anyone hear from pcom? waiting for an interview invite...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone:

i am just wondering what everyone's experience with pcom admissions has been this cycle? my file was complete before christmas, but i haven't heard anything. hope i still have a chance!

chos

Members don't see this ad.

chos said:
hi everyone:

i am just wondering what everyone's experience with pcom admissions has been this cycle? my file was complete before christmas, but i haven't heard anything. hope i still have a chance!

chos

I'm in your exact boat, I've been complete since about september and havent heard a single word. Everytime I call, they just say we cant tell you anything, your applicationi is being processed. :( I dont know and its really late in the game.. I think its hopeless, but who knows. GOOD LUCK THOUGH!! have you been accepted elsewhere?

Complete since September and still nothing? Wow, that stinks.

It just makes me think on my school with that much more pride. Heck, when my application came up for re-review at TUCOM-LV (I was waitlisted, but then I turned in my new MCAT score, and the admissions director said that he would take it to the dean himself for reconsideration), he was at a conference but gave me his personal cell number to call if I had questions. Without a doubt, the admissions offices and directors at both Touro's are top-notch!

Members don't see this ad :)
no. i haven't been accepted elsewhere. although i had to limit my applications geographically because i have a small child and we have to try and stay within about 2 hours from where my husband works. ugh.

MichellePhilly said:
I'm in your exact boat, I've been complete since about september and havent heard a single word. Everytime I call, they just say we cant tell you anything, your applicationi is being processed. :( I dont know and its really late in the game.. I think its hopeless, but who knows. GOOD LUCK THOUGH!! have you been accepted elsewhere?

chos said:
no. i haven't been accepted elsewhere. although i had to limit my applications geographically because i have a small child and we have to try and stay within about 2 hours from where my husband works. ugh.

join the club. bupkis from pcom here too

I've been complete for about 2 months at pcom and I haven't heard anything either...they're probably spending too much time eating cheese steaks and not enough going over our apps :D

Add another to your list of not hearing anything from PCOM.

Somehow all the potential/accepted NYCOMers are finding themselves on this list... chalk one more up. I was complete in early November, still no word.
And HEY don't diss Philly man. Our public transportation system (Septic, er I mean, Septa) sucks, but like their slogan says... We're getting there... ;)

Same here, complete since early november, PA resident. Rumor has it they end the interview process in March, yet there are a ton of people who havent even been reviewed yet. Im starting to think the worst at this point

I e-mailed PCOM yesterday and they told me that my file was missing a letter from the UG school I went to 10 years ago. If you have not heard from them call them up to make sure that your file is complete they will not let you know that you are missing something.

EMT2ER-DOC said:
I e-mailed PCOM yesterday and they told me that my file was missing a letter from the UG school I went to 10 years ago. If you have not heard from them call them up to make sure that your file is complete they will not let you know that you are missing something.

Exactly the same thing happened to me! I graduated 15 years ago, and recently completed a post-bac program which submitted a glowing LOR for me, but Noooooo, STILL they wanted a letter from my UG college. :confused: So finally after much negotiation, a letter stating only that I went to that UG school and my stats, was sent out today to PCOM. It seems totally ridiculous to me but my application sat for 4 months incomplete waiting on that. Do they have a policy of discrimination against non-traditional students or somefing? Who knows what will happen now. It is very late in the game. Keep posting and tell me how it ends for you. :luck:

That is definitely an unfortunate situation, but I would highly doubt any discrimination against non-trads...as there are a bunch in my class

Aggravating. They kept losing my ROLs and Committee Letter from my UG. File would have been complete in October if they hadn't lost it the first time. After the 2nd time, I said screw it.

Members don't see this ad :)
ive been complete since september also and havent heard a word. the few times i have called they just tell me that they are still reviewing my app.

I just talked to a friend who said she just got an email from pcom for an interview...she's been complete for only a month

the exact same thing is happening with my file.... <sigh>

JasonUD said:
I just talked to a friend who said she just got an email from pcom for an interview...she's been complete for only a month

what kind of stats does she have, if u don't want to give that just give the range, also when is her interview, beginning of month, middle of month, end of month (march or april i presume), did she do anything special to get the interview (i.e. talk to the dean), i am hoping to hear from them as well.

I called PCOM last thursday and they told me that the last interview date will be march 30th

shawmahmed said:
what kind of stats does she have, if u don't want to give that just give the range, also when is her interview, beginning of month, middle of month, end of month (march or april i presume), did she do anything special to get the interview (i.e. talk to the dean), i am hoping to hear from them as well.

Her gpa is around average and MCAT below (i'm not going to give the exact numbers because they're not mine), an out of state resident, and didn't talk to the dean as far as I know....it's scheduled for the first week of march

JasonUD said:
Her gpa is around average and MCAT below (i'm not going to give the exact numbers because they're not mine), an out of state resident, and didn't talk to the dean as far as I know....it's scheduled for the first week of march

thanx, below average MCAT=19-24?

chos said:
hi everyone:

chos

Chalk me up on the list as well, I was complete before October and haven't heard a thing. I called them and they said all they could tell me was that I am complete... thanks a lot.

nvshelat said:
Somehow all the potential/accepted NYCOMers are finding themselves on this list... chalk one more up. I was complete in early November, still no word.
And HEY don't diss Philly man. Our public transportation system (Septic, er I mean, Septa) sucks, but like their slogan says... We're getting there... ;)

Yeah! Add me to this list as well -- I haven't heard a thing either, and I too have been complete since mid-September. I called a couple of times and all they could tell me was that my app was complete. The woman I spoke to had no idea about anything else.... :mad:

Marimba82 said:
Yeah! Add me to this list as well -- I haven't heard a thing either, and I too have been complete since mid-September. I called a couple of times and all they could tell me was that my app was complete. The woman I spoke to had no idea about anything else.... :mad:

Come on niños!

None of this is specific to PCOM, I got the same or similar replies from other ADCOMS , it is just the nature of the beast.

Don't hate on PCOM for it... :thumbup: Best wishes and if PCOM is the place where you need to be I hope you get accepted...

I haven't heard anything from them either.

PlasticMan said:
Add another to your list of not hearing anything from PCOM.