snoots
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Trying to see what chances I have. Also, would love to hear some folks that are IS applicants or acceptances!
I am just trying to see if I need to be realistic with my hopes of an acceptance. I only applied to WSU, my in state. First time applicant. Lower GPA. First Generation. Mid 20s Female.
Calculated by verified VMCAS
-Associates in Pre-Vet: 3.57 GPA
-Bachelors in Comp Sci: 3.56 GPA
-"Post Bacc": 2.93 GPA. These are undergraduate bio/chem sciences classes I had to take after getting a bachelors in a diff field.
-Overall undergrad GPA: 3.36
-Overall undergrad Sci GPA: 3.02 GPA
Vet Experience: as a Vet Assistant
- Employment @ Small Animal ER: 950 hours
- Employment @ General Practice: 8400 hours
- Volunteer @ Spay/Neu: 60 hours
Animal Experience:
- 4-H club member with horses: 186
-volunteer @ wildlife rescue: 1664
-volunteer @ canine rescue: 156
- handler for AKC dog shows: 208
Research (unpublished works):
-Undergrad researcher for canine behavior: 260
Other experiences:
-Employment as Server @ restaurant: 1400
-Employment @ uni as student worker: 1040
-Volunteer: tutor for k-12: 150
- Extraccuric: Hackathon Coding Designer: 18
My LORs:
- 2 DVMs (one of them is my Medical Director. Both of them are from the same clinic)
- 1 Chemistry Prof
I do understand that my GPA is prob going to be my #1 weakness in my application. In my explanation statement, I explained the circumstances ( working 2 full time jobs to minimize loan take out for that Post Bacc situation). I stated that I have upward trending grades for summer quarter.
My personal statement talks about my goals of working in small animal ER and ultimately my journey/any take-aways I have learned throughout the journey.
I am just trying to see if I need to be realistic with my hopes of an acceptance. I only applied to WSU, my in state. First time applicant. Lower GPA. First Generation. Mid 20s Female.
Calculated by verified VMCAS
-Associates in Pre-Vet: 3.57 GPA
-Bachelors in Comp Sci: 3.56 GPA
-"Post Bacc": 2.93 GPA. These are undergraduate bio/chem sciences classes I had to take after getting a bachelors in a diff field.
-Overall undergrad GPA: 3.36
-Overall undergrad Sci GPA: 3.02 GPA
Vet Experience: as a Vet Assistant
- Employment @ Small Animal ER: 950 hours
- Employment @ General Practice: 8400 hours
- Volunteer @ Spay/Neu: 60 hours
Animal Experience:
- 4-H club member with horses: 186
-volunteer @ wildlife rescue: 1664
-volunteer @ canine rescue: 156
- handler for AKC dog shows: 208
Research (unpublished works):
-Undergrad researcher for canine behavior: 260
Other experiences:
-Employment as Server @ restaurant: 1400
-Employment @ uni as student worker: 1040
-Volunteer: tutor for k-12: 150
- Extraccuric: Hackathon Coding Designer: 18
My LORs:
- 2 DVMs (one of them is my Medical Director. Both of them are from the same clinic)
- 1 Chemistry Prof
I do understand that my GPA is prob going to be my #1 weakness in my application. In my explanation statement, I explained the circumstances ( working 2 full time jobs to minimize loan take out for that Post Bacc situation). I stated that I have upward trending grades for summer quarter.
My personal statement talks about my goals of working in small animal ER and ultimately my journey/any take-aways I have learned throughout the journey.