anyone have a baby while in vet school?

Started by bailey728
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I come to update.
Got pregnant 3 months before starting DVM1 semester 1. Low risk pregnancy.
Baby was born 1 day before final exam of DVM1 so applied to postpone the exam for 20 days.
Passed all exam and got the healthy baby through natural birth. Husband was taking care of the baby since birth until I attended exam.
So I did not defer even for one day.
Not easy but doable as long as you have a supporting system (financially and help wise).

congratulations! That actually sounds like pretty good timing. And your husband is a saint! Enjoy the little one while you can 🙂