Anyone hear anything from WSU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurboVet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the newsletter on their website says out-of-state interviews will be held Feb 12-14th (along with everybody else), but they've gotta be giving notice soon. Have any WICHE apps heard? In staters? Out-of-staters?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in state and I haven't heard anything yet.

i got the got your stuff notice on 1/12:

We are now processing applications for
the Fall 2007 session of the
College of Veterinary Medicine
at Washington State University.

Your application is Complete
To Date and is being reviewed.

We will contact you if questions
arise during the remainder of the
Admissions process.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh yeah... i'm in-state

I am an Idaho resident (WSU has a contract with the state of Idaho for 11 spots) and I am actually interviewing *tomorrow*. All of the Idaho residents are interviewing tomorrow (1/18) and Friday (1/19), but as for other in-state and out-of-state applicants, I have no idea.

hey conservationgal, how much notice did they give you for your interview? did you get info via snail mail or email? I'm hoping I won't have to juggle multi-state interviews in the same 2-day period, or if I do, I'd like some notice. if you think of it, please leave interview feedback as well!

I recieved my interview notification via snail mail about a week before holiday break started, so around December 10th or so. I am about to leave for my interview (nervous!) but I will make sure to fill out an interview feedback form when it is all done!

Hey everyone,

I emailed WSU last week and asked when we could expect interview notifications/rejections and I just got response saying the packets will be going out next Monday, the 29th.

hey guys. i'm out-of-state and i got an interview invite for feb 14th, via snail mail today.

The Idaho applicants were the first to interview and first to find out (I was among those accepted - YAY!) Good luck to those of you who have yet to interview! I posted my interview feedback, so check it out and feel free to PM me if you have any more specific questions.

got my rejection from them today..:(

i'm sorry jeeney.

I got an interview invite today for the 12th. Out of state :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection letter received today. I'm out of state.

:(

Notified via snail mail in California. Interview Feb 14th-- what a Valentine's date!

My girlfriend was accepted about a week ago through the WICHE program. Good luck all!

Anyone else waiting for news on WSU? My interview was on 2/16. Gotta say I was pleasantly surprised with the school..

Hey there, I interviewed at Washington on the 12th and I really liked the school and all the students and faculty were super nice. I wish I could have seen more of the town though. For others who got to see the town could you reply and tell me a little bit about it. Thanks a bunch.

Jennifer

Hey to everyone who interviewed at WSU - Pullman:
I am currently a student at UI just 8 miles away across the ID-WA state line. After being here for four years, I can see why a first impression of the area may not be that great. In reality, this area is quite diverse and has much to offer, such as cultural events, sporting events, and outdoor activities. Pullman is small, yes, but close to fun places like Seattle and Spokane. Also, the local people and students are amazingly nice and they are proud to be a college town. I do not know what information you are specifically looking for regarding the area. I can say though that I have been very happy and content with my four years on the Palouse thus far, and I look forward to four more! Also, if any of you decide to head to WSU for vet school this fall and are looking for a cool and super fun roomie, PM me! :p

Seems like WSU has began calling some people with acceptance offers...I guess they first call in-state people and then non-res people?? Ohh I sooo hope they call me today! :scared:

Hi people,
Got an acceptance phone call today from WSU!!:) I'm out of state and had my interview on 2/14. They said we should be getting the paper work in the mail by the end of this week, beginning of next. Good luck to all others waiting to hear.:luck:

No call yet.. 8:30 pm EST. I wonder how late they would call. It's still only 5:30 pm in WA, so maybe...

CONGRATS to those who have been accepted :thumbup: :thumbup:

Accepted today by phone! I am out-of-state. :laugh:

I got accepted today also, they called around 2:30pm. I am so excited. :love: :love:

For everyone who interviewed what did you think of the town and the school??? I didn't get to see much of the town when I was there.

I got accepted today also, they called around 2:30pm. I am so excited. :love: :love:

For everyone who interviewed what did you think of the town and the school??? I didn't get to see much of the town when I was there.

the school is fabulous (and that's coming from one who is from uw - wsu's archrival). the faculty are stellar - and research (and funding) really successful. the students who go there love it, and there seems to be much support to keep you there. as far as vet schools go, it doesn't have the rep of cornell or davis, but it is really good, especially if you are small animal. i've worked with ~10 vets from there, and they are great!

now, for the area. it is SE Washington. the palouse has a beauty of its own, which grows on you. - and the mountains are only 3 hours away - seattle 4.5 hours - the ocean 5 hours. spokane is a couple hours away if you like city life. the town is a typical college town - but since wsu is the second major university in washington, there are plenty of people. remember that we will be studying most of the time....

in my mind (albeit small, though i've travelled the world), there is NO PLACE as beautiful as washington state, and i hope you come here!!!

I am from NY and I currently live in NYC. Though NYC is great, I am more of a suburban person. I would have no problem moving to Pullman (If I ever get accepted!) and I am pretty sure I would enjoy my time there

I thought the Palouse region was so beautiful! From what I saw during my travels, the town surrounding WSU is your run of the mill college town. I wasn't at all turned off by WSU location. Seems like you could get some decent food around WSU. Food is important to me :) If I were to compare the locations of the schools where I interviewed, WSU would be #1.

Like wildfocus mentioned, if you are hungry for some big city action, Spokane isn't too far...

I'm jumping the gun here because I haven't even been accepted, but does anyone know what WSU's small animal caseload is like? Totally forgot to ask when I was there...

They told me when I was there that is was as busy as their large animal caseload, but my interviewers told me this and I got the feeling that they didn't know the real particulars.

Thanks Tsuki and Wildfocus, I have a big decision to make over spring break. Michigan or Washington. I am on the alternate list for a couple school, but I am not going to bet on getting in just to be safe - I am just so excited I can't wait to start.

Thanks Tsuki and Wildfocus, I have a big decision to make over spring break. Michigan or Washington. I am on the alternate list for a couple school, but I am not going to bet on getting in just to be safe - I am just so excited I can't wait to start.

You're welcome. I haven't gotten a call so I didn't make the cut I guess. Probably made the waitlist...

lilobug - good luck making the decision, pm me if you have any q's about washington in general. tsuki - my fingers are crossed for you. it would fabulous to have you here! as for me, if (very likely) i don't get accepted to davis, wsu is where i'll be. backpacking and food are my favortist activities outside of animal medicine and wildlife research, and i'd love to explore the region for either with anyone who decides to go there too!

wildfocus, tsuki, and lilobug - you need to come to WSU and be my friends! Also, I will make this plug again - if anyone needs a roomie in Pullman, PM me!

Congrats to everyone who was accepted. Of those who got notified via phone have you received your letter yet? I got a call on 2/26 but haven't received anything in the mail yet . . . is it just me?

not a peep...

I haven't gotten anything from them (I also did not get a phone call). They said they would be calling people & sending out letters on the same day, by the end of February. If they called people last week, it seems we should have something by now. Has anybody phoned them to ask?

they mailed all the letters out yesterday
also, they do not rank their alternate list

good luck, all!