anyone heard about interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anaismd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard about interviews yet
from anywhere?
ive only heard from u of maryland

Members don't see this ad.

So far, I have interview offers from UC San Diego, Wash U, UPenn, and Yale. I am really trying to get everyone arranged so that I have only have to go to the East Coast once and the West Coast only once. Hope that the offers continue to roll in for everyone!

i applied to ucsd but haven't heard a thing from them
but did hear from upenn and yale and duke
also univ washington and harbor-ucla
someone told me the ucla program will wait until after the dean's letter to send out interviews

know anything about the ucsf program? it seems like an awesome program but so many people have told me the residents are rumored to be really overworked and unhappy

thanks mbk

Members don't see this ad :)
These are the programs that I have been offered interviews from so far
WashU
UCSD
UPenn
Yale
Johns Hopkins
Indiana
UCLA
UCSF (The last two have been in the last 3 days).
Still waiting to hear from MGH-McLean, Columbia, and Stanford. I am guessing that these programs wait until after Dean's letters are released.

As far as the nature of life at these programs, the rumors that I have heard are that UCSF residents are very overworked and that Columbia residents are very competitive and cut-throat. Otherwise, I have very little information quality of life issues at the other programs I applied to.

It seems like we have applied to a lot of the same programs. Hope that I will see you out on the interview trail!

MBK2003

Congrats on all your interviews!

I haven't heard a word from UCSD, UCLA, or UCSF. Trying not to get too discouraged though. I don't know if these programs just don't invite for interviews or actually let you know if you haven't been invited. Too bad though!

But I have heard from Duke, Mt Sinai, Albert Einstein, Pittsburgh, UPenn, UWash, Yale, Stanford, and UCLA-Harbor, as well as UMaryland

What's your source for the Columbia residents being cutthroat?
Hadn't heard that at all so thanks for the info.
Email me if you want to share info.
Looks like I will be seeing you on the interview trail!

:cool:

I've heard from the following:

Yale
Brown
Albert Einstein @ LIJ/Hillside Hospital
UPenn
Albert Einstein
Northwestern
U Michigan
USC
UC Irvine (3 days ago)

I am also anxiously waiting to hear from UCLA. Anyone have any inside information about these programs? It sounds like I might see some of you on the interview trail! Best of luck to you all.

i only have info on two of the programs you applied to.
firstly, albert einstein is an awesome program with the only big drawback being the neighborhood. one of my attendings trained there and loved it! in fact, he said that one resident transferrd to their program from columbia.

as far as northwestern goes, i don't have any real info on that program specifically, but my best friend who goes to med school in chicago and is applying to psych told me that UIC is the only real show in town. all the other programs are in a mess with either the chairman or the pd being uncertain or a slew of other problems within the departments. on the other hand, nw has a great reputation nationally.

hope this helps!

and all you psych applicants out there: lets get this forum going and help each other out during this ORDEAL

Anais,

Where are you located? Any good psych programs in your area?

EBA

the uwisc-madison program is the only other program i can think of around here that is really good besides uic--or so ive heard.

This week I heard from UCLA and Rush-Presbyterian in Chicago. Anyone else hear from any programs?

I have heard from UCLA, UCSD, and Columbia in the last week or so.

heard from harvard longwood.

finally!
i was starting to get a little worried there since you guys have heard from quite a few places i applied to but which havent contacted me yet

hooray!:clap:

I have heard from 10 of the 11 that I applied to, with Stanford being the only program I have not heard from yet. I am attempting to get my travel plans consolidated and airline tickets purchased, next week. Since I have an interview at UCSF on a Wednesday, I would love to get Stanford on the following Thursday or Friday. Do you think I should call them and ask whether they plan on offering me an interview? Some people have told me that this would be very presumptuous (people going into very competitive fields). However, I want to get travel plans together soon. Any advise?

Melissa

Hi:

All you guys out on the interview trail - is this a competitive year for psych? How tough are things looking?

M-

Go ahead and call and let them know about your situation and how you're planning on being in the area. They're really nice, especially in the psych dept