anyone hear from LECOM ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EvilGenius

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone that applied regular decision has heard from LECOM yet... THey told me that they would be making a decision anytime from Feb-May
THanks

Members don't see this ad.

committee had a meeting last friday, thats alli heard, i had an over the phone interview with Dr. Robert. What about you?

when did u have the over the phone interview? nothing for me so far just some emails from Kassie Love saying my file was complete and under review...

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by EvilGenius
when did u have the over the phone interview? nothing for me so far just some emails from Kassie Love saying my file was complete and under review...

I've gotten that response before from Kassie Love +pissed+
*me when I got that letter*
pukeface.gif

so basically that means LECOM's not happening :confused: i wanted to go there and get done in 3 years...

be patient.. maybe it's still going to happen..

I applied early and I got in..

good luck

:cool:

I got jerked around by LECOM last year too. It seems to be normal for them. From what I could tell, they like to get applications REALLY early. They always say that they are "working" on something, or they're "going to meet with the commitee" or whatever. Kassie seems surprised by just about every question that a person could ask her. It's as if she just wandered by the phone and just happened to pick it up by accident. Did they end up getting accredited?

Originally posted by jdpharmd?
I got jerked around by LECOM last year too. It seems to be normal for them. From what I could tell, they like to get applications REALLY early. They always say that they are "working" on something, or they're "going to meet with the commitee" or whatever. Kassie seems surprised by just about every question that a person could ask her. It's as if she just wandered by the phone and just happened to pick it up by accident. Did they end up getting accredited?

Yeah, they got candidate status. I was told by Dr Tuttle, their assistant dean, that I was more than likely to get in. Two months later, he said he was not as optimistic...then they really jerk the chain and gave me waiting list and made me feel like I was the next one they were going to call. In October before school starts, they tell me "Wow, I can't believe how optimistic you are! Please reapply next year" Whats funny is that I really wanted to go to LECOM. Now, my gut feeling is that they built a first rate building with a second rate faculty. After two years, and even flying up to Erie for the open house to meet them in November no less, I'm still bitter over my treatment from the school since I was asking for information from them since early 2001 (They started their program in 2002)
I'm glad to know now that I'm not the only one to feel that way

I don't know what she looks like, big mama just flows very well with her name. Anyways, she's like the minister of information for a communist country during the cold war. Her emails are full of misinformation. For the sake of the pharmacy students there, let's hope they don't run the rest of the school like they run admissions.

Originally posted by 64microbus
I don't know what she looks like, big mama just flows very well with her name. Anyways, she's like the minister of information for a communist country during the cold war. Her emails are full of misinformation. For the sake of the pharmacy students there, let's hope they don't run the rest of the school like they run admissions.

plz share your experiance in this wonderful bit** fest! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've still got an active application over there, so I don't want to get into specifics - a cold war minister of information could be monitoring my posts. But assuming somebody let's me in, I'll be like Jose Canseco. South, you know what I mean by that reference because you're a sports fan. For others that aren't, Canseco has been saying for a couple of years now that he's going to write a book that tells all.