Anyone have worked with National Health Rehab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MusicIsLife511

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm fresh out of residency and looking for a short-term, part-time job (~6-8 months) to save up some money before moving. Has anyone worked as an independent contractor through National Health Rehab? I know there are a few organizations like this out there where you make a good amount of money as a consultant at a SNF/SAR. I'd be looking to work part-time as I'll be studying for boards as well. I know there wouldn't be any benefits through the opportunity and I'd have to cover malpractice. They said they have a billing team but not sure how helpful they actually are or if I would end up having to figure it out on my own. So if anyone has worked with them (or a similar organization), I'd love to know your pros/cons!

Also, would you recommend switching from claims-based to occurrence malpractice insurance (even if it means paying a little more) when working for companies like these?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't they take 40% off the top for each first 10 patients daily?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm considering this option at the moment, but I have yet to decide. From what I've read, this helps you with your further career, but I'm not completely satisfied with the costs though. As for me, it's one of the best rehabilitation centres, and I have some colleagues who are already working with them. The advantages are obvious, so it's most likely, that I'll get the offer, but I'm just looking for more feedback on this. I don't know much about similar organizations though, but I'll be thankful for any opinion.

Last edited: