Anyone hear from Cincinnati yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cubbyphan

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering. Does anyone know what kind of notification system they are on? I thought it would be something like OSU where they immediately put you in one of three categories, but I guess not since I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah i've been complete since july and still haven't heard anything.
Jon

nada aqui tambien...

5 years of spanish.......and thats all i can say. sniff sniff

Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed at Cincinnati i think on september 29th and was accepted on 10/15.

I saw my notification from their applicant website, which is atMedOneStop

Go the 'admissions,' then '2004 applicants,' then 'view app status' or something like that.

Mine was always pretty up to date......

ouch....just found out my status:

No final decision has been reached.
The committee will continue to review applications for several months. Please continue to check this site for any update to your status.

anyone had this status before? and what happened? Is this the same as "HOLD"?

My Cincy status page has said "Application is complete - 8/13/03" for about that long. I took the August MCAT...so they've only had my scores for a little over a month. I assume that's what's holding me back. Ahh, the waiting game...

~H

Hi,

I interviewed on 10/27 and was accepted on 11/18. I found out about my interview and acceptance through the online status page.

In response to Mackaikai, that does not mean a hold. I had that exact statement on my status page until my acceptance. Basically, they take 3 weeks (plus minus a few days) to reach a decision. So, I am pretty sure that statement means that your file has not gone to the committee as yet.

Good luck to all of you!

but it turned to this status 22 days after my interview :(

Originally posted by thesaug
Hi,

I interviewed on 10/27 and was accepted on 11/18. I found out about my interview and acceptance through the online status page.

In response to Mackaikai, that does not mean a hold. I had that exact statement on my status page until my acceptance. Basically, they take 3 weeks (plus minus a few days) to reach a decision. So, I am pretty sure that statement means that your file has not gone to the committee as yet.

Good luck to all of you!

What I did was after three weeks, since the same statement was there, I called up UCinn, and the adcom told me that my file had not gone to the committee yet. If you want, give them a call and find out. Since its been more than three weeks, they should help you out.

Good luck!

Originally posted by mackaikai
ouch....just found out my status:

No final decision has been reached.
The committee will continue to review applications for several months. Please continue to check this site for any update to your status.

anyone had this status before? and what happened? Is this the same as "HOLD"?

Mine says the same thing. I think it means we aren't good enough to keep yet, but good enough not to be rejected yet.

I was there for an interview on 11/18

They said that you should hear back from them in four weeks. But they do send out a hard copy letter to you to inform you of your status.

For those who have been complete for a long time - i was in your same boat... complete around 8/12 or so, but i didnt hear about an interview until Nov 1

good luck... cincy is a great school

I interviewed on 10/14 and acceptance was posted on status page on 10/29. During the interview we were told that decisions would be made probably at the committee meeting 2 weeks after interview... but that it could be as long as 4 wks. I would guess that as they get farther into the interview season the length of time from interview to decision will increase. Good luck. Cincy is an excellent school.

has anyone that interviewed at cincinnati in november heard from the adcoms? I checked the website and I have the message that states "no final decisions have been made," but im not sure if that means my appliations is on hold or has not been reviewed.

Members don't see this ad :)
my status is always "no decision has been made"

so I guess ADCOMS are taking vocations already

Ironic that I asked the exact question this morning. I interviewed their during Thanksgiving week but have not gotten a response. My status page reads "no final decision has been reached....."
Good luck, hope they take you and myself also

my status changed today.... i got placed "on hold" :(

so sad, 3rd "hold, waitlist, CCL" in a row :( i must suck a lot in interviews

Don't despair mackaikai. I was told that their is an 80% chance of acceptance for those placed on hold that interviewed between november and december. So you still have a shot. If you think that you don't interview well then you can do some mock interviews
Hope it works out.

Originally posted by chilla
My status page reads "no final decision has been reached....."
Good luck, hope they take you and myself also

I interviewed in September and was accepted on 10-22. My status was switched from interview granted..... to no final decision...... on 10-15, so I called and they said my file had not been put in front of the ADCOM yet. The next week I was accepted. So, no final decision just means the committee has not reviewed your file. I also have been told the ADCOM meets on Mondays and decisions are posted on the status page Wednesday evenings. Best of luck!

I'm so happy about cincy, found out my acceptance on monday 12/8, interviewed 11/17. I also had the no final decision has been reached message a few days after my interview. The nice thing about cincy is that if you didn't think the interview was satisfactory, you can ask them for another one.

Congradulations smfernando!! :clap:

that should be a congratulations

still waiting to hear from this school. Anyone else? Any news?