Anyone have any thought provoking questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is represented by this BrainBat?

TTTTTTIIIIIIIMMMMMMEEEEEE
ABDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Members don't see this ad.

data said:
What is represented by this BrainBat?

TTTTTTIIIIIIIMMMMMMEEEEEE
ABDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Long time no 'c'

If you are in a dark room with a candle, a wood stove and a gas lamp. You only have one match, so what do you light first?

sunny123 said:
Long time no 'c'

If you are in a dark room with a candle, a wood stove and a gas lamp. You only have one match, so what do you light first?
good job! :)
I GIVE YOU FISHY
bahamis-fish.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay i think I finally got it.....the German owns the fish!
Because the Norwegian has cats, the dane has a horse, the Brit has birds, and the swede has dogs

I remember we had to do this in our physics class in 11th....drove me crazy then....we had 15 minutes but it was puzzling cause you have to get every bit right for it to make sense....but its a good one....

hopeful05 said:
Okay i think I finally got it.....the German owns the fish!
Because the Norwegian has cats, the dane has a horse, the Brit has birds, and the swede has dogs

I remember we had to do this in our physics class in 11th....drove me crazy then....we had 15 minutes but it was puzzling cause you have to get every bit right for it to make sense....but its a good one....
See how it works someone asks a question and another person answers. WITHOUT SAYING THE QUESTION IS ******ED. You can buy your own fish i'm out of fishy.

How can you tell the difference between trees?

A table tennis ball fell into a tight deep pipe. The pipe was only a bit wider then the ball, so you can not use your hand. How would you take it out, with no damage?

I have many feathers to help me fly. I have a body and head, but I'm not alive. It is your strength which determines how far I go. You can hold me in your hand, but I'm never thrown. What am I?

An old man wanted to leave all of his money to one of his three sons, but he didn't know which one he should give it to. He gave each of them a few coins and told them to buy something that would be able to fill their living room. The first man bought straw, but there was not enough to fill the room. The second bought some sticks, but they still did not fill the room. The third man bought two things that filled the room, so he obtained his father's fortune. What were the two things that the man bought?

hopeful05 said:
12. A man is found dead in an empty field with a pack strapped to his back. How did he die?
Is it a pack of wolves...maybe?
Its a parachute that didn't open..hahaha finally got it

data said:
An old man wanted to leave all of his money to one of his three sons, but he didn't know which one he should give it to. He gave each of them a few coins and told them to buy something that would be able to fill their living room. The first man bought straw, but there was not enough to fill the room. The second bought some sticks, but they still did not fill the room. The third man bought two things that filled the room, so he obtained his father's fortune. What were the two things that the man bought?

i dunno.. love and happiness? is it one of those types of questions.. where the answer is not material but... other stuff...? just a guess.

saffronrain said:
i dunno.. love and happiness? is it one of those types of questions.. where the answer is not material but... other stuff...? just a guess.
the kid brought in matches and candle sticks. to make light to fill the room :p

Members don't see this ad :)
saffronrain said:
Its an old Indian story...parents tell their kids........

data said:
See how it works someone asks a question and another person answers. WITHOUT SAYING THE QUESTION IS ******ED. You can buy your own fish i'm out of fishy.

I don't recall saying any question was ******ed :confused:

hopeful05 said:
I don't recall saying any question was ******ed :confused:
Must have a memory lapse

hey guys does anyone know any oxymorons? I'm generating a list

* Act naturally
* Advanced BASIC
* Almost exactly
* Alone together
* Clearly misunderstood
* Definite maybe
* Exact estimate
* Extinct Life
* Found missing
* Genuine imitation
* Good grief
* Jumbo shrimp
* Legally drunk
* New classic
* Now, then, (have you made up your mind?)
* Passive aggression
* Peace force
* Plastic glasses
* Pretty ugly ( preeti ugly, russel peters joke hahaha)
* Resident alien
* Same difference
* Sanitary landfill
* Silent scream
* Small crowd
* Soft rock
* Sweet sorrow
* Synthetic natural gas
* Taped live
* Terribly pleased
* Tight slacks
* Working vacation
i took this off a site

data said:
hey guys does anyone know any oxymorons? I'm generating a list

* Act naturally
* Advanced BASIC
* Almost exactly
* Alone together
* Clearly misunderstood
* Definite maybe
* Exact estimate
* Extinct Life
* Found missing
* Genuine imitation
* Good grief
* Jumbo shrimp
* Legally drunk
* New classic
* Now, then, (have you made up your mind?)
* Passive aggression
* Peace force
* Plastic glasses
* Pretty ugly ( preeti ugly, russel peters joke hahaha)
* Resident alien
* Same difference
* Sanitary landfill
* Silent scream
* Small crowd
* Soft rock
* Sweet sorrow
* Synthetic natural gas
* Taped live
* Terribly pleased
* Tight slacks
* Working vacation
i took this off a site
you my friend have entirely too much time on your hands ;) and here is mine

smart Data ;)

hehe jk

Boinger said:

smart Data ;)

hehe jk

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you know data i do have some problems with ur oxymorons

for example like these
* Small crowd
* Soft rock

the first word in em are adjectives describing the subject like there is a crowd but its small which is shortened down to small crowd as compared to a big crowd but that also depends on ur definition of crowd an acceptable definition 2's a couple 3's a crowd for joking terms but seriously speaking a crowd may be from 10 people to 1000's of people whats to say what is accurate so we describe it by calling 10 people a small crowd and 500 people a big crowd but it is still a crowd there by i dont think it really falls under the definition of an oxymoron

Boinger said:

smart Data ;)

hehe jk

So....you r back.....

yep i am =)

i lost touch with the intarweb ... it was a scary time :p

sunny123 said:
Long time no 'c'

Light the Match first.

data said:
I have many feathers to help me fly. I have a body and head, but I'm not alive. It is your strength which determines how far I go. You can hold me in your hand, but I'm never thrown. What am I?

A badminton shuttlecock

data said:

he brought Incense sticks (Agarbatti) and matches- to fill up the room with aroma

DrGarfield said:
A badminton shuttlecock

oh jeez.. that's right.. (i think).. and i play badminton all the time!!!! :oops: