Anyone hear from VCU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard the adcom was meeting today...any news?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard the adcom was meeting today...any news?

well...what I heard is that March 1st is when they are going to announce waitlist and D.5 program. I think it's 10 people each = roughly about 20 people will get selected.

i interviewed on 2/2, and they told us that we would know on 2/23!

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called VCU right now, he said the final acceptances were announced today, but the alternate list and D.5 programs will be announced in the next few weeks. I really have my fingers crossed for this one, VCU has always been my top choice.

did they say how they were announced? did they call, aadsas update, email???

Anymore news? I called and was informed that AADSAS was updated last night. I'm still waiting, too.

does aadsas lag? i hope its lagging...

It's weird that no one that has gotten in today has posted :-/

it has been almost 7 months since my last update from VCU. :)

This is getting excruciating! Zubnaya Feya, did you get an interview?

who has received an offer?! OUT WITH IT!

apparently nobody according to predents and SDN. I think their story does not add up. Colin is single-handedly driving dozens of people insane tonight haha

has anyone called up the Main Headquarters today? does colin still stand by these claims?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't quote me on this...but i'm pretty sure they make phone calls. It's entirely possible that changed this year, but my classmates who got in later rounds last year were notified via phone call according to them. Good luck everyone!!

Scotty

hey all you vcu folk in waiting out there. I just spoke with the nice woman there in the admissions office and I asked if calls were made for offers. According to her, no calls were made for offers. Only US postal and aADSAS updates were done this time. Maybe that changed since last year Scotty? I remember folks being called this time last year. As for me, nada yet. Hope this helps, and I sure do hope to join these great students at VCU! Congrats to those who are in!
Dan

hey all you vcu folk in waiting out there. I just spoke with the nice woman there in the admissions office and I asked if calls were made for offers. According to her, no calls were made for offers. Only US postal and aADSAS updates were done this time. Maybe that changed since last year Scotty? I remember folks being called this time last year. As for me, nada yet. Hope this helps, and I sure do hope to join these great students at VCU! Congrats to those who are in!
Dan

Well, I hope you hear something from them bro. I guess the phone call thing did change this year. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Scotty

Well, I hope you hear something from them bro. I guess the phone call thing did change this year. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Scotty

cross'em, tie'em, fold'em, hold'em... I am feeling the love man. Thanks!

Is VCU still interviewing? Do they actually have seats left?

Is VCU still interviewing? Do they actually have seats left?

No, they are done interviewing people.
1st, 2nd, 3rd rounds are all over and the only thing left for us is waitlist and D.5 on March 1st.

is it safe to assume that if no updates have been made on aadsas = no acceptance? only waitlist and D.5 spots left?

No, they are done interviewing people.
1st, 2nd, 3rd rounds are all over and the only thing left for us is waitlist and D.5 on March 1st.

I called up there and the office stated that the d.5/waitlist meeting is not set yet. She said it may be anytime in the next 2-3 months. Also, I asked Dr. Healy if all VA seats were filled. when I get a response from DR. Healy I'll post an update. Hope this helps

2-3 months? lol

They want to see if we can survive from chocking to death.
Whoever survives chocking deserves to be a dentist because....dentists should never chock while performing a surgery...:confused::idea:

ok, lady at front desk was a bit off. Dr. Healy suggests that D.5 and alternates will be decided in the next two weeks. Much bettter huh? and, choking during surg...believe it or not I've seen it. It was more of a coughing fit turned choke. From the patient's perspective...a lil' disturbing. Good luck all and God speed
Dan

hi everyone, just wanted to let those who are anxiously waiting for news, that Dr. Healy called today and offered an acceptance to me.

good luck everyone!

p.s. my aadsas has not been updated and still reads "invited for interview"

hi everyone, just wanted to let those who are anxiously waiting for news, that Dr. Healy called today and offered an acceptance to me.

good luck everyone!

Wow~! Congratulations~!
Was it acceptance instead of waitlist/D.5?
Maybe they had an empty spot and there was no reason to put you on the waitlist.
VCU is a good school.

good luck everyone!

Hi, Congrats! Are you going to VCU or ASDOH? I think I was at the interview with you. ;)

Wow~! Congratulations~!
Was it acceptance instead of waitlist/D.5?
Maybe they had an empty spot and there was no reason to put you on the waitlist.
VCU is a good school.

Thanks!, and yes it was acceptance instead of waitlist/D.5 :) VCU is a great school! I am so grateful and words cannot describe how thankful I am. I do have a tough decision ahead of me though, ASDOH vs. VCU.

to medcom kid: since you're a VA resident (I saw your predents profile) I think I know who you are! :D how is the app process going for you? I hope that things are going well!!

Hi Toothsuccess! I think I know who you are, too. ;) I actually remember all the people that were at the interview with me that day. I'm happy for you. I'm still waiting to hear from the schools. I'm heading out on a mission trip so I really hope that I'd hear something soon before I am disconnected with the modern world. ;}

Hi Toothsuccess! I think I know who you are, too. ;) I actually remember all the people that were at the interview with me that day. I'm happy for you. I'm still waiting to hear from the schools. I'm heading out on a mission trip so I really hope that I'd hear something soon before I am disconnected with the modern world. ;}

aw, good luck!! i'm rooting for you!! I think I'm leaning more towards attending ASDOH (I had already sent in my deposit when Dr. Healy notified me), so if anything, a spot at VCU will open up! Just remember to never give up! my dad always told me, if there's a will, there's a way. PM me if you have any questions, I'm here to help!!

I wish you all the best on your mission trip, and don't give up hope! Trust that God has a great plan for you :)

big congrats to you tooth success! Thanks for sharing; it is encouraging.
Best of luck w/deciding

Hi Toothsuccess,
thanks for the encouragement. ;) I trust that it's all up to God. I have given my best and did what I can do. As a human being, I do feel sad and frustrated at times but deeply inside my heart, I know that God has me in His hand. Also, don't give up VCU just because you've already paid ASDOH though I see that ASDOH is much nearer to you home. ;) Thanks for extending your help. I'll definitely bother you when I need your help. If you're interested in Christian missionary work, please let me know. Thanks. ;)

Master Pain,
you've been so helpful, too. I wish you the best. ;)

Hi Toothsuccess,
thanks for the encouragement. ;) I trust that it's all up to God. I have given my best and did what I can do. As a human being, I do feel sad and frustrated at times but deeply inside my heart, I know that God has me in His hand. Also, don't give up VCU just because you've already paid ASDOH though I see that ASDOH is much nearer to you home. ;) Thanks for extending your help. I'll definitely bother you when I need your help. If you're interested in Christian missionary work, please let me know. Thanks. ;)

Master Pain,
you've been so helpful, too. I wish you the best. ;)

glad to have been helpful medcom. I hope you get in! My guess is that Dr. Healy will be making some phone calls in the next two weeks or so. I'll post when I here anything else. hey, where is your mission trip taking you? Good to see you out there doing His will. Grace and Peace

glad to have been helpful medcom. I hope you get in! My guess is that Dr. Healy will be making some phone calls in the next two weeks or so. I'll post when I here anything else. hey, where is your mission trip taking you? Good to see you out there doing His will. Grace and Peace

Hi Master Pain,

I'm heading to Vietnam with Vets with a Mission for about 3 weeks. I'm so happy that I'm blessed with this opportunity to serve Yahweh. I will definitely do more and I hope to be able do much more in the future for His glory. Dr. Healy has been so kind me to. Although my gpa and dat are not that bad, I think the Admissions Committee is pulling their hair out deciding my case because I do have other un-normalized factors. ;)

I trust that if God will, He will give me the sincere desire of my heart but I pray that it's all for His glory and not mine.

I hope that you will get in, too. Remember the Lord, God in all your ways and blessings will surely follow you.

Hi Master Pain,

I'm heading to Vietnam with Vets with a Mission for about 3 weeks. I'm so happy that I'm blessed with this opportunity to serve Yahweh. I will definitely do more and I hope to be able do much more in the future for His glory. Dr. Healy has been so kind me to. Although my gpa and dat are not that bad, I think the Admissions Committee is pulling their hair out deciding my case because I do have other un-normalized factors. ;)

I trust that if God will, He will give me the sincere desire of my heart but I pray that it's all for His glory and not mine.

I hope that you will get in, too. Remember the Lord, God in all your ways and blessings will surely follow you.

It's great to stay positive, forgive me, but you sound so bubbly lol.
What will you do if you don't get in?
best of luck and enjoy your time in vietnam (do you have to find funding for it yourself?)

It's great to stay positive, forgive me, but you sound so bubbly lol.
What will you do if you don't get in?
best of luck and enjoy your time in vietnam (do you have to find funding for it yourself?)

Hello wantVCUdental,

Thanks for the "luck" wish! ;)

Yes, I do have to come up with the funding myself. All of the money that Vets with a Mission raised goes to the missionary work for the benefits of the people. Participants have to pay for everything if they want to go. I've been working full time while going to school so I am able to afford it this time. I encourage you to check out their homepage. Just google Vets with a Mission.

I will apply again next year if I don't get in. I hope that I get in this year so that I don't have to waste another year trying to prove that I will be able to succeed in dental school. I also believe that everything is in the Lord's hand. He even numbered our hair strands. ;)

Good luck to you, too.

medcom, that's great. I have a few patients from Vietnam that are quite unique folks. Hey, I really like your style. This is my fourth year trying to get in, and faith in the Almighty is the only thing keeping me sane. I appreciate your encouraging words and I do know that He has a plans for me (discovering what they are is the fun part). Stay strong and bold in your faith, and have a most excellent adventure to the other side of the world...

Hey guys...not sure if all the waitlist spots are picked yet, but a friend of mine was offered one today via phone call from Dr. Healy. Still have my fingers crossed for you guys!!

Scotty

Hey guys...not sure if all the waitlist spots are picked yet, but a friend of mine was offered one today via phone call from Dr. Healy. Still have my fingers crossed for you guys!!

Scotty

Hi Scotty,
thanks for the info. ;)

medcom, that's great. I have a few patients from Vietnam that are quite unique folks. Hey, I really like your style. This is my fourth year trying to get in, and faith in the Almighty is the only thing keeping me sane. I appreciate your encouraging words and I do know that He has a plans for me (discovering what they are is the fun part). Stay strong and bold in your faith, and have a most excellent adventure to the other side of the world...

Master Pain,

I'm so glad to have met you here. I realize that you're from VA Beach. I'm from Hampton. Please don't tell me that your name starts with the letter D or I might know exactly who you are. ;) I'm holding on tight to my faith. Don't be discouraged. God makes everything beautiful in His time. Our faith is eternal. Cast all your care and burden upon Him. Thanks for treating the Vietnamese patients with tender care. I hope you can share with them the Love of Christ, too. I'll remember you in my prayers! :oops:

Scotty
Thanks Scotty. Is your freind an in or out-of-stater?

Master Pain,

I'm so glad to have met you here. I realize that you're from VA Beach. I'm from Hampton. Please don't tell me that your name starts with the letter D or I might know exactly who you are. ;) I'm holding on tight to my faith. Don't be discouraged. God makes everything beautiful in His time. Our faith is eternal. Cast all your care and burden upon Him. Thanks for treating the Vietnamese patients with tender care. I hope you can share with them the Love of Christ, too. I'll remember you in my prayers! :oops:

hmmm..you got me there! I don't do a great job of hiding who I am on here. And yes, when the conditions are right sharing my faith does come into play. Becoming friends with patients is a perk of our profession and one I have come to appreciate daily. I do hope we cross paths there in Richmond! Thank you for your prayers,
Dan

hmmm..you got me there! I don't do a great job of hiding who I am on here. And yes, when the conditions are right sharing my faith does come into play. Becoming friends with patients is a perk of our profession and one I have come to appreciate daily. I do hope we cross paths there in Richmond! Thank you for your prayers,
Dan

Yeah Dan! We were in the same classes (martial arts, A&P, and ochem)! ;) We're friends on FB, too. It could be that we recognize one another because we're bro & sis in Christ - we share the same faith. ;) I hope that our roads will cross once again the next four years. I remember when my lab partner in OChem dropped the class and I had to do everything on my own, for the whole semester, you were always there to help me gather stuff so that I could finish in time. You're a kind and caring person and the world needs more people like you. ;)

Can you guess who I am now? ehehehehhe

Ha, I know who you are now! It took me about 10 min's or so, but I gotcha. you're so funny. I'll hit you on facebook later..have fun and may our God keep you safe on your trip.
See ya soon!
DT

Thanks Scotty. Is your freind an in or out-of-stater?

Hey dude...she's an out of stater and turned it down because she was accepted at a different school. I hope all is well!!

Scotty

Has anybody been wait listed on or before March 5th? Were you called or updated on AADSAS? Mine was through AADSAS.
I am curious how many of us are on the list. I am an out of stater.
Thanks

Hey dude...she's an out of stater and turned it down because she was accepted at a different school. I hope all is well!!

Scotty
Good for her! Things are getting thick here dude. I'm working hard on a MS project right now (bisphosphonate related osteonecrosis of the jaw) and possibly wrapping up a MS in bio in the late summer (if I can squeeze in enough credits). I'm sure you all are chin deep yourselves...

Good for her! Things are getting thick here dude. I'm working hard on a MS project right now (bisphosphonate related osteonecrosis of the jaw) and possibly wrapping up a MS in bio in the late summer (if I can squeeze in enough credits). I'm sure you all are chin deep yourselves...

Yeah bro...lots of practicals and exams. It's all good tho only 3 more days until break!! Good luck with the MS!

Scotty

So according to Colin, he says they are actually right in the middle of deciding alternate and D.5 candidates right now. They should have it done by "mid-March" or pretty much within the next week. We will hear from Dr. Healy and/or get a status change if we're selected.