Anyone heard back from GT SMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by TabascoMD
i got the email today!!

Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are most people applying to med schools while they are in the GT SMP program?

Originally posted by NRAI2001
Are most people applying to med schools while they are in the GT SMP program?

from what i heard, yes...

i hear that most ppl apply the summer they start SMP program and others apply the summer they graduate from the program.

Originally posted by gintien
from what i heard, yes...

i hear that most ppl apply the summer they start SMP program and others apply the summer they graduate from the program.

If you are applying while at GT, do they help u out? Someone told me that they have many contacts and they talk to them and try to help u get in, is this true?

Originally posted by NRAI2001
If you are applying while at GT, do they help u out? Someone told me that they have many contacts and they talk to them and try to help u get in, is this true?

I don't know if they will call their contacts to help you. But I know that they send transcript updates to all the schools you are applying to twice. That is why they ask for two copies of address labels for each of the schools you are applying to.

O ok, so they kinda do help u out if you are waitlisted.

do you guys know the admissions office phone number? i need to call because of a mix up with my letters or rec. thanks

Every time I tried calling the admissions office, I got an answering machine. I would email Ms. Cabiness ([email protected]). She responds very quickly. I also had a mixup with my transcripts and she took care of it in a day and I was accepted today.

Good luck!

hey - actually, she just got back to me. you're right - she is quick! anyway, how long did it take to get your decision after your application was complete and went into review? i'm really anxious to make at least some plan for next year! congrats and thanks for your help.

Medstylee,

Thanks! Well, my application was a bit awkward. Once your app is complete, they will usually send you an email that says you will hear back from them in 6-8 weeks. My friend had everything in mid-January and heard his reponse in late Febuary. As for me, I submitted my app before him but heard back today. However, that was due to a mix-up at the graduate office. For some weird reason, they thought I attended St. Louis University and were waiting for my transcript from them. Let me know if I can be of more help.

Congrats premed :) Glad to hear you got in. Looks like i'll see you in august.

Thanks guys!

So I had a question about my apps. My MCAT is from August 2002 and expires after this next application cycle. I applied this year but havn't had a single interview invite. Do you think I should even apply while attending GT SMP next year? The only thing different on my app will be 13 units of A's in science classes, working for 1 year as a lab tech, and that I will be pursuing a M.S. at GT. If I don't apply this June, because of the time commitment of the SMP, I will have to retake my MCAT this August. Any advice?

Originally posted by medstylee
do you guys know the admissions office phone number? i need to call because of a mix up with my letters or rec. thanks

hah, another PIKE...im one at UCLA...or used to be b4 i had to DA cuz of no money

in reference to the post above about mcat scores from august 2002 expiring... at most those scores should hold up for another cycle, correct (this summer and summer 2005)??

for all of you looking for housing for gtown smp (im currently in it), i have a great place for next year....as you can probably figure out, dc is pricey, so my place is pricey. but, it is a 7 min walk from school, its very large, and its much cheaper than a comparable place. i have a great landlord, and i really dont intend to take my furniture with me next year....pm me if you are ever interested.