Anyone hear from MSSM this week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpiresAAC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the Mount Sinai admissions committee met yesterday (2/6) to review the last month of interviewed applicants. Anyone hear anything yet? I'm on pins and needles!

Members don't see this ad.

awesome. maybe i'll get my pre-interview rejection now.

how do you "know" they met yesterday? I don't think that's possible...they meet every 4 weeks and send emails the next day...the last batch of emails went out on Weds the 24th, hence the last meeting was tues 1/23, which was only 2 weeks ago...

Members don't see this ad :)
i know because the surgeon who i interviewed with on monday 2/5 told me that my file was being reviewed the next day, tuesday 2/6. so, maybe they review more often than once a month but only email out once a month, i don't know. but i do know that the admissions committee met yesterday to review some applicants' files (including mine). just wasn't sure when the results of that review would be released to applicants.

i know because the surgeon who i interviewed with on monday 2/5 told me that my file was being reviewed the next day, tuesday 2/6. so, maybe they review more often than once a month but only email out once a month, i don't know. but i do know that the admissions committee met yesterday to review some applicants' files (including mine). just wasn't sure when the results of that review would be released to applicants.

The reason your file went to review is b/c MMSM meets every week. I interviewed on a Monday and they told us that our files would go to the weekly meeting the next day. At this meeting they complete your file and talk with your interviewers and such. Then they have a "secret" meeting in about 4-5 weeks. They would not give us an exact date. When I interviewed on 1/22 they said they had just held their top-secret meeting so a new one wouldn't roll around for another month or so. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that totally helps

The reason your file went to review is b/c MMSM meets every week. I interviewed on a Monday and they told us that our files would go to the weekly meeting the next day. At this meeting they complete your file and talk with your interviewers and such. Then they have a "secret" meeting in about 4-5 weeks. They would not give us an exact date. When I interviewed on 1/22 they said they had just held their top-secret meeting so a new one wouldn't roll around for another month or so. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that :thumbup: My heart almost sank because I thought the admissions committee really did have a meeting and I didn't get an email