Mizzou versus Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Disclaimer: M1 at Mizzou

The ophtho department is located in Columbia, so I am not sure what you meant by them being located 3 hours away. That's the Springfield campus which is just for 3rd year rotations for a select number of students. Also, we usually have a pretty decent ophtho match list (even matched 8 people in 2022) and all of the people I know who are interested haven't had trouble finding research. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about Mizzou med or life in Columbia in general !
 
Disclaimer: M1 at Mizzou

The ophtho department is located in Columbia, so I am not sure what you meant by them being located 3 hours away. That's the Springfield campus which is just for 3rd year rotations for a select number of students. Also, we usually have a pretty decent ophtho match list (even matched 8 people in 2022) and all of the people I know who are interested haven't had trouble finding research. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about Mizzou med or life in Columbia in general !
Woah I thought it was in Springfield for some reason. Thank you for the insight I really appreciate it!
 
If you want ophtho, you should definitely take Cincy over Mizzou, but with that said, I really loved my ophtho interview at Mizzou and would have been really happy there. They should set you up well, especially with so many other *attainable* ophtho programs in the region (KU, UMKC, SLU).