Anyone have a telephone interview for Drexel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ginkoba4

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just had my telephone interview at Drexel and I think it went well, although I think the process is very selective (few seats). I asked my interviewer about what schools she got accepted to. She got eight interviews, but was waitlisted at most of them! This is the same thing that happened to another girl in their program. At Georgetown's CAM program, I found that some of the students were still interviewing for medical schools! I say, if I do a post-bacc program, it better give me not just interviews, but more acceptances!

Members don't see this ad.

What specific program at Drexel are you waiting to hear from?

I had a phone interview today as well. It was for the SMP program. 35-40 seats for 500 applicants. The girl was cool and answered plenty of questions. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, I was interviewing for the IMS program at Drexel, but they do telephone interviews for MSP students too I think

I have an phone interview with drexel as well. Was with a former student? Amout how long was the interview?

yeah it was a student interviewer who asked a series of questions she was pretty much supposed to ask (why do you think you didn't get into medical school? what are your strengths? etc...why be a doctor?) and the interview was about 40 min :D good luck

I had my phone interview April 20th. All phone interviews for the IMS/MSP program are conducted by students that have been through (or are finishing up) the program.

I have heard the earlier the better as they fill the MSP program on a rolling admissions (I believe they do the same for the IMS). The Admissions Committee for the program has only met once thus far and should be meeting middle of next week or the week after (I asked yesterday). I GUESS THEY FILLED CLASSES FOR MSP/IMS PROGRAMS IN 1 MONTH LAST YEAR (someone told me that they get very trigger happy when they start interviewing).

Overall, if you are complete and have already interviewed--your chances are really good I hear.

Hopefully, some of those that have posted above will get in together--that would be great! :)

Best of luck to everyone...

drumming :D

Sounds like trouble...

I was planning on sending my application in to Drexel (for the MSP program) by the end of this week, minus one letter of recommendation that would come later.

Are you guys saying it is basically too late to really get in to that program at this point?

I'm not sure but they won't review your application until it is complete. So if you are expecting to send them that one letter later it will hold up your entire appliction.

Yeah, I don't know, I sent in everything at once (including recs) and they got back to me for an interview the next week. Sure was a lot faster than medical school. I just got my rejection from Temple Med School yesterday :D If I were you, I'd still try because it's a good program (I can't believe I'm saying this to my competition :D).

Thanks guys-

I'll have to get on that professor's case to get the letter ASAP.

Best of luck getting in.

nweb,

I wouldn't worry too much about it...I hear if you are complete and have an interview by the middle of May you should be ok. Just overnight everything and really put "the heat" on your LOR.

I can't believe I'm saying this to my competition

I am not picking on you in particular, but I always finding it funny that most pre-meds want "to help people" (as a doctor and as a human) as long as they are 2 steps ahead of everyone else. The competition thing still baffles me...

Good luck to all and be well,

actually drumming, i am always the one that is two steps behind everyone else because nobody with experience helped me through college or the medical school application process...i've been in their shoes before so i know what it's like :D so good luck to everyone!

Ginkoba4,

medical school application process
This process is oh so much fun, huh? Best of luck with the IMS program--I'm sure you'll get in. :)

I sent you a PM.

They do fill the class early, but don't not apply because of this. There is always turn-over in the last weeks and minutes as people get accepted to med schools off waiting-lists. Early the better though.

Any questions, just PM me.
WISC-ite