Anyone hear from Miami today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alcon

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
We were told by Dr. Hinkley that we could hear back today (Feb 4) or two weeks from today (Feb 18)...

Anyone get a phone call/e-mail today?

(I guess it's still early... but my cell hasn't left my hand since I got up)

Members don't see this ad.

i haven't heard anything. when did you interview? i interviewed on Jan. 12th, so I'm not sure when i should be hearing back. anyone know?

Hehe I interviewed the same day

I remember Hinkley saying the 4th or 18th

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. I don't know if this will be the same for you but Dr. Hinkley had told us we'd hear on a Wed night, so when I didn't hear on Wed I was bummed, but it turned out that he then called on Thurs. Apparently the admissions peeps can go late into the night so sometimes they don't get word out right away. Anyways, no stress and good luck!

My acceptance email was written at 11:04 pm, so I KNOW they go late into the night.

Originally posted by drlexygoat
My acceptance email was written at 11:04 pm, so I KNOW they go late into the night.

Was this on a Wednesday night?

BTW my interview e-mail came from Dr. Hinkley on a Sunday afternoon... go figure.

Yeah, on wednesday night at 11:04. Stll enough time to go out and celebrate !

Good luck

Is anyone waiting to hear from them about interviewing? I was complete ending of december and still haven't heard anything.

Originally posted by del taco
Is anyone waiting to hear from them about interviewing? I was complete ending of december and still haven't heard anything.

Yea. I've been complete since September and I haven't heard anything. I've basically given up.

11:05 PM

It's over... I better start looking somewhere else

Originally posted by facted
Yea. I've been complete since September and I haven't heard anything. I've basically given up.

Dude: wouldn't you rather go to Sinai anyway?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ewing
Dude: wouldn't you rather go to Sinai anyway?

Yea. Though I do live in Miami (or my family does anyway). But i was just letting del taco that there were others of us who still hadn't heard from Miami...

Keep me posted on everyone's progress! I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news for everyone. Hopefully I'll see some of you next yr.

Originally posted by facted

I just checked the website ewing gave and it said I'm on a ranked waitlist to be interviewed. Are you a Fl resident? You should check it, maybe it's the same thing.

Anyone who had experience being waitlisted for an interview, did you guys get off it, or is this a nice way to prolong the ineviatable rejection?

Yea I checked it too and i'm on the ranked list. Oh well. i'm thinking we're not getting off the list...but who knows.

It doesn't matter facted! You're going to MSSM and that's final! hahahhaha:clap:

I'm on the ranked list too. I wonder if there is any way to find out where exactly on the list I am. Has anybody tried calling them to find out?

I interviewed there about 3 weeks ago, and it still says I'm on the ranked list. So, yeah...dreams do come true, people do get pulled off this ranked list for interviews. It's not a rejection.

my status page says final balloting, i will be notified when a decision is reached.

so, I guess nobody heard yesterday or today regarding acceptances huh? i guess they're going to keep us waiting until Feb. 18th or some other time.

Yeah, I'm in final balloting too.

I guess we'll have to wait until the 18th (but I'm pretty sure we'll hear something then). Too bad, since I have 2 interviews next week and good news from UM would have taken off all the pressure.

How many are you guys are in state?

I'm in state

In state, currently at Univ of Central Florida in Orlando.

Totally psyched to go to UM next year! You all seem like comletely decent and normal people - good luck to everyone.

what do you think your chances are alcon? Pretty good I say?

I have no idea what my chances are. But I sure do fantasize about that call from Hinkley!

Me too buddy...

Time to resuscitate this thread!

Best of luck to all!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!

They could be discussing our files right now!!! Good luck everyone.

Bumpizzle.

Any time now...

Good luck to everybody.

Bump!

I'm kinda tired of waiting... but today could be the day!

The statustrack page seems to not be working at this time... maybe they're updating our status...

...or perhaps I'm becoming paranoid.

status still the same

Sure is. Does all of yours say final balloting?

yup, final balloting.

Mine still says I'm on the ranked list to be interviewed. I interviewed over a month ago.

I guess I'll be giving them a call tomorrow.

HOLY COW

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First acceptance, too!

E-mail came in as I was driving to the U. of Florida for my next interview. Now all the pressure's off!

Originally posted by Alcon
HOLY COW

First acceptance, too!

E-mail came in as I was driving to the U. of Florida for my next interview. Now all the pressure's off!

Good for you.

Seemed like you really wanted this one.

Congratulations.

Originally posted by Alcon
HOLY COW

First acceptance, too!

Congrats!!!