Anyone heard back from GT SMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent out all my materials for GT SMP by mid-January and I still havn't heard back yet. I emailed them and they said 3 more weeks. This is just as intense as applying to medical school.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent in my application in mid Feb. I hope it doesn't take much longer. I rec'vd the email saying it would be 3 or 4 weeks to get a response. Still checking my email and mailbox daily though.

You know what's funny...My friend got an email saying 6-8 weeks for a response and he got accepted in about 20 days. On the other hand, I got a notification that they will give me a decision ASAP, but I have yet to hear. I only know of 2 people that have been accepted. One is a friend and the other posted on the GT SMP forum that she was accepted. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
How many people do they accept every year?

I think somewhere around 120.

Do you know how many people apply every year? Seems like the program is gaining popularity, a year or two ago I had never even heard of the program, now it seems like everyone i know is applying there.

Dr. myers said on the smp forum that he expects around 500 applications.

Originally posted by TabascoMD
Dr. myers said on the smp forum that he expects around 500 applications.

Wow that is quite a bit, who is Dr. Myers?

I emailed GT SMP on 3/8 and they said..."allow three weeks".

Patiently waiting...

Yey, I just got accepted. I am so happy, thank you everyone for supporting me through this entire prosses.

Congrats Snoop!

Do you mind if I ask what your stats are?

Members don't see this ad :)
yea congrats
Also, when did you send in your app?

why the angry face? i'm confused...

it was his first post and no one supported him through "the process". He's full of crap.

good point. i read his other posts and i think he's just here to mess around. or maybe he's just a reader...not a poster. i've been reading the threads on this forum for a couple years but i only started posting recently.

so snoop...what are your stats and when did you apply? help us out...

Are these types of programs for minority applicants or can anyone get in?

Anyone can get in, just look at me and my numbers.

ok i am assuming you are not a minority then snoop

thanks

Hey Snoop,

When did you apply for the SMP? I'm curious to know what the turnaround time is for applications.

Thanks

Sea Monkey,

When did you apply?? I'm so confused. I had everything in by first week of January with a 3.03 cum GPA, 2.91 BCPM, 3.32 non-science, and 33Q MCAT. Is it because of my BCPM GPA not being above 3.0?? BTW, my UCLA school GPA is well above 3.0 in all categories. It's just that AAMC counts some failed courses I took when I was a 1st year (while UCLA lets me replace the grade). :( Why do I have such bad luck...

Originally posted by seamonkey229
Just got accepted Today. MCAT=31 GPA=3.0

Congradulations foo.

good lord a 3.0 gpa and 31 mcat doesn't get you into medical school? Was this because of limited experience and your LORS or really a 3.0 gpa. Seems odd?

Originally posted by Airzonk
good lord a 3.0 gpa and 31 mcat doesn't get you into medical school? Was this because of limited experience and your LORS or really a 3.0 gpa. Seems odd?

3.0 gpa is kinda low isn't it? Do good at GT and that ll raise ur GPA and will look mondo good. 31 mcat is pretty good.

does georgetown SMP want AMCAS GPA's or school GPA's? I asked Dr. Myers a long time ago and I think he said school GPA would be fine.

waitlisted

Last edited:

Last edited:
Originally posted by jbing
waitlisted, 33 mcat (10,10,13 V), 3.01 at top public school, 3.19 postbacc science, publication, tons of research and volunteer.

3.199 post bacc is pretty low. U screwed up man, that was one of ur last chances to improve ur gpa.

Camish,

I think I read your post on the G'town Physio page. Although, he says he looks at school and AMCAS GPA, I think he mostly looks at AMCAS GPA. Afterall, we are basically forwarding our AMCAS application. If you did not complete your AMCAS and submitted things on their own, I think they might look at school GPA.

Jbing,

I feel you man. Is your 3.01 AMCAS cumulative, AMCAS BCPM, AMCAS non-BCPM, or school GPA. I have almost the exact stats as you and I still havn't heard back from GT SMP.

Last edited:

Last edited:
3.01 is amcas cumulative. i saw your stats and we are very similar (i even went to ucla). you will probably get waitlisted.

I hope your wrong on this one. :D Do you work in a lab at UCLA? What dept?

Originally posted by premed
I hope your wrong on this one. :D Do you work in a lab at UCLA? What dept?

nah, i do clinical research. i hope i'm wrong too, cuz then i can call them up and complain :D

Last edited:
nah, i do clinical research at stanford med. i hope i'm wrong too, cuz then i can call them up and complain :D

Cool...you'll be one of the first to know after I get the response. Applying to Post-bacs are just as stressful as applying to medical school. :(

3.01 is amcas cumulative. i saw your stats and we are very similar (i even went to ucla). you will probably get waitlisted.

Ur gonna be waitlisted and thats final bc Jbing says so, sorry.:(

anyway y'all, i'm outta here. maybe ill see some of you at the SMP next year. i can only handle SDN for very short spurts at a time. judgmental jacka$$es like NRAI just kill it for me. peace.

anyway y'all, i'm outta here. maybe ill see some of you at the SMP next year. i can only handle SDN for very short spurts at a time. judgmental jacka$$es like NRAI just kill it for me. peace.

Ur the one thats making judgements, didn't u say that premed was gonna be waitlisted just bc he had similar stats as u did. Maybe ur just an inherent loser and premed isn't going to end up like u. Also a 10 PS and 10Bio isn't mastering science, thats pretty average.

You kids crack me up :)

The future doctors of America :laugh:

premed better make it to GT SMP or ill be pissed. PISSED.

edit: i applied in early january and got acceptance via email on 2/23.

my stats are 3.27 BCPM, 3.35 Overall, 30MCAT with 9/10/11 disb.

like premed said (i goto UCLA also), i failed a class and got a C- and UCLA lets you retake them so my school GPA is a 3.55 and BCMP is 3.4...hopefully after this year my amcas will be 3.5!

I applied really early to GT SMP and was worried because I havn't heard anything yet. So I emailed them and found out that they were waiting for a transcript from St. Louis. The only schools I attended were UCLA and UCI (summer session). I hope they figure everything out and I find out soon. :(

Anyone else with news?