Anyone hear from the following programs yet???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbizzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hampton, Howard, Marymount, Scranton, UM-Flint, Alabama State

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The only thing I've gotten is a message from Marymount saying they received my application and it would be under review. That was about two weeks ago. I do know that their website says interviews are at the end of Jan, and since apps were due today, I'm going to assume thats why it may take some time to hear back from them.

That's the only school on the list that I applied to.

i applied to marymount and scranton our of the programs you listed.

i got a email from scranton saying they will review apps starting jan 1st.

im not sure i ever received an e-mail from marymount. i may have. im not 100% sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I got the same "we received your app/under review" emails. I guess these schools dont review until the deadline has passed. I probably wont go to Marymount because im not too sure about PBL instruction, which I just realized they used it.

I got an email from marymount saying that they received my app and it was going to be forwarded to the program coordinator but, that they needed me to provide them with my SSN - anyone else get this?

I got an email from marymount saying that they received my app and it was going to be forwarded to the program coordinator but, that they needed me to provide them with my SSN - anyone else get this?
Hey yes, I got this email in september (I applied way early). I called them instead and gave it to her. She was ncie, they need it for FAFSA.

oh good..I also called (she was super nice) but afterwords I freaked out for a minute thinking maybe it wasn't really someone from the school haha

I didn't get an interview email to Marymount last year until around December 19-20, so I would think that you all should be hearing from them within the next several weeks. Good luck!

I didn't get an interview email to Marymount last year until around December 19-20, so I would think that you all should be hearing from them within the next several weeks. Good luck!
Hey VA, Did you attend the interview?

oh good..I also called (she was super nice) but afterwords I freaked out for a minute thinking maybe it wasn't really someone from the school haha

Yeah, what are your feelings about PBL at Marymount?

I also didn't realize they used PBL until a few weeks ago when I was reading their curriculum. Although I don't have experience with it, I think PBL would a challenging but, effective method to teach students how to think on the job, like a PT. I'm not sure if it will be a good learning strategy for me or not though. I hope they provide us more insight at the interview.

My boyfriend lives in Arlington and I'll be down there the weekend of the 17th (too bad my Shenandoah interview is in Jan - but just another reason to go back haha) I'm going to try to stop in, I'll let you know if I find out anything useful

I also didn't realize they used PBL until a few weeks ago when I was reading their curriculum. Although I don't have experience with it, I think PBL would be a challenging but, effective method to teach students how to think on the job, like a PT. I'm not sure if it will be a good learning strategy for me or not though. I hope they provide us more insight at the interview.

My boyfriend lives in Arlington and I'll be down there the weekend of the 17th (too bad my Shenandoah interview is in Jan - but just another reason to go back haha) I'm going to try to stop in, I'll let you know if I find out anything useful

editing- not sure why this posted twice, sorry. I don't know how to delete it?

bizzle - did you apply to miami and fiu too? i thought i remember you saying that. did you hear back from them at all?

Members don't see this ad :)
I only applied to FIU not UMiami. There's no way I was wasting $30 on Miami when I've seen the stats of some applicants for Miami. I haven't heard from FIU yet, probably in January is when we will hear from them. Although I am just realizing that FIU is pretty competitive to get into also so I'm not expecting anything from them. After Miami and USF, FIU is a popular pick for students here in Florida, not to mention out of state applicants. Their website did say they like to promote the progression of minorities into the field of PT, so I thought I would have a shot but not banking on it.

I only applied to FIU not UMiami. There's no way I was wasting $30 on Miami when I've seen the stats of some applicants for Miami. I haven't heard from FIU yet, probably in January is when we will hear from them. Although I am just realizing that FIU is pretty competitive to get into also so I'm not expecting anything from them. After Miami and USF, FIU is a popular pick for students here in Florida, not to mention out of state applicants. Their website did say they like to promote the progression of minorities into the field of PT, so I thought I would have a shot but not banking on it.

Where did it say that? On the website? If so...links?

Seriously? Links? Or right it's you again LMFAO. Google "FIU DPT" and click the link. Read the welcome message. Also, when I peruse their website before I esubmitted in august they had a "why choose FIU" portion and on there it says that. I forget how to get to it but I remember reading it. You know what here's the link http://cnhs.fiu.edu/pt/ lol

Seriously? Links? Or right it's you again LMFAO. Google "FIU DPT" and click the link. Read the welcome message. Also, when I peruse their website before I esubmitted in august they had a "why choose FIU" portion and on there it says that. I forget how to get to it but I remember reading it. You know what here's the link http://cnhs.fiu.edu/pt/ lol

Preciate the help bro! lol, now folks here is a True American: jbizzle! lol, dang I should have applied there! With my spanish and experience in Mexico, I think I would have been a strong candidate! Did you have to write an essay for them or no?

And do you think it's too late to get accepted by Touro? How does it work if you add schools to the PTCAS after they verify it? Is it a quicker process or what?

Preciate the help bro! lol, now folks here is a True American: jbizzle! lol, dang I should have applied there! With my spanish and experience in Mexico, I think I would have been a strong candidate! Did you have to write an essay for them or no?

WHAT?!?!?! Your GPA already makes you a strong candidate. And the fact you know how to speak Spanish is an advantage. Here in Florida it comes in handy during clincals or in my case volunteer hours. I'm Filipino, but people think I'm Hispanic and assume I know how to translate for the PTs I shadowed.

No supplemental essay, just the default essay for PTCAS

I applied to Marymount and FIU and haven't heard anything form them yet...But my PTCAS hasn't been processed yet either. Grr.

As for their PBL, I think the concept is good....but I am also a planner so if I end up going here, I wonder how 'thinking on my feet' will go. Does anyone know if other schools implement this?

And do you think it's too late to get accepted by Touro? How does it work if you add schools to the PTCAS after they verify it? Is it a quicker process or what?

I would assume they will just send it out. It's already been verified so they'll just mail everything out. As for Touro, IDK. It's but a month since they sent out the initial acceptance letters. Even though I sent in my deposit (which is so damn expensive especially now that Christmas is coming) I'm still heavily considering Shenandoah and waiting to hear from temple. Anyway, some people may have declined the acceptance and there may or may not be seats open. That one I can't really even give a good guess on.

I was talking to one of the therapists at the clinic I work at today and PBL came up. She was telling me about the Pittsburgh area schools, specifically Pitt, Duquesne, Chatham, (and Slippery Rock a bit). She told me they've gotten students from all 4 schools and they all are well prepared but she noticed that although Chatham students seem to have the most ideas for treatment options, they have trouble deciding which one would be the best for the patient. Chatham uses PBL, so she was implying that the confusion was a result of the PBL. (She went to Duquesne)

arvest - It's much quicker if you add schools. I've done it a few times and it took a week maximum, usually just a few days. Your app will go out to the schools you add on the next mailing date

I was talking to one of the therapists at the clinic I work at today and PBL came up. She was telling me about the Pittsburgh area schools, specifically Pitt, Duquesne, Chatham, (and Slippery Rock a bit). She told me they've gotten students from all 4 schools and they all are well prepared but she noticed that although Chatham students seem to have the most ideas for treatment options, they have trouble deciding which one would be the best for the patient. Chatham uses PBL, so she was implying that the confusion was a result of the PBL. (She went to Duquesne)

arvest - It's much quicker if you add schools. I've done it a few times and it took a week maximum, usually just a few days. Your app will go out to the schools you add on the next mailing date

Do I have to pay the initial $120 then 35 dollars for every app afterwards? Or is it just $35 from here on out?

guys did anyone hear back from Franklin Pierce ? Or have any insides on how the interview process looks like ?

guys did anyone hear back from Franklin Pierce ? Or have any insides on how the interview process looks like ?

I have heard back from FPU-Goodyear and was accepted. I will be committing. I know of one other person from my area to be accepted there as well. Anyone else committing to FPU (AZ campus)?

Congrats ! How was the interview process as well as campus area ? I'm having my interview next week, do you have any tips for me ? lol ;)

has anyone heard from thomas jefferson yet?
Hahaha! Theres one person on here that has. Check out the acceptance sticky. I definitely thought WE wouldn't hear until 2011 but.....

got an email tonight from Marymount requesting an interview on the 29th. Just a heads up!

got an email tonight from Marymount requesting an interview on the 29th. Just a heads up!

Same here. I will have to decline the interview though, as I already have an interview lined up with UCSF for the 29th.

Damn, that is short notice. meh, I don't think im getting an interview invite.

My mistake...JANUARY 29th. Should have clarified. I don't know if I'm going to decline it yet or postpone the interview. My coworker applied as well (her PTCAS was submitted a month later) so if she gets an interview, we'll both go.