Anyone hear back from Purdue?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RX 2009

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting nervous...

Has anyone hear back from Purdue?

Members don't see this ad.

NOPE! I'm finding schools east of the rockies to be very slow at getting back to west-coast applicants

I think I remember from last year that Purdue didn't send out interview invites until February, and then they interview the last week of February. It might be late January though - maybe look for the thread from last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an Application Update email yesterday saying that they need my PharmCAS updated + a copy of my Fall transcript emailed/faxed/mailed to them. I don't know if that counts as hearing from them.

nope~ haven't heard anything besides a confirmation email saying they have all my application material..

I called Purdue today. They're still making final decisions on interview invitations. The woman i talked to said they're meeting again next week and then they should be sending something out shortly after that (hopefully e-mail).

I called Purdue today. They're still making final decisions on interview invitations. The woman i talked to said they're meeting again next week and then they should be sending something out shortly after that (hopefully e-mail).

Hi PharmKid23, you said...they told you that they were still making final decisions on interview invitation....So u meant like the final ..final group ....or just the 1st round of interviewing ....

I'm anxious ..waiting to hear from Purdue as well...so ......

but thanks for ur info

Hi PharmKid23, you said...they told you that they were still making final decisions on interview invitation....So u meant like the final ..final group ....or just the 1st round of interviewing ....

I'm anxious ..waiting to hear from Purdue as well...so ......

but thanks for ur info
There isn't rounds of interviewing with Purdue, they interview everyone in a one week span.

There isn't rounds of interviewing with Purdue, they interview everyone in a one week span.

I'm sorry I dont understand what u meant ....i dont get it...plz explain a bit more..
thank u

I'm sorry I dont understand what u meant ....i dont get it...plz explain a bit more..
thank u

Their interview dates this year are Feb. 23-27. They can only send out the letters all at once to notify the applicants since the interview dates are so close together.

Their interview dates this year are Feb. 23-27. They can only send out the letters all at once to notify the applicants since the interview dates are so close together.

thanks for ur info....

continue to wait.......and hope.....

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting nervous...

Has anyone hear back from Purdue?

I emailed Brenda saturday nite and she got back to me this morning....She said the Admission Committee is meeting on this Thursday and the letters should go out within week....so..just wanna give you guys head-up...
:xf: hope ..for ..good news...i'm so stressed about the whole waiting thing ...and the whole pharmacy application process ... i guess every thing has its price ....

About 30 seconds after submitting my pharmcas to Purdue I read the fine print and saw that out-of-state applicants need a minimum 3.55gpa. So, effectively, I heard back 30 seconds after E-submitting. Hope they used that $40 wisely.

About 30 seconds after submitting my pharmcas to Purdue I read the fine print and saw that out-of-state applicants need a minimum 3.55gpa. So, effectively, I heard back 30 seconds after E-submitting. Hope they used that $40 wisely.
They say that but its not 100% true, I know for a fact someone who not only got an interview but was ultimately accepted out of state with a 3.35 gpa. Obviously this is probably a rare case but if other parts of your application are really strong it can be done. But by you saying you heard back 30 seconds later meaning you already got a rejection email/letter?

I emailed Brenda saturday nite and she got back to me this morning....She said the Admission Committee is meeting on this Thursday and the letters should go out within week....so..just wanna give you guys head-up...
:xf: hope ..for ..good news...i'm so stressed about the whole waiting thing ...and the whole pharmacy application process ... i guess every thing has its price ....

Are they sending letters via e-mails or US mail? Also, do u get a letter of rejection if they don't want to interview you? (or do u just not hear back from them) This is my first year applying to pharmacy schools so I dont know how things go.

Are they sending letters via e-mails or US mail? Also, do u get a letter of rejection if they don't want to interview you? (or do u just not hear back from them) This is my first year applying to pharmacy schools so I dont know how things go.
Last year everything was through US mail, rejection or acceptance for both interviews and admittance into the program.

Thanks Prepharm1214!!

And so we wait........

waiting is killing me.
i believe .. today ..thursday ..Purdue Admission Committees ..met again... .. let's pray for good news .. i'm so nervous ...

I e-mailed Stevens earlier today to ask about when interviews will be held so that I could plan my schedule accordingly. She sent me an e-mail back saying that I have an interview, either on the 23rd or 27 for out of state students. She said they will be mailing out letters early next week. best of luck!

I e-mailed Stevens earlier today to ask about when interviews will be held so that I could plan my schedule accordingly. She sent me an e-mail back saying that I have an interview, either on the 23rd or 27 for out of state students. She said they will be mailing out letters early next week. best of luck!

wow..congratulations ....the Admission Committee met yesterday... no fone call for interviews then....

thanks for ur head-up ... good luck!

i'm wondering if i should give them a call ..hicihchi ..

is there anyone ..who received interview from purdue by phone ???

:xf: let's pray ...

i'm wondering if i should give them a call ..hicihchi ..

is there anyone ..who received interview from purdue by phone ???

:xf: let's pray ...
As I said about 5 posts up...

Last year everything was through US mail, rejection or acceptance for both interviews and admittance into the program.

There's not really any reason to call, as I'm sure the admissions office is already bogged down with stuff to do. Unless you absolutely need to know 2-3 extra days in advance I wouldn't call, it will come.

i'm just so anxious.. ..this is my first time applying to pharmacy school ...and i'm so not ready for my first rejection letter ..hicihihc ...

i'm from florida ..so i guess i don't receive it until the end of next week (hopefully)..

but thanks prepharm1214 anyway..

Received their rejection letter today
3.65 gpa
out of state
99 pcat but doesn't count for Purdue

Wooo! I just got an interview invitation letter from them this afternoon. I'm also out of state and my gpa is about 3.75.

Edit: So I really couldn't wait and told my sister to open it, and I also have an interview! Out of state. When do people have interview dates? And what is this speaking portion? I've heard of on-site writings, but not speaking... that makes me a little nervous.

Last edited:
Edit: So I really couldn't wait and told my sister to open it, and I also have an interview! Out of state. When do people have interview dates? And what is this speaking portion? I've heard of on-site writings, but not speaking... that makes me a little nervous.

My interview is in the afternoon on Friday, February 27. I think for the speaking part they have you read a paragraph or two just to take sure you're able to competantly read and you're also given a prompt with a question you have to answer about some random topic.

Received their rejection letter today
3.65 gpa
out of state
99 pcat but doesn't count for Purdue
hmmm interesting
Wooo! I just got an interview invitation letter from them this afternoon. I'm also out of state and my gpa is about 3.75.
I'm in the same boat, i have 3.70 gpa but i didn't get accepted, i got the rejection letter. That's odd though, i mean my gpa is 3.7 and that's with my junior year. Not to mention i have 2 yrs of pharmacy experience and volunteering...i'm a little bummed out. :(

wow ..u all received letters... i'm from florida .. nothing was in my mail box today ... i'm getting so anxious ...

it's interesting that some of u got high stats but received rejection ..i'm sorry to hear ..i'm sure u will get accepted at some other school ...good luck

congratulation to u who got interviewed ...good luck 2

hmmm interesting

I'm in the same boat, i have 3.70 gpa but i didn't get accepted, i got the rejection letter. That's odd though, i mean my gpa is 3.7 and that's with my junior year. Not to mention i have 2 yrs of pharmacy experience and volunteering...i'm a little bummed out. :(
Sorry to hear that, but Purdue is known for being very quirky sometimes in who they accept. For out of state in particular though you need a lot of stuff that stands out. Did you fill up all 4 slots for the career exploration, volunteering, and leadership?

3.92 GPA, out of state, and a rejection letter

Rejection letter from Purdue. 10 out of 11 schools I applied to offered me an interview. Purdue didn't...whatever. I wasn't gonna go to their school anyway LOL :smuggrin::D

Sorry to hear that, but Purdue is known for being very quirky sometimes in who they accept. For out of state in particular though you need a lot of stuff that stands out. Did you fill up all 4 slots for the career exploration, volunteering, and leadership?
Yea i know i did. Idk what happened really.

Yea i know i did. Idk what happened really.

I got inteview from Purdue for Feb 23rd. Is there any one else who has interview on the same day?
I am nervous about speaking and writing portions. Please give suggestions or advice?

Last edited:
yay i got an interview invite at purdue on feb 27th too! im so excited! ive got a 3.75 gpa, out of state. but i go to the university of illinois and we are a sister school with purdue so that might have helped me out too :) congrats to everyone who got interviews as well!

my first rejection .. so sad ...

I got inteview from Purdue for Feb 23rd. Is there any one else who has interview on the same day?
I am nervous about speaking and writing portions. Please give suggestions or advice?

Mine is the 23rd, but I think I'm going to try and switch it to the 27th... and I have NO clue how to prepare for the writing and speaking... none of my other interviews had anything like that. :(

I think the writing part will like other schools. I only know USN is the only school which doesn't have writing part. However, I have no clue about speaking part. The interview is not considered the speaking part???

I think the writing part will like other schools. I only know USN is the only school which doesn't have writing part. However, I have no clue about speaking part. The interview is not considered the speaking part???

I just noticed krystal2812 that you applied to the exact same schools I did and then some...lol. Anyways, just wanted to let SDNers know that I got an interview invite also for 2/27 and I am from California.

The writing portion is pretty easy a few i heard were like write about an article in a newspaper you read lately, or whats your favorite magazine and why, pretty basic stuff just to see if you can form thoughts on the spot. There's not any particular right or wrong answer. For the speaking part its reading a drug monologue, like drug XX is an anti-hypertensive, side effects include XX, YY, and ZZ. It's suppose to simulate counseling someone over the phone. Then there's one more speaking part which will ask you another generic question like whats your favorite TV show and why. You have a one minute time maximum for both and talk to a webcamera. I hear these two parts both carry little weight if any, and is more for people who have English as a second language or do not communicate well in general.

3.92 GPA, out of state, and a rejection letter

Same here- Indiana resident, but I go to Illinois State, 2 years pharmacy experience, 91 pcat

Oh well at least I was already accepted to Midwestern and Butler

my science GPA is 3.75, overall is 3.63, have interview on 23rd Feb.
Is it very hard to get in to their program? I am excited but more nervous about the interview.

Same here- Indiana resident, but I go to Illinois State, 2 years pharmacy experience, 91 pcat

That's interesting because I hear Butler is like impossible to get into as a transfer student because it's predominantly a 0-6 program, so they only accept like 10 people a year. Congrats.

Interesting, because when I was there, people in Indiana love Butler so much, and they said it's very very difficult to get there but easy to get in Purdue.

That's interesting because I hear Butler is like impossible to get into as a transfer student because it's predominantly a 0-6 program, so they only accept like 10 people a year. Congrats.

thanks! they have been in the past and that was under the impression that I was under. But they are in the process of building a new pharmacy building and since the interest in pharmacy school has grown so much over the past few years, they expanded their program to incorporate about 30 transfer students.