that we are going through. Stuff about balancing PT school and personal time, and what made NOVA stand out from all the other schools (make sure you say something about their curiculum...cos I sure didn't). They said it would take about 20-30 minutes for the interview but mine lasted 8 minutes and 26 seconds. Thats how bad it went. Anyway....good luck to all. If it doesn;t work out...at least your not blind, or handicapped....anyway...there are far worse things that can happen if things dont go right. (My new mentality...after being so stressed/depressed about not getting in for about 3 months now)

Last edited:
oh my! i still haven't gotten any news from NOVA, but i definitely should go over the school's curriculum. thanks for the heads up! i kinda already posted this on another thread concerning new york medical college but here goes:

you know it's funny cause my stats are pretty depressing...i actually ended up applying to 12 schools because i was so worried about it. let's see i think my overall GPA was about ~3.0 and my science GPA was about the same. my GRE score was uhh a 1020 or so. i think what really swung in my favor was my essay, letters of rec and my experiences. they were really interested in my undergrad involvement with a non-profit with a student run free health clinic. in any case, i think it's great to know that some admissions committees realize that there's more to an applicant than stellar academic achievement.

good luck jbizzle! i hope good news come your way soon.

Last edited:
First off, I am finally in the double digit column with 10 posts on this forum. What a milestone... now that sad accomplishment is out of the way...

On a SERIOUS note, the University of Miami was a great experience! I just got back from Miami last night (interview was this past Friday). The faculty and their DPT students were very helpful, realistic, and honest. Even my competitors (or other candidates) were great people as well and I wish them luck as we all will be waiting for the next couple of weeks for them to reach a decision. My interview went amazing for the most part EXCEPT when they told me that they were missing one of my LORs. My heart almost bailed on me, but to my defense there had to be a big MIScommunication between me and their coordinator because we went over the checklist on the phone and by email to confirm and that was not on their "missing items" list. So you might want to polish your paperwork with their coordinator before going into the interview but luckily she didn't take offense to that and was very understanding when I was pleading my "case". Stuff like that can happen and I'm not mad at them since they go through tons and tons of paperwork so I give them the benefit of the doubt. The coordinator is a fantastic, funny guy who knows what he is doing so him and I will get that squared away quick.

To break it down simply, it is just like any other dpt interview. There were 25 total candidates who were assigned to a one-on-one interview with one of their faculty with five different time slots. While others interviewed, you either toured the campus, toured the PT facility, or mingled and ate finger foods with other candidates and DPT students. When I was interviewed, she just went through my references (thats how I found out I was missing one LOR... which was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life) and asking questions about that, and typical interview questions of why become a physical therapist, elaborate more on volunteering in general (not limited to just pt volunteer), how will I handle the stressload, etc...

Okay, this is why I don't post much... because I type too much. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask me any more questions.

I interviewed at the University of Miami on 1/23 and received my acceptance on 2/2! Being from NY, I made a mini vacation out of it. It was awesome! The students and faculty are very nice, knowledgeable, and laid back. The campus is beautiful and the PT facility is very respectable. Besides the campus, I also had the chance to explore Coral Gables, downtown Miami, and the nightlife on South Beach! The cost of living is pretty high, but I could get used to a place like this. As the faculty told us, everyone in their family works hard and plays hard as well. I was also accepted to Nova back in December, but will not be attending after being accepted to The U. Hope this helps those of you who may be nervous about an interview, unsure about the city, or just having a hard time making a decision on where to go.

I interviewed at the University of Miami on 1/23 and received my acceptance on 2/2! Being from NY, I made a mini vacation out of it. It was awesome! The students and faculty are very nice, knowledgeable, and laid back. The campus is beautiful and the PT facility is very respectable. Besides the campus, I also had the chance to explore Coral Gables, downtown Miami, and the nightlife on South Beach! The cost of living is pretty high, but I could get used to a place like this. As the faculty told us, everyone in their family works hard and plays hard as well. I was also accepted to Nova back in December, but will not be attending after being accepted to The U. Hope this helps those of you who may be nervous about an interview, unsure about the city, or just having a hard time making a decision on where to go.

GREAT! congratulations!!! I wanted to apply to UM but couldn't (low GRE Score) But it was my top choice :)() well, I'm glad you like Miami! I moved here a few years ago at first I didn't like it that much but then I realize I didn't really know what it had to offer, Is more than what people think

Well, (when it comes to FL) I'm just waiting for a Interview and hearing in USA and to hear back from FIU

hey everyone!

Keep being patient. Things will work out the way they are meant to be =)
As for me I also got into UM this week and will be going there. Had a phone interview with Nova a few days ago, but UM was my top choice. Now I need to look for housing =) TG looks like we will be classmates very cool.. congrats to you too!

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats! I interviewed there last year--it's like PT school in paradise.

I got a "hold" status from NOVA. Anyone know the chances that they will consider accepting me?

The "hold" status I would guess mean that your waitlisted...which in that case would mean that you would be offered acceptance in the case that people turn down the acceptance to Nova or are unable to finish their pre-reqs or graduate in time.

The "hold" status I would guess mean that your waitlisted...which in that case would mean that you would be offered acceptance in the case that people turn down the acceptance to Nova or are unable to finish their pre-reqs or graduate in time.

Thanks for trying to bring my hopes up..but it is unlikely that someone would turn them down. With all the applications they have im sure they'll be full.

Anyone heard/applied from/to FAMU or UCF.

Although they have an enormous amount of applications, this does not mean that Nova is many peoples first choice, nor does it mean that were high on the list or even considered for a position. Keep your hopes up buddy. It is obvious you want to be in this career and by continuing your efforts you will prove to grad schools that you are the right person for the job :)

I have tried to get info from UCF for the past month or so about my application status. I was told that "they'd let me know." I talked to a current student about a week ago and they said that interviews for the incoming class are over. I still have not been able to find anything out from the college; no e-mails, no letters, no response. Has anyone else run into this problem or is it just me?

Hey McFlojo, I applied to UCF on October 30th, and they received everything (GRE,volunteer verification, etc.) by november 13th or 14th , something like that. I have not received a notification or anything. No interview letter, no acceptance letter, and no rejection letter (something I should be used to by now). I would at least want them to say "Hell no we dont want you at our school," right? At least tell me no.

I read at the earlier post on this thread that people are getting interviews for UCF so I kind of knew that If they hadn't contacted me by now, I wouldn't get in. Interviews are required for UCF so, no luck there.

I have one last school to apply to, FAMU!!!!

To those who applied to UCF, they contacted all of those who were accepted to the program a few days ago. They called me and some friends to tell us we were accepted.

To those who applied to UCF, they contacted all of those who were accepted to the program a few days ago. They called me and some friends to tell us we were accepted.

Congrats PharmDan2! You are right, the program has been filled and all the calls made. jbizzle and I were having some issues with the program but I think we've received our answer, HA. Actually I got an e-mail a little while ago with the news. I'm actually quite relieved about it.