You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone heard back from GT SMP?
Started by premed
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You know what's funny...My friend got an email saying 6-8 weeks for a response and he got accepted in about 20 days. On the other hand, I got a notification that they will give me a decision ASAP, but I have yet to hear. I only know of 2 people that have been accepted. One is a friend and the other posted on the GT SMP forum that she was accepted. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by TabascoMD
Dr. myers said on the smp forum that he expects around 500 applications.
Wow that is quite a bit, who is Dr. Myers?
Dr. Adam Myers is the director of the GT SMP program. Here is the link to the GT SMP page:
http://www.georgetown.edu/departments/physiology/physios/
Also, you can learn more about the program in this forum. Dr. Myers actually reads this forum and replies. Here is the link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/physios/
Good luck!
http://www.georgetown.edu/departments/physiology/physios/
Also, you can learn more about the program in this forum. Dr. Myers actually reads this forum and replies. Here is the link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/physios/
Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted Today. MCAT=31 GPA=3.0
Sea Monkey,
When did you apply?? I'm so confused. I had everything in by first week of January with a 3.03 cum GPA, 2.91 BCPM, 3.32 non-science, and 33Q MCAT. Is it because of my BCPM GPA not being above 3.0?? BTW, my UCLA school GPA is well above 3.0 in all categories. It's just that AAMC counts some failed courses I took when I was a 1st year (while UCLA lets me replace the grade). 🙁 Why do I have such bad luck...
When did you apply?? I'm so confused. I had everything in by first week of January with a 3.03 cum GPA, 2.91 BCPM, 3.32 non-science, and 33Q MCAT. Is it because of my BCPM GPA not being above 3.0?? BTW, my UCLA school GPA is well above 3.0 in all categories. It's just that AAMC counts some failed courses I took when I was a 1st year (while UCLA lets me replace the grade). 🙁 Why do I have such bad luck...
Originally posted by seamonkey229
Just got accepted Today. MCAT=31 GPA=3.0
Congradulations foo.
Originally posted by Airzonk
good lord a 3.0 gpa and 31 mcat doesn't get you into medical school? Was this because of limited experience and your LORS or really a 3.0 gpa. Seems odd?
3.0 gpa is kinda low isn't it? Do good at GT and that ll raise ur GPA and will look mondo good. 31 mcat is pretty good.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by jbing
waitlisted, 33 mcat (10,10,13 V), 3.01 at top public school, 3.19 postbacc science, publication, tons of research and volunteer.
3.199 post bacc is pretty low. U screwed up man, that was one of ur last chances to improve ur gpa.
Camish,
I think I read your post on the G'town Physio page. Although, he says he looks at school and AMCAS GPA, I think he mostly looks at AMCAS GPA. Afterall, we are basically forwarding our AMCAS application. If you did not complete your AMCAS and submitted things on their own, I think they might look at school GPA.
Jbing,
I feel you man. Is your 3.01 AMCAS cumulative, AMCAS BCPM, AMCAS non-BCPM, or school GPA. I have almost the exact stats as you and I still havn't heard back from GT SMP.
I think I read your post on the G'town Physio page. Although, he says he looks at school and AMCAS GPA, I think he mostly looks at AMCAS GPA. Afterall, we are basically forwarding our AMCAS application. If you did not complete your AMCAS and submitted things on their own, I think they might look at school GPA.
Jbing,
I feel you man. Is your 3.01 AMCAS cumulative, AMCAS BCPM, AMCAS non-BCPM, or school GPA. I have almost the exact stats as you and I still havn't heard back from GT SMP.
Originally posted by jbing
3.01 is amcas cumulative. i saw your stats and we are very similar (i even went to ucla). you will probably get waitlisted.
I hope your wrong on this one. 😀 Do you work in a lab at UCLA? What dept?
Originally posted by premed
I hope your wrong on this one. 😀 Do you work in a lab at UCLA? What dept?
nah, i do clinical research. i hope i'm wrong too, cuz then i can call them up and complain 😀
Last edited:
Originally posted by jbing
nah, i do clinical research at stanford med. i hope i'm wrong too, cuz then i can call them up and complain 😀
Cool...you'll be one of the first to know after I get the response. Applying to Post-bacs are just as stressful as applying to medical school. 🙁
Originally posted by jbing
3.01 is amcas cumulative. i saw your stats and we are very similar (i even went to ucla). you will probably get waitlisted.
Ur gonna be waitlisted and thats final bc Jbing says so, sorry.🙁
Originally posted by jbing
anyway y'all, i'm outta here. maybe ill see some of you at the SMP next year. i can only handle SDN for very short spurts at a time. judgmental jacka$$es like NRAI just kill it for me. peace.
Ur the one thats making judgements, didn't u say that premed was gonna be waitlisted just bc he had similar stats as u did. Maybe ur just an inherent loser and premed isn't going to end up like u. Also a 10 PS and 10Bio isn't mastering science, thats pretty average.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed better make it to GT SMP or ill be pissed. PISSED.
edit: i applied in early january and got acceptance via email on 2/23.
my stats are 3.27 BCPM, 3.35 Overall, 30MCAT with 9/10/11 disb.
like premed said (i goto UCLA also), i failed a class and got a C- and UCLA lets you retake them so my school GPA is a 3.55 and BCMP is 3.4...hopefully after this year my amcas will be 3.5!
edit: i applied in early january and got acceptance via email on 2/23.
my stats are 3.27 BCPM, 3.35 Overall, 30MCAT with 9/10/11 disb.
like premed said (i goto UCLA also), i failed a class and got a C- and UCLA lets you retake them so my school GPA is a 3.55 and BCMP is 3.4...hopefully after this year my amcas will be 3.5!
Originally posted by TabascoMD
i got the email today!!
stats?
I applied really early to GT SMP and was worried because I havn't heard anything yet. So I emailed them and found out that they were waiting for a transcript from St. Louis. The only schools I attended were UCLA and UCI (summer session). I hope they figure everything out and I find out soon. 🙁
Anyone else with news?
Anyone else with news?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 183
