You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone hear anything from NC schools?
Started by Rdc2142
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, Elon emailed me last week with an interview offer. My interview date is 12/13.
Erin
That's awesome! congrats. My application is currently considered incomplete for Elon due to not fulfilling a core science letter of recommendation which I'm waiting on a professor to finish mine up.
Those that have heard about getting an interview from Elon, when did you apply? It says my applications were received 9/25 but I haven't heard back from them yet. Thanks!
My app was sent on 8/6 !
I also applied to Duke and WCU and have not heard back yet
Erin
I have an interview for WCU on December 14th.. Haven't heard from UNC, ECU, or Winston yet though. Does anyone know how many people get interviews at each school?
Nice congrats on the interview! I have one for Western on December 13th. I haven't heard anything out of ECU or Winston either.
Wanted to say good luck from a licensed NC Physical Therapist. Don't forget to research your potential faculty members. Dig up research articles they have published. Find a genuine interest in their research and the program's mission. These are key in the interview.
Cheers!
My stats?? (see below)
________________________
Licensed Physical Therapist
Cheers!
My stats?? (see below)
________________________
Licensed Physical Therapist
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received anything from the ECU graduate school? I thought we had to be accepted there before we got anything from the PT dept... The first interview date is December 4th so I thought they'd be sending something out relatively soon?
I also haven't heard anything from ECU except the confirmation that they have received my application for both the graduate school and the DPT program. I'm getting a little worried seeing as the early interview is 2 weeks away. You would think they would have at least told us if we were being deferred to the regular interview day in January.
Anything from elon for anyone else? My app has been under review for 3 weeks now.
I just got an email for an interview from Elon today
When did you apply? Or when did your application go under review?I just got an email for an interview from Elon today
When did you apply? Or when did your application go under review?
On OnTrack it says my application when under review on Oct. 24th, they messed up my letters of rec and I had to email them to correct it.
Thanks. I received the OnTrack email on October 27 so hopefully I will hear something in the next few days.On OnTrack it says my application when under review on Oct. 24th, they messed up my letters of rec and I had to email them to correct it.
Thanks. I received the OnTrack email on October 27 so hopefully I will hear something in the next few days.
Best of luck!
Thanks. Best of luck to both of you!I too received an offer to interview with Elon today, my application with the Ontrack was October 25th due to a letter of rec problem so you definitely should hear something within the next week based upon the timing of our reviews
Any new updates on interview invites with North Carolina Schools? I'm interviewing at WCU this friday and then at Elon on January 17th. I literally just submitted one to Winston-Salem so would be interested to hear if they have already contacted some people that already had applications in. I have yet to hear from UNC yet and wondered if anyone had any insight into potential interview dates and if they had contacted anyone yet.
Any new updates on interview invites with North Carolina Schools? I'm interviewing at WCU this friday and then at Elon on January 17th. I literally just submitted one to Winston-Salem so would be interested to hear if they have already contacted some people that already had applications in. I have yet to hear from UNC yet and wondered if anyone had any insight into potential interview dates and if they had contacted anyone yet.
When did you hear about the Elon January interview? They received my application in September and I still haven't heard any word from OnTrack, starting to think thats probably not the best sign. Also, I haven't heard anything from UNC either yet.
Also have an interview for WCU on the afternoon of the 14th. Anyone have any advice or insight into the interview process?
I would say just know their program. Do your homework, read everything you can about their program on the WCU DPT website. It made me feel more comfortable during the interview, cause I knew a lot of the information they were telling me.
There are really no secret questions or anything, it felt like a pretty typical interview.
3 guaranteed questions.
1. Tell me about yourself?
2. Why did you choose WCU?
3. Why do you want to be a PT?
I wouldn't memorize your answer, but definitely brainstorm your responses.
There are really no secret questions or anything, it felt like a pretty typical interview.
3 guaranteed questions.
1. Tell me about yourself?
2. Why did you choose WCU?
3. Why do you want to be a PT?
I wouldn't memorize your answer, but definitely brainstorm your responses.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you hear about the Elon January interview? They received my application in September and I still haven't heard any word from OnTrack, starting to think thats probably not the best sign. Also, I haven't heard anything from UNC either yet.
They emailed me to call and confirm the interview on November 22nd. I had my PTCAS application in by mid-september but my last reference didn't arrive until a couple days before the due date.
Got a phone call today that I was accepted to Western Carolina! That's where I'll be attending I think 🙂
Wow that was fast. Congrats! I thought they wouldn't say until late January. If you don't mind me asking, you just have to verbally agree and pay by March, correct?
Wow that was fast. Congrats! I thought they wouldn't say until late January. If you don't mind me asking, you just have to verbally agree and pay by March, correct?
Dr. Watson called and said I would get an email about it. I'll post when I hear more
I got the call from Western today also. Same deal, Dr. Watson said I'd be getting an email. I was blown away, I didn't expect an answer so fast. I really liked WCU, I just hope they give some time so I can know the result of my other applications and talk things over with my wife before making a final decision.
UNC said they would send out interview invites towards the middle-end of December. I have an interview at WCU this Saturday but I haven't heard from WSSU or ECU except for confirmations that they received my apps. I submitted those two in mid-October.
I just received an e-mail from ECU saying that my application is complete and that they would be sending out interview invitations the second week in January.


Wow that was fast. Congrats! I thought they wouldn't say until late January. If you don't mind me asking, you just have to verbally agree and pay by March, correct?
I got the email about Western's acceptance yesterday. I have to agree by January 15 and pay by February 3
I also got into WCU. I really liked the school when I was there! klhowe15 are you the one I met at the interview?
Yes, I think so. Are you thinking about going to Western? I'm about to accept!
Yes, I think so. Are you thinking about going to Western? I'm about to accept!
I'm not sure yet...I really liked it and I will probably end up accepting and paying the deposit...but there are two other schools I want to interview at before I make a final decision.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, the people I know who have applied to UNC DPT in years past have gotten their interview invites before Christmas and given the option of the 2nd or 3rd weekend in January for an interview. I haven't heard anything from them as of tonight which worries me a little. But if nobody else has heard from UNC either maybe they're just running late this year.
I just got an offer for UNC (1/25) on Friday Dec. 27th, and Elon's (1/10) I received Nov. 22nd. Not sure what to do about UNC, since I already accepted an interview at MGH for the same day (and UNC's contact person is out of the office until the day before the RSVP date...grrrrr). I guess it's a good dilemma to have though!
Congrats! I was declined for an invitation. It wasn't totally unexpected since my GPA isn't the best and I don't have in-state residency yet. ECU was the only school I applied to this cycle, so I will be preparing for next year. Good luck with your interview!!I got an interview invitation today for ECU