Anyone heard from Campbell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megrxgirl

megrxgirl
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has heard from Campbell. I have received letters and emails from the other schools I have applied to, even the ones that arent rolling. I have only received a postcard a couple of weeks ago from Campbell and they are rolling.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything from Campbell either. I too received a postcard a couple of weeks ago stating that they were waiting on my PharmCAS application. My GPA has since been verified but my printout was not mailed yet. I assumed they would wait until they received those. Also, had you already taken the PCAT prior to applying? I just took mine on Sat. and I think I did horribly. Do you know how much emphasis they place on that? Thanks and Good Luck! :luck:

pharmdwannab said:
I haven't heard anything from Campbell either. I too received a postcard a couple of weeks ago stating that they were waiting on my PharmCAS application. My GPA has since been verified but my printout was not mailed yet. I assumed they would wait until they received those. Also, had you already taken the PCAT prior to applying? I just took mine on Sat. and I think I did horribly. Do you know how much emphasis they place on that? Thanks and Good Luck! :luck:

yes i have taken the pcat. I took it last year but im an idiot and i did it to "get the feel of it" and scored horribly. so now all they will see is my horrible pcat score until my hopefully better one from saturday gets there in a month or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
megrxgirl said:
just wondering if anyone has heard from Campbell. I have received letters and emails from the other schools I have applied to, even the ones that arent rolling. I have only received a postcard a couple of weeks ago from Campbell and they are rolling.

My pharmacy manager used to teach at Campbell. He says their class is generally filled up by mid-December, but he's not 100% sure of their timeline this year.

Thanks for the info.! I am hoping to hear from them soon. I don't even know if they will even think to invite me for an interview with no PCAT score yet! Oh well, I guess we'll wait and see!

i received from campbell 1 month ago saying "retake ur pcat" =)

Oh Great! I know I did crappy on the PCAT ! I will probably not even get anything from them now! UGH! I am sooooo agrevated with this whole thing! The waiting and rushing to finish everything! I hate waiting for results, especially when you know you didn't do well!!!!

pharmdwannab said:
Oh Great! I know I did crappy on the PCAT ! I will probably not even get anything from them now! UGH! I am sooooo agrevated with this whole thing! The waiting and rushing to finish everything! I hate waiting for results, especially when you know you didn't do well!!!!

they told me to get at least 60% on pcat for interview, i am tryin to get 60%!!!!! mine is 7% (June 2005)

Yeah, all I got so far from Campbell was the postcard that said they had received my materials from Pharmcas. I just took my PCAT on Saturday for the first time too.

What is their avg. PCAT score? What was your first PCAT score WorcesterPHOboy, if u don't mind me asking.

SpOrTsChIc said:
Yeah, all I got so far from Campbell was the postcard that said they had received my materials from Pharmcas. I just took my PCAT on Saturday for the first time too.

What is their avg. PCAT score? What was your first PCAT score WorcesterPHOboy, if u don't mind me asking.

Oh, never mind. I didnt see your next post.

Try not to freak out while you wait.... last year it took me 8 weeks to get my score and I did a lot better than I thought I did! Remember, what is hard for you is likely difficult for many others, it's percentile ranked and some very difficult questions could be experimental!

ndearwater said:
Try not to freak out while you wait.... last year it took me 8 weeks to get my score and I did a lot better than I thought I did! Remember, what is hard for you is likely difficult for many others, it's percentile ranked and some very difficult questions could be experimental!

wat do you mean experimental? i am confuse on that

SpOrTsChIc said:

I emailed campbell today and they said that they have no minimum for pcat scores but to be competitive you need to have a 75% and that their average score for last year was 65%. so hopefully i can score around the 65-75% range.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great! Thanks for the update! I will hope and pray for a good score! ndearwater, thanks for the encouragment! I really need it right now! Please, please, please for at least a 75%!

WorcesterPHOBoy said:
wat do you mean experimental? i am confuse on that

Experimental questions are questions that are placed in the exam for statistical purposes. They do not count towards your score. They are used by Harcout to determine if such a question would be unreasonable to include in the PCAT. They see what percentage of students answered correctly and based on that info determine whether or not it should be a real question on the next version of the exam.

Campbell told me today that we should start hearing something from them in about two weeks.

DHG said:
Campbell told me today that we should start hearing something from them in about two weeks.

I WISH UNC WAS THAT EFFICIENT!! +pissed+

AND THAT I'D BOTHERED TO APPLY TO CAMPBELL!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

b*rizzle said:
I WISH UNC WAS THAT EFFICIENT!! +pissed+

AND THAT I'D BOTHERED TO APPLY TO CAMPBELL!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

its not too late.

megrxgirl said:
its not too late.

Yeah it is, for this year.

They require public speaking and whatnot. If I want to graduate this year, I can't take it.

Also my PS was specifically tailored to UNC.

No biggie :)

I just need something to gripe about, as per usual.

just following up to see if anyone has heard from Campbell yet.

megrxgirl said:
just following up to see if anyone has heard from Campbell yet.

I'm interviewing there on Nov. 18th. Someone else posted that they they were interviewing at Campbell on the 18th as well. Check the Interview Sticky.

PharmEng said:
I'm interviewing there on Nov. 18th. Someone else posted that they they were interviewing at Campbell on the 18th as well. Check the Interview Sticky.

When did you get your invite for an interview? Was it by email?

calrx said:
When did you get your invite for an interview? Was it by email?

I got the invitation via postal mail on Tuesday. The letter was dated 10/31.

Have you already taken your PCAT? If so, what was your percentile? Just wondering b/c I took mine on the 22nd (first time) and I didn't know if they interviewed before they saw your score. Thanks!

pharmdwannab said:
Have you already taken your PCAT? If so, what was your percentile? Just wondering b/c I took mine on the 22nd (first time) and I didn't know if they interviewed before they saw your score. Thanks!

Yeah, I took the PCAT in June. My composite was 98th percentile.

Your PCAT composite score was fantastic! Thanks for the info! Good luck with your interview! :luck: :luck: :luck: